Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince William and Kate Middleton over

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

If it is over, good for her. I just think a normal relationship is difficult enough without all the nonsense that anyone involved with a royal has to put up with. I am sure she can make do with some incredibly wealthy young man in a few years and settle for being a footnote in his royal biography. I have a feeling she would be much happier that way.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    I've missed seeing the mad pharmaceuticals, Moomies!

They come in a very cute package.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Well, my oldest friend just called to say her husband is now in palliative care and asking me to come and say goodbye to him. He has bowel cancer, diagnosed in December, and he could die at any time. This petty BS pales beside that. He is one of the most decent people I've ever known, has great respect for women, and does not deserve to die this way.

I am sorry PB-please give her a hug. My heart hurts for you.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend PB. How wonderful to have people speak about him in such glowing terms at the end, and to have friends and family around. My heart goes out to you and his family.

Uhm, well...

I was really surprised to see this this morning when I got up. Anyway, Kate always had issues with the media I feel so it's probably a good thing she got out.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Bronze Member

I'm sorry to hear that.

That's terrible pb. Cancer is the worst illness
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

My condolences, PB.

And I don't think Kate Middleton is due a settlement. She and Prince William were never married. I don't think she would want or need a settlement even if she was offered one. She has a good job and has her own money.

PB ,i am so sorry,stand by your friend,she,ll need you,be strong for her,life is so unfair,we can only do our best for the ones left behind..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I know. Just a few weeks ago we all had lunch together, and they were feeling very positive that he had a real chance of beating it. And, now, this. It is heartbreaking. He was also a teacher, and helped so many kids. He was a counsellor and devoted himself to finding solutions for kids who didn't have many. The high school where he taught is going through a bit of a dark time right now.

My friend is so tightly wound that she isn't allowing herself to feel anything -- she has to hold it together -- but I know she needs my help, even if she won't ask for it. I am supposed to go away on business for four days next week but am considering cancelling it. I will find out tonight if anybody is going to be around to help her. If not, I will do it. He will die soon -- apparently they thought he would die last night but he rallied -- and I am just thinking about what to bring him at the hospital. I know what I want to say -- I'd rather say it to him when he's alive, then after he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I know. Just a few weeks ago we all had lunch together, and they were feeling very positive that he had a real chance of beating it. And, now, this. It is heartbreaking. He was also a teacher, and helped so many kids. He was a counsellor and devoted himself to finding solutions for kids who didn't have many. The high school where he taught is going through a bit of a dark time right now.

My friend is so tightly wound that she isn't allowing herself to feel anything -- she has to hold it together -- but I know she needs my help, even if she won't ask for it. I am supposed to go away on business for four days next week but am considering cancelling it. I will find out tonight if anybody is going to be around to help her. If not, I will do it. He will die soon -- apparently they thought he would die last night but he rallied -- and I am just thinking about what to bring him at the hospital. I know what I want to say -- I'd rather say it to him when he's alive, then after he is dead.
    Very sorry to hear about this, let's face it, most of what we talk about in these threads is pure time wasting and a guilty pleasure, it pales considerably when compared to real life

Just get him a flower,one he can smell.
    I got one for my mom,a big deep red rose that smelled heavenly.
    I ll never forget her smile after she smelled it ..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Good idea.

Hit By Ban Bus!

My condolences to you and your friend, PB. I hope his rally will last a while so people he loved the most can say their goodbyes.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information