Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 399

Thread: Steve Irwin dead...

  1. #106
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFingers View Post
    I am sure most people would be inclined to agree with you to an extent Grimmlock. Steve Irwin made a living out of being extremely risky around wild animals. But that doesn't make it acceptable to laugh at his death and call him derogatory names such as 'retard'.

    That just comes across as completely disrespectful and uncalled for in my, and so it seems many other people's opinion. Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you truly hated Steve Irwin for whatever reason then that's fine, but a little tact whilst expressing those opinions would be pleasant.

    yes but it's threads like this, with people feeling sensitive over an issue, that Grimmlok feeds off. ignore him and his wooden stirring spoon, he's just trying to get a reaction, just like every other time.

    I didn't particularly like Steve Irwin, but he did a great job in raising awareness of animals, and I was rooting far more for a croc to bite one of the Jackass boys, than Steve Irwin anyday. It's just a terrible shame that a good man and father has died, and in such a freak accident.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

  2. #107
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFingers View Post
    I am sure most people would be inclined to agree with you to an extent Grimmlock. Steve Irwin made a living out of being extremely risky around wild animals. But that doesn't make it acceptable to laugh at his death and call him derogatory names such as 'retard'.

    That just comes across as completely disrespectful and uncalled for in my, and so it seems many other people's opinion. Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you truly hated Steve Irwin for whatever reason then that's fine, but a little tact whilst expressing those opinions would be pleasant.
    He made a living out of harrassing and tormenting animals until they struck at him. I consider it completely acceptable to laugh at his death which was brought on by that disrespectful behavior. He did it to himself, and that to me is funny.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  3. #108
    Hit By Ban Bus! GoldFingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    yes but it's threads like this, with people feeling sensitive over an issue, that Grimmlok feeds off. ignore him and his wooden stirring spoon, he's just trying to get a reaction, just like every other time.
    Is he a troll? The description sounds very much like one. So why is he still here?

  4. #109
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    yes but it's threads like this, with people feeling sensitive over an issue, that Grimmlok feeds off. ignore him and his wooden stirring spoon, he's just trying to get a reaction, just like every other time.
    I don't feed off anything, I posted my opinion and everyone went off on me. That's all their is to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFingers View Post
    Is he a troll? The description sounds very much like one. So why is he still here?
    EXCUSE ME? Look at my post count. I've been here longer than all of you. I was here when this place was created, and long before that.

    Sheesh. Relative n00bs tellin me my bidness, gettin their dirty paws all over my lawn, whippersnappers...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  5. #110
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    Grimm is not a troll, he's simply a man of strong opinions who is remarkably fearless about expressing them. Sometimes this rubs people the wrong way and sometimes it cracks them up. I'm personally happy he's around, even when he gets a bit wacky.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  6. #111
    Hit By Ban Bus! GoldFingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    EXCUSE ME? Look at my post count. I've been here longer than all of you. I was here when this place was created, and long before that.
    And that makes you any different because...

  7. #112
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFingers View Post
    Is he a troll? The description sounds very much like one. So why is he still here?
    He's a sort of troll. He's just the kept pet troll. You'll find his food bowl, leash, and whip in the corner. Don't use his foodbowl, he's kind of picky about that, but feel free to use the whip. Precious likes it

    And don't start that noob business with me Grimm, I've been here just as long. Just don't feel the need to spout off like you do
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

  8. #113
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    .. because obviously if I was a troll, I would have been tossed out on my butt LONG ago, before your internet presence here was even hatched?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #114
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I don't feed off anything, I posted my opinion and everyone went off on me. That's all their is to it.



    EXCUSE ME? Look at my post count. I've been here longer than all of you.
    OK, but then, why the need to keep hammering your point, and making fun of other posters if your intention was only to post your opinion? The only reason this is going on and on is because you keep adding fuel to the fire.

  10. #115
    Elite Member PurpleHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I don't feed off anything, I posted my opinion and everyone went off on me. That's all their is to it.
    all there is to it that you posted your opinion in a crude and disrespectful manner and people got upset! ... not a good thing!

  11. #116
    Silver Member milky*mcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Barkin' at the New Moon
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    He made a living out of harrassing and tormenting animals until they struck at him. I consider it completely acceptable to laugh at his death which was brought on by that disrespectful behavior. He did it to himself, and that to me is funny.
    Oh, you're concerned about the animals? *remembers vividly all the pics that used to be posted of clubbed seals*

    I'm not going to lie and say I know how Steve Irwin treated his animals, but it looked like he had great respect for them. One thing I know for sure, he made wild life interesting and educational for children. Lots of children loved him, how the hell could his death ever be funny?
    Let's AV DIS!

  12. #117
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    OK, but then, why the need to keep hammering your point, and making fun of other posters if your intention was only to post your opinion? The only reason this is going on and on is because you keep adding fuel to the fire.
    I'm sorry, who told WHO to go away and shut up? Who's badgering who?

    Go back and read. The only reason this is going on is because people are going after me.

    I'm just defending myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHaze View Post
    all there is to it that you posted your opinion in a crude and disrespectful manner and people got upset! ... not a good thing!
    Again, boohoo. Don't like it, don't read it. I'm not about to tailor my internet presence to everyone elses specifications.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #118
    Hit By Ban Bus! GoldFingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southern England
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. because obviously if I was a troll, I would have been tossed out on my butt LONG ago, before your internet presence here was even hatched?
    And that is precisely what I am struggling to get my head around. Do you pay the admin or something? Or do you purposely antagonise people in order to keep this site 'alive'.

    I personally do not care how long a person has been here. It certainly won’t make me respect them or appreciate their opinion any more than a ‘noob'.

  14. #119
    Elite Member Tenaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ant's Pants
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    This thread is suddenly no longer about the original article but about someone getting attention, again.

  15. #120
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Hey Tenaj: welcome to gossip rocks. Last bathroom break before this handbasket makes it to hell!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Eric Bana to play Steve Irwin in a movie?
    By moomies in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 8th, 2006, 07:07 PM
  2. Steve Irwin just a showman (DUH!)
    By HWBL in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
  3. Crikey! Steve Irwin on South Park!
    By A*O in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 30th, 2006, 10:11 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: October 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM
  5. Snake tries to kill Steve Irwin wannabe
    By A*O in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •