Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St. Oprah gives away $1000 debit cards to her audience

just in case this hasnt been mentioned.. MS O.M.G. didnt "give" anyone anything.. she passed the cards out... BANK of AMERICA gave them the cards with the balance of $1000 and they are to log in the "angel network" site and tell them how each debit card is spent to help someone..

so .. they are tracking each card and it isnt even a fucking gift.. just retarded

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Nice way to force your generosity on others. Just think of how genuine that will be: I'm giving this money away because I have to, not because it was my idea.
    That's what I'm thinking. They'll be giving away something that was never really theirs to begin with.

Silver Member

And they weren't given the video cameras - Oprah said "she" would be "lending" them the cameras to videotape how they spent the money.

I would have been royally ticked to be in that audience. To have such a build up to the "greatest giveaway EVER" and then to be told I have to come up with a creative way to give away $1000, do it in a week, videotape it, and then come back to the show to watch her brag about how awesome she is. *sigh* It was bad enough to see her single out members of the audience and say "I thought of that" while they were cheering over the video cameras they're just getting on loan.

I do enjoy watching most of her shows, she does have some great topics but she is way too full of herself and too much of a braggart know-it-all (why bother having experts on when she already knows what they're talking about? poop excluded)

Didn't I hear she didn't really give away the cars herself either? General Motors actually gave them away

yep ... so st poopah isnt really doing shit .. except coming up with ideas for OTHER people to get a tax break or something...

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Ok... I watched this show with Mr. Mehmet Oz a few weeks ago. It was a very good show about questions that people are embarassed to ask their Doc. In light of how many people are STILL ignorant with their healthcare, I think the show was great and maybe some uneducated folks learned a few things. I did (S shape poop is one..LOL) and I'm VERY proactive with my healthcare.
    So what's the deal with S-shaped poops. ANd did they mention ones shaped like question marks?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I dont care what her motive was for giving it away, point is she gave money away and i wish i was in her audience!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    So what's the deal with S-shaped poops. and did they mention ones shaped like question marks?

Buttmunch.....check out this link from Pope-rah's site, It will explain it all:
    http://www.oprah.com/health/yourbody/slide/slide_yourbody_digestion_102.jhtml

I agree that Pope-rah can get on her high horse at times, but for crying out loud people, she was doing something nice. Regardless of WHO gave away, lended recorders.....etc. Charities are going to benefit from the $300K that was given out on her show. Geesh.....

No, happy8...Poprah is on my current really annoying person list and I will not hear anything nice about her! Off to check out the poop thread.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I used to like her years ago, but anybody that puts themselves on the cover of every fricken issue of a magazine is not right in the head, that's all there is to it

Bronze Member

Sounds like a sponsored event as usual, so she didn't actually give anything away herself. It may have been handed out on her show, but didn't come out of her vault. Still she can take the credit, and the cudos all the way to the bank.
    Staralicious

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    And they weren't given the video cameras - Oprah said "she" would be "lending" them the cameras to videotape how they spent the money.
    I would include a shot of my S-shaped turd

You also gotta love that she, when she's on that couch talking with/to a guest, and then she has a "moment" and announces "You wanna know what I think?" ....... As if we have a choice
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm watching a rerun right now and she's doing an entire show ABOUT HERSELF. All about when she started, how she started, etc. including readings from her diary from when she first started and big suckups from the various celebs that have been on the show over the years. I think I'm going to vomit.

***edit: holy crap...the pity parade just showed up...It's manniston!!! Gah! She's almost as full of herself as Poprah.

--Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

^^Why waste your time watching re-runs, didn't you tell me earlier she is on your "most annoying" list right now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information