Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prince William and Kate Middleton over

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You have to be naughty to sit on that chair

I used to use this one but it's not as cute or fun.

I also have this one.

It's only for girls by the way cuz it's pink, you know

Boys can sit on this one.

But for now, please enjoy the one with the frog

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Ok taking a sit in the naughty chair........sorry moomies *smacks bottom*

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Kate made a lucky escape if you ask me. I cannot imagine any young person willingly putting aside their lives and personal interests to join that family firm. Not even for love.

And I just have to comment on the 'love-dear' debate. In South Louisiana it's pretty common for Cajuns to call each other or anyone else either 'baby' or 'chere' and it doesn't mean a thing. There's no implied insult or talking down to someone or anything else. It's just an endearment you use with someone you're palsy-walsy with. I get the impression that 'love' and 'dear' were used in the same manner. But remind me not to call certain people here 'baby' since I tend to do it a lot in RL.

I probably should stay out of this, but I can't resist.

Soth, for your information, PB is a woman. I can very well understand why she wouldn't like being called "dear" or "love" by someone she doesn't know. In my job, I am on the phones a lot, and I am constantly being called "honey" or "sweetie" by people I don't even know. Apparently, I have a youngish voice, but it makes me feel I am being talked down to, and I always put the phone on mute and mutter, "I am not your sweetie!"

I don't remember what went on in the Oprah thread, but it seems like you're trying to deliberately trying to get under PB's skin, which seems kind of stupid to me. She is a moderator, whether you like it or not.

MaryJane calls me sweetie all the time and I quite like it a lot cuz noone else uses such a term of endearment with me in real life, maybe it's not so common where we are or maybe just among the people I surround myself with it's not so common. But I really like it when people call me such terms, sounds so friendly. Maybe it's just me though, I haven't had any bad experience with it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Can I call you chere, Moomies?

Of course, I'd be honoured, Gator. A french friend of mine told me that expression once. I don't really have lovey dovey people around me so yea I really like it. Even my own hubby doesn't call me anything but my first name . I'd like it if he did, you know like most couples call each other honey and stuff but the best I ever got from him was munchkin...

Oh, well I guess I'm just a churl, then. I'm from the South, so I've been called "honey" or "sweetie" all my life. My mom even went the extra mile and called me "Precious Love". It's OK when family or close friends use those sappy endearments, but I really do find it offensive when people I don't even know start the "sweetie" stuff.

I don't like how on the pink chair it says Time Out and on the blue chair it says Oops. So when boys misbehave it's just an oops? I beg to differ.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Haha, lemme see. I posted a wrong pic from a different site.

Here's the matching one I believe.

Oh, ok. Phew, MUCH BETTER!

I must say, those are indeed cute chairs.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    MaryJane calls me sweetie all the time
    You're too cute I learned it from my very good friend from Houston, she calls me that all the time! So I use it too with people I feel affection for. I also created the abbreviation 'swee' which sounds ever cuter to me, but I don't use it often just in case to a native English speaker it sounds weird, like reminding of other words, maybe like 'sweep'?

Going back to the topic, this is what really happened between William and Kate
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/lat...ver-phone.html

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Prince William's friends complained that Kate was "too common"

The real reason is supposedly the above ^ and gasp shock Kate's mother being crass and common.

Kate's mother probably has more class than any of those idiots. Of course, royal biographer Penny Junor spins it, but we all know who she works for.

Royal split: Snobbery center stage - CNN.com

The time-out chairs rock, moomies! It almost makes one want to get into drama just to see them make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Pacific Breeze, you have taken my intention out of context and twisted your misunderstood opinion of what I said and decide to run with it. I answered you and was not being sexist. Ill keep it nice and simple , use fairly small words so you do understand.

1. I was not being sexist, I was being condecending. If your delicate sensibilities are so offended, perhaps you would be better doing something else with your time.

2. Dont tar and feather me with the sexist tag, I still dont know if you are a guy or a girl.

3.You were the one that dissagreed with me in that Oprah thread

4. Buttmunch and I have behaved like adults and sorted our issues in a mature way, not resorted to smearing peoples names.

5. Butmunch has never attacked me as an attention seeker in that thread.....If you reread it its crystal clear, and you got it wrong.
    You are the one who "smeared" your name by your actions, I had nothing to do with it. I've had virtually no interaction with you on this board, and had no idea you bore me such ill will.

I doubt very much that if you were being "condescending" to a man, that you would use the words "dear" and "love" to do it. I've been to Australia, including your fair city, and I did not hear men calling one another love and dear. Ergo, you were being sexist. At least have the guts to admit it. And you know very well that I am female.

Yes, I disagreed with you on the Oprah thread months ago and promptly forgot about it. It could also be interpreted that you disagreed with me. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to disagree on GR. You took it personally and wrote in this thread that you were "condescending" to me here because of it. Talk about holding a grudge.

Don't worry, I've been dealing with this kind of sexist BS for a long time, as have lots of other women -- I'm just sorry that that kind of behavior is still around, and surfacing here at GR. Seems to me it belongs in the Stone Ages.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; April 16th, 2007 at 02:19 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information