Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicole Richie taken to hospital for "dehydration"

I refuse to believe this girl breaks enough of a sweat to become dehydrated from anything outside of reduced fluid intake coupled with inappropriate use of stimulant and/or diuretic products.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    What is that?
    It's what CollegeStudent says, asthma medication.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS_one View Post
    i know what albuterol is but clenbuterol? ... same drug type?
    Yeah seems both for asthma.

People don't always take certain meds for their therapeutic affects towards the usual condition for which they are prescribed, but sometimes specifically due to other side effects that they happen to find advantageous.

Meds for allergies, asthma, pain, hypothyroidism, ADHD are a few examples.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silly girl is so afraid of water weight gain she can't even drink anything....

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Yeah seems both for asthma.
    I've read that it's asthma medicine for horses. It's suppose to be risky stuff to take. Bodybuilers also use it.

From Wikipedia -

Clenbuterol is a drug prescribed to sufferers of breathing disorders as a decongestant and bronchodilator. People with chronic breathing disorders like asthma use this as a bronchodilator to make breathing easier. It is most commonly available in salt form as clenbuterol hydrochloride. Clenbuterol is often mistaken for a steroid because of its illicit use in athletics.

Yeah also for humans.

I used to have a prescription for Clenbuterol. Unlimited refill. Damn, I could have earned tons of money....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Silly girl is so afraid of water weight gain she can't even drink anything....
    I somewhere (can I find it now? can I hell!) that she'd been filming up to 2am then had an early morning call & worked for another long day.... (don't they have craft service on the Simple Life?), and that the film company doc that sent her to hospital was just covering his back. Read "over-reacted in sending her to hospital".....

However, given her past drug use....

She's been looking pretty good lately, so unless she started to lose weight again, this might actually be true. But then again, when you starve yourself, even gaining weight can be hard on your body and cause a heart attack, or other health issues.

So....where does one actually get their hands on such a drug?? Just curious! heehehee

I'll bet an allergist.

Hey LynnieD haven't seen you around lately.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    So....where does one actually get their hands on such a drug?? Just curious! heehehee
    Two places: Mexico or the internet.

I have low blood pressure at times, so when it is very hot and I don't drink enough, I sometimes get dizzy. Regardless of that, I still think Richie is a drug addict.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    not trying to be naive, but dehydration can make you feel soooo sick. Last summer it got up to 100+ degrees, 100% humidity and crazy UV levels. My girlfriends and I got so sick, just from briefly being outside--we were all dehydrated. Even chugging smart water and pedialyte didnt help...so maybe its not bs
    Glad to see someone else thought along the same lines as me---That maybe Nicole simply really was just dehydrated! I know from personal experience that it's very easy for some of us to become dehydrated and require IV rehydration at a hospital. I have Crohn's Disease, and (will spare you guys the details!) but during flare-ups i often become dehydrated & end up at the hospital with an IV in my arm & saline fluids dripping into my vein... I am also naturally pretty skinny....So i've often thought that if i were a famous person, all the negative speculation people would say about me, when it's actually all legit! Oh and i have asthma too, and have been hospitalized countless times for bad attacks & severe bronchitis... If i were a celeb, gossipers would have a field day speculating on *THE SENSATIONAL TRUTH* behind GoldDust's REAL reason for being hospitalized...(when the reason was actually exactly what i said it was, and from very mundane causes.)

Then again, (enough with the celeb-sympathizing here!--back to the fun bitchy gossiping, heehee) maybe Nicole IS a f*cked-up anorexic drug addict whose hospitalization resulted from something very sinister or salacious...
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information