Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince William and Kate Middleton over

^^ But if she was paid to go away quietly, then did she really have the chance to be queen? I doubt it would have gone through if the palace wasn't on board.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Post script. Since PB had a go whithout my right of reply, I will make it public again (sorry to go OT guys).....neither comment was sexist, or intended to be...maybe there was a lost in translation moment, maybe it was some sort of brain fart.....I thought it empowering that a girl, a commoner at that, had the chance to be the future queen of England and walked away from it.
    Calling someone 'love' isn't sexist...those british types do it all the time. Now, dear, go be a good boy and put on your riveting fishing gear.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Cool

Um... I knd of wish someone would interview Kate about the Prince's penis...

Yes - sometimes the sickfuck in me comes out...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Well, if it's anything like his father's, there isn't much to talk about.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    even tho its the news of the world i tend to beleive theres some truth in it, or is it me just being cynial
    News of the World: News
    I think there is a quite a bit of truth in that. What guy wants to get married at 24? Especially one that is getting quite a bit of freedom for the first time in his life? If he had doubts then it is good that he broke up with her now. We can all do without another St Di situation. The armed forces in the UK don't know about the rest of the world has an extremely high divorce rate even higher than average (50%?) I believe. Add to that the added pressure of the media society we live in and shackles of royalty I don't see how a marriage to a "normal person" would ever have lasted for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Calling someone 'love' isn't sexist...those british types do it all the time. Now, dear, go be a good boy and put on your riveting fishing gear.
    Calling someone love and dear IS sexist in the context in which Soth did it.

My husband is British and I am fully aware of the terms of endearment and conversation used there; I lived in London for 8 months and I go back to the UK frequently, twice in the past 3 years.

And if someone asks not to be treated in that condescending manner and the person persists, which is what happened -- it is not only deliberate, but bad manners as well. There was NO "misunderstanding" on my part whatsoever, nor on the part of several posters, including two male posters, who've PMed me about it. The comments stand for all to see. If you can't attack the idea, you attack/condescend to the person.

Back OT, where is the evidence that she was paid to go away? I don't buy the idea that they paid her to disappear because she was a commoner -- it seems pretty clear that she walked away of her own accord. As well, her family is stinking rich -- she sure doesn't need the money.

He's the one making an ass of himself, not her. As others have said, marrying into the royal family isn't all that -- if Diana's life taught anybody anything, it was that. Girlfriend just had enough.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; April 15th, 2007 at 01:01 PM.

.... the the lower headline in the Sunday Express?
    "Princes in Crisis"
    * Top level talks to keep Harry out of Iraq
    * Palace rocked by Will's split from Kate.

I'd scan & post it, if I could bring myself to care enough......

(& on a sideline, I'm from Yorkshire (One of them "British types" LOL) where EVERYONE gets called "love" and I HATE it! Esp from a bloke because 98% of the time it IS being conderscending. But I think there might have been humour in ButtMunch's response? Its difficult sometimes when it's in writing.... I've not learnt to "read" internation...)

For heaven's sake ... the guy broke up with a girlfriend. It's hardly a national crisis.

(& on a sideline, I'm from Yorkshire (One of them "British types" LOL) where EVERYONE gets called "love" and I HATE it! Esp from a bloke because 98% of the time it IS being conderscending. But I think there might have been humour in ButtMunch's response? Its difficult sometimes when it's in writing.... I've not learnt to "read" internation...)
    'Internation'...that's hilarious--right up there with 'interfection'. And yes, it was my humble attempt at humor...apparently it didn't go over well in all quarters.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    'Internation'...that's hilarious--right up there with 'interfection'. And yes, it was my humble attempt at humor...apparently it didn't go over well in all quarters.
    Well BUM!!! to you! It looked right to me, I spelt it how I say it*..... I'm disle...dyslex.... BUM!... CAN"T SPELL!!!!!

* maybe I should have put inter-nation....... I'd use a dictionary if I though it'd help but I can never find the word I'm looking for....

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

For heaven's sake ... the guy broke up with a girlfriend. It's hardly a national crisis.
    LOL! Well it is if you're a royalist.... Also we've got an election on the 3rd May, so some of the press are trying to use "distraction" techniques*....

* Butt? Was that spelt ok? Maybe you'll be my personal spell checker?

Intonation

Butt's not meaning any insult, I'm sure. Interfection is a little joke around here.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Intonation

Butt's not meaning any insult, I'm sure. Interfection is a little joke around here.
    Bum... Butt.... a little one all of my own (but I am normally the only one laughing!)
    Thanks, so its from tone.... that's interesting!

XXXXXXX <- for everyone!

Elite Member

hes 24, and been with the same chick for 4-5yrs? maybe he wants to sleep around. i think there was just too much pressure. royals dont marry for love, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    The royals did not want a commoner entering to their circle. Kate will have recieved a small settlement (to coin a phrase), maybe stipend is more accurate, the royals will have given her $ to have walked away Im sure, but I would prefer not to be misquoted....they were in a monogomous relationship and nothing else, and Q Liz will have an amount of control after the dramas of Fergie and Di......the behaviour of William was understandable but not fair on Kate but he's what....22?

Post script. Since PB had a go whithout my right of reply, I will make it public again (sorry to go OT guys).....neither comment was sexist, or intended to be...maybe there was a lost in translation moment, maybe it was some sort of brain fart.....I thought it empowering that a girl, a commoner at that, had the chance to be the future queen of England and walked away from it.

Why do you keep saying Kate Middleton must have been paid off to go away? She has a good job and she comes from a well-off family. She probably would have turned down a pay-off even if she was offered one.

Besides, reading between the lines, I think she dumped William's ass. She may have felt neglected and unappreciated, and in the meantime she was seeing silly pictures in the paper of him partying with other girls. Also, she may have had severe misgivings about joining the "Firm".

But I like Prince William. If he wants to party hearty and not get married til his 30s, I don't blame him.

That,s not true,look at daddy Charlie and his Camilla
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information