Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pete Townshend walks out on Howard Stern

Itís most likely that the majority of people who access these sites are not
    doing so for research. Law enforcement must hear that excuse all the time.
    By providing your credit card info you are actually supporting this type of site.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

exactly ^ and u do the crime; you do the time!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

You do have a valid point. I just don't think that the Stern show is the best venue to do that in.

I don't think it's Howard Stern's role to decide when and if Townshend talks about what happened. I don't know whether he's doing genuine research or not, but according to the law, he hasn't committed a crime.

I suppose some of you think I should have been arrested for doing research. I mean after all, that's what "they all say." Lynch mob mentality, much? That scares me as much as what I saw when I went on some of those sites.

Wait a minute...we don't know if he committed a crime or not. We only know that charges were dropped and that he had to agree to certain conditions. Fact is, when listening to the Stern show on Sirius and hearing the name "Pete Townshend" I immediately thought of this incident and all the speculation around what he did or didn't do and expected that he was going to set the record straight about it, as he's no stranger to the Stern show and surely if he's making an appearance he has nothing to hide.

There's plenty of chances before the guy actually ends up in the guest chair for him to make it known this is something he doesn't want to be asked about or even mentioned. But knowing the show like I do, if this were the case then they would probably tell him 'no deal'. This is one of the many reasons why Howard is so successful.

Much as people who are not fans of Stern's may hate it, folks in the know realize what an appearance or mention on the Stern show can do for a person or product. Ratings, sales, public intrest....Stern delivers. This is exactly why he doesn't have to settle for doing a shitty, fake, nicey-nice show where he kisses celeb ass and avoids what people really want to know.

I guess it's a bitter pill for some celebs to swallow that people are actually more curious about the scandalous shit (i.e. in this case, *that pedophile thing*...what really happened to make that go away, Pete?) than the latest project/film/album they're hawking. Hell if he really was innocent, you'd think he'd be chomping at the bit for the chance to explain the 'misunderstanding' and everyone would probably think he was a great guest, a cool guy who really got the shaft and then actually become interested in whatever else he was there to promote if they weren't already!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I don't think it's Howard Stern's role to decide when and if Townshend talks about what happened. I don't know whether he's doing genuine research or not, but according to the law, he hasn't committed a crime.

I suppose some of you think I should have been arrested for doing research. I mean after all, that's what "they all say." Lynch mob mentality, much? That scares me as much as what I saw when I went on some of those sites.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone (in this case RT) would feel the need to research this subject by (1) paying to look at a site like this and (2) LOOK at a site like this. There are a lot of other ways to understand child abuse and garner information. Further exploitation of a child doesn't need to be one of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information