Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salma Hayek: Confirmed preggo & engaged

Gold Member

No, I wrote to this guy, I think her hubby-to-be is gross. Norton and Lucas are babes.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    really? her last hit was frida, like 5 yrs ago. she is supposedly a closet lesbo. and she marries an unattractive man, who def lies about his age...he's no less than 50 if not 60. why not? its not like they will have a faithful marriage. men with that much money have women constantly falling over them and they stray.
    It doesn't matter if not every movie you make is a box office hit> you get paid up front anyway, so the money's already in the bank. It only differs if you get paid AFTERWARDS in a percentage of the profit, when there ain't any.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I just read, he has two children and was married before.

Elite Member

Salma is pretty private. It doesn't surprise me we haven't heard of this guy before. This is an interesting quote by Salma. Gives some insight on her way of thinking:

" I am suspicious of those who have to let the world know how much they love each other. It's a little sad when you have to brag about how much you love someone. That kind of declaration doesn't always reflect the moment of truth between two people who care deeply for each other. When that truth is there, you don't need others to know it. And when somebody truly loves you, you don't even need him or her to be affectionate. Affection is fantastic, but it doesn't necessarily mean there's love - and the public display of affection is often just a show. When you open a door for others to have an opinion on your relationship, it can be dangerous. Find what you need, not what everyone else wants for you. Women have been taught that in order to have a place in the world, an identity, they must marry and have children. If that's the life you truly want, great. But for many women, marriage is only about needing the world to know that someone desires them enough to say, "Here's a contract to prove that I love you and will commit to you for the rest of my life." For these women, no contract equals no validation - and, thus, no reason for existing."

^^ I like Salma's quote.

Just curious, but why do ya'll say she's gay? Is it b/c of that Frida movie?

I'm shocked that you guys think he looks SO old.

(when you google his name, you need to get the Henri in there as he's called for his dad - who DOES look old - but hell he's 72!)

I wish them luck! They're pretty evenly matched if she's driven, because he will need to be too as his company own "Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta leather goods and accessories, Sergio Rossi shoes, Balenciaga fashion, Boucheron jewelry, various cosmetics and watch brands and two fashion start-ups: Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney." and Christies &..... etc etc

& if she fancies going shopping, maybe he can bring it home from the office for her....?
    Oh - he' might be "richer than god" but I bet the majority of it is tied up in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    ^^ I like Salma's quote.

Just curious, but why do ya'll say she's gay? Is it b/c of that Frida movie?
    Because (IMO) she goes to premieres with Pen (coz he's busy working.....)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    It doesn't matter if not every movie you make is a box office hit> you get paid up front anyway, so the money's already in the bank. It only differs if you get paid AFTERWARDS in a percentage of the profit, when there ain't any.
    not quite. first off, yes you get paid up front. however, if your movie bombs, then the amount you get for the next film will be less. second, only elite stars get percentages of the movie's gross, especially if the movie will be considered a huge hit-ie tom cruise and mission impossible or even directors like george lucas whenever there's a new movie. but shes making ugly betty money and has a fiance worth billions, so, shes set.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ahem. That guy is not over 50. Young people always think older people are way older than they are. Then those same young people get old, and they go "oh I get it now."

Not trying to diss anyone, but I tell ya, that's the way it is. I did not find men over 40 attractive at all until I hit 40. And I usually thought 45-to-50 yr olds were older than they really were.

As for attractiveness, I wouldn't call him UNattractive, just not in her league looks-wise, esp. compared to her last male two lovers/relationships.

Younger people think like that ,Mira,like i did when i was young.
    That man is good for her,she sounds like a smart woman,she got the whole package,he is not a walking doll,ok,but looks is not the point here.
    I believe she chose well,clever woman.

not quite. first off, yes you get paid up front. however, if your movie bombs, then the amount you get for the next film will be less.
    Not necessarily. Some actors sign multiple movie deals and get their fee paid up front, even BEFORE the movies are made. Eddie Murphy was only 23 when he signed, I believe, a 3 movie contract and he only had 1 successful movie when they offered him that. That's hardly a guarantee that everything that follows will be a hit too.

second, only elite stars get percentages of the movie's gross, especially if the movie will be considered a huge hit-ie tom cruise and mission impossible or even directors like george lucas whenever there's a new movie. but shes making ugly betty money and has a fiance worth billions, so, shes set.
    Again, not necessarily. My fave actor, Warren Beatty, wasn't a big star yet, at least not box office wise when in 1967 he got that now famous 40% deal on Bonnie & Clyde. That movie secured him for life, but the deal was only given to him because the execs believed the movie would be a flop!!!! They thought they'd save themselves money that way. After all, 40% of nothing is nothing!
    Also, especially in smaller productions or independend movies, it's not just big names who get percentages. Some actors commit to a production because they feel it should be made, and take scale or sometimes even nothing up front, in return for a percentage deal hoping that the movie they so believe in, will become the success they believe it earns.

***** celeb

Well, congrats to her and her fiance. I've always liked Salma. I couldn't help but think at first that perhaps this is her and Pene's baby, tee hee
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Elite Member

I agree with Mira and HWBL...a lot of younger people think that anything past age 30 is ancient. Just wait till they get there. Then they'll say "I still got it and I'm not old!!" lol

As far as Salma goes, I don't think her fiance is ugly. He's a mature man, not some kid. He has really pretty eyes too...they look so blue and it seems that he has a lot of long dark eyelashes. It's going to be exciting to see how their baby looks like. The mix between Salma's hispanic looks and his French blood will probably make a gorgeous baby. Salma has dark hair and eyes, but complexion-wise she's not dark. It would be cute if their baby comes out caucasian looking...lol

This man is older, he apparently has a good job, is financially stable and he's had children before. He KNOWS what he's getting into. At the forefront of every woman's mind should always be that she's given her children a good father and it seems that Salma's done just that. I wish them the best. Having your first baby must be so exciting.

Elite Member

I don't think 40 years old is old age, far from it, especially for a man. He just looks older in some of the pics, younger in others. Salma isn't exactly a teenager herself and to me, she's not beautiful. HWBL-you know more than me!! thanx for the info!

I don't think 40 years old is old age, far from it, especially for a man. He just looks older in some of the pics, younger in others. Salma isn't exactly a teenager herself and to me, she's not beautiful. HWBL-you know more than me!! thanx for the info!
    You're welcome.

***** celeb

I agree, after the initial shock of seeing him in the photos posted I thought he looked a little older than he actually is too(!), but with the magnificent (younger looking than 40) Salma beside him you don't really notice anybody else as much:-) He doesn't strike me as unnatractive at all though and 43 is hardly ancient.
    I'm another fan of Salma, I like whatever I've read or seen about her, she's talented and beautiful and brainy, and if he's a nice guy at all I hope they last a long time together.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information