Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terri Irwin given copy of husband Steve Irwin's death video

Personally, I would pay money to watch the moron die. To pay me back for all the eyeball time I've wasted flipping past his programs. He should have sold used cars......

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    it's rumored that he tried to grab hold of the stingray, as if he were going to ride it. Like he always did, he harrassed the animal for the cameras.
    I'm sure you are right.

If my husband was killed in an accident of any kind I really don't think I could bring myself to watch it, let alone 'share' it with the kiddies. If there IS only one copy (which I highly doubt) then I guess the safest place to keep it would be at Fort Irwin but with sharks like Steve's business manager and 'best friend' John Stainton around I'm sure if someone came up with the right amount of $$$$ it would find its way into the public arena. Hey, they might show it on a great big screen at Australia Zoo during breaks between Bindi's 'adorable' performances.

It's interesting that when he died there was a Diana-like outpouring of grief for the dumb moron but now the truth is beginning to emerge about his whole operation and specifically the way Bindi is being shamelessly spruiked as his 'successor' to carry on His Work (ie tormenting animals for public amusement) people are beginning to realise what operators Steve and Terri Irwin really are.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think the grieving was instigated by our ownfeelings of mortality. When someone is in your face"as large as life and totally alive", to realise theycan be snuffed out in an instant brings an unfaceable horror to us. I remember thinking just after it happened, how he must of woke up full of beans and zest and now hours later lay stiffening and dead as a doornail in the morgue. Just like Iwill one day. No one really loved him. They admired him perhaps, but to make a circus out of our own fears of death is wrong. If he taunted animals for an audiences entertainment, what does that make him? Not ahero, thats for sure, but everyone is making him out to be one. He must havemade that stingray mighty agitated for it to strike. And didnt he say ifhe died doing this sort of thing he would want everyone to see it? Or it would be a waste or something. He wasnt a conservationist. He was a showman with a great act. One that backfired. Has anyone seen the video of him crying overa dead crocodile? Where he says he loved the crocodile as much as his wife? All pose and posturing. I laughed at him. In australian terms before he died and became a hero, he was thought of as a dickhead.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    In australian terms before he died and became a hero, he was thought of as a dickhead.
    Yeah, well that's what pissed me off about the whole hypocritical charade. Australians only create their 'heros' once they're dead.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Gold Member

I'm not going to lie, I want to see it! Hell you see death on t.v. all day every day.

I think the grieving was instigated by our ownfeelings of mortality. When someone is in your face"as large as life and totally alive", to realise theycan be snuffed out in an instant brings an unfaceable horror to us.
    Yes he was full of life, but I always thought "One day he's going to really piss off an animal and get seriously hurt." As everybody has already said, I thought it would be a croc. He really should have stayed in his familiar environment. Even so, he would have gotten it eventually. I feel sorry for his family. Still the whole Bindi campaign is creepy, imo. Too Shrley Temple-ish for me.

I think that Bindi looks like Michelle Williams from Dawson's Creek.

^^Now at least, she might get a chance to grow up....with her manic father around, she probably would have ended up as croc food before she reached adulthood......once he saw a camera on him, there was no act too stupid to keep that attention focused.....

Default UPDATE: Terri Irwin says death tape destroyed

UPDATE

Widow says Irwin death tape destroyed

LOS ANGELES - All footage of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's death has been destroyed, his widow said. Terri Irwin told TV's "Access Hollywood" in an interview airing this week that the tape was destroyed when it was no longer needed for the investigation into his death.

"There's standard protocols for examining certain evidence and that's no longer necessary, so we're very proud that Steve's last documentary is going to air and that's his last footage with wildlife," she said.

Steve Irwin died Sept. 4 in Australia after a stingray's tail pierced his chest while he was shooting two projects, including "Ocean's Deadliest" for the Discovery Channel.

Queensland, Australia, state Coroner Michael Barnes said last week that the original tape was returned to Terri Irwin, and all copies had been destroyed.

When asked by "Access Hollywood" about reports that she kept that tape, she responded, "Oh no, all footage has been destroyed."

Steve Irwin's manager, John Stainton, said Saturday that the completed "Ocean's Deadliest" — minus footage from the day Irwin was killed — would be screened in the United States on Jan. 21.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/crocodile_hunter_tapes
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

I still think there would be a copy lurking somewhere.

A*O

Oh for sure there is. The Queensland Police isn't renenowned for its *cough*integrity*cough

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think that Bindi looks like Michelle Williams from Dawson's Creek.
    I think so too! She is such an adorable little girl. I was watching something like EXTRA or Access Hollywood with her and her mom, and Bindi seems like such a neat kid. Very bright. She kinda has a cute little elfin look about her.

Also, my opinions have changed since watching them. Terri seems like a great mom and I think she's doing the right thing by keeping Bindi busy. If doing this tour and show helps keep the child's mind off of the tragedy and helps her feel like she's carrying on her beloved daddy's dream it's a good thing.

Makes you think though, father killed, you become famous. Hmmmm.........Oh Dad?............where are you? Ive got something for you...........

Going by today's 'The Daily Telegraph' (A Sydney newspaper) she has actually destroyed the tape.

A*O

I don't believe it. I'm sure there's a copy or two floating around out there and it's only a matter of time before someone tries to sell one for a LOT of money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information