Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 183

Thread: Newsweek readers question Angelina Jolie's sincerity and a whole lot more

  1. #121
    Elite Member nana55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    I do not kneel and I do not lean over..............unless it is a LOT of jewerly and cash
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

  2. #122
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And I think it's primarily MEN that have a problem with strong women. Why? Because men are usually the ones in positions of authority, and a strong woman is a threat to his power, along with all the other men who may be in a position to take over said man's position of authority.

    Well, I know men have a problem with a powerful woman, but I think some women have the same problem. Because I think some women believe that a strong powerful woman is somehow being less of a woman. But that's just speaking from a male perspective.

    Paris Hilton is the most hated and ripped apart female celebrity today. It's not because she wields great power and influence, it's because she's a dumb skank with no talent. Therefore, your point is preposterous. It IS NOT strong women or women with power that are the most hated and ripped apart, as you claim.

    The fact that you keep using Paris Hilton as an example completely undermines whatever point you're trying to make. I was talking about how society as whole tends to view strong powerful women. Hell, even strong powerful woman hate Paris.

    I still say that of all the people that are literally scared of and threatened by strong, ambitious, independent, powerful women are the MEN that they encounter in their work/home environment. Why? Because of what you say next:

    I agree that men are scared of women with so-called male traits, but I think women are too.

    Yes, "some" non-White people are guilty of this, but only the ignorant ones. But by no means is it "most" non-Whites that turn on their own when the others excel in life. So this particular analogy is tangential and doesn't give weight to your argument

    How is that any different from what I said in the first place? Did I say that it was most minorities? No, I said some go for the gold, while others turn on them. Perhaps in your rush to try and dissect everything I said, you overlooked that part.
    Jeez, what are you trying to do here, kid, write "War and Peace, the 2007 Update"? I'm a busy man and don't have time for long lectures. At least now I know where to come when the Ambien isn't kicking in.

  3. #123
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiwawa21 View Post
    Christ, all you haters/conspiracy theorists/cynics on here: instead of bitching about whether Angelina Jolie is acting via altruism or just for publicity, put your venomous energy into doing some good for the world at large...and if it pisses you off that Angelina talks about (which, admit it, at least works TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THE ISSUES), then please don't come back here and tell us what you did....
    exactly what I knew I would find in an AJ post ...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  4. #124
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quincyluke View Post
    Jeez, what are you trying to do here, kid, write "War and Peace, the 2007 Update"? I'm a busy man and don't have time for long lectures. At least now I know where to come when the Ambien isn't kicking in.


  5. #125
    Elite Member Born In A Brothel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I do not kneel and I do not lean over..............unless it is a LOT of jewerly and cash


  6. #126
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quincyluke View Post
    Jeez, what are you trying to do here, kid, write "War and Peace, the 2007 Update"? I'm a busy man and don't have time for long lectures. At least now I know where to come when the Ambien isn't kicking in.
    Look, having A.D.D and not being able to read or comprehend what I wrote is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe it'll finally inspire you to get that GED. When you do, get back to me, junior.
    Last edited by kingcap72; June 25th, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #127
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    So whenever I hear a guy criticise another guy I'm definately going to start throwing around the J word. It's the only fair and equal thing to do
    Yoko: I think that therre actually is a lot of male jealousy, but since being catty or jealous is considered the domain of cackling hens, male on male jealousy manifests itself differently. My husband works in a traditionally all male, old boys network kind of field. He is also model handsome and (unlike his co-irkers) happily married to a pretty woman who has kept her looks and figure(if I do say so myself), has no kids and less debt than the rest of them, and less stress in his life in general. He also happens to be extremely good at his work and busts ass while others slack (he really likes the work he does and has high standards). Unlike the co-irkers, my dh doesn't watch sports on TV and doesn't partake in office gambling (betting on games). He has been accused of being 'gay' and in my experience that is the #1 tell tale sign of male jealousy. Men aren't supposed to care about looks or notice other mens' looks, but you notice whenever there is a man women fawn over, some other blowhard will need to insist the guy must be gay (sort of how some women need to point out to their husbands and boyfriends that the centerfold they are admiring is 'fake'). It offends their manhood that he is more into computer games than watching the NBA and trying to live vicariously through famous athletes. It pisses them off that he got away with not having kids, so they need to insinuate that our marriage must be 'fake' because gawd forbid anyone ever have an original thought in their head or dare to live their lives differently. It is considered a weakness to admit to feeling envious, but men do it,too.
    Thanks for letting me vent that.

  8. #128
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Women are practically always judged on being a woman first, then their abilities.

    PB: and womens' looks are always commented on while mens' are not.

  9. #129
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Women are practically always judged on being a woman first, then their abilities.

    PB: and womens' looks are always commented on while mens' are not.
    I definitely agree with the part in bold. But men's looks are put under scrutiny too, not to the same extent as women, but it does happen.

  10. #130
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    I have to agree with the fact that usually (excluding people like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie)- strong, vocal women of a certain kind are hated. Often times by other women, which makes it even worse since it sets us all back. I also like the Hilary Clinton vs Laura Bush example, it's true that many men and women don't like Hilary (men in especially- possibly seeing a female in office as a threat?)- and these same people like Laura, who sits back and allows Bush to do all the talking (lucky us lol) and just nods politely at everything

    It is also interesting that while Angelina has been villified in the press and public for a very long time, Brad Pitt (the one who actually cheated) has not been criticized at all. She is called a homewrecker or the other women constantly ( I don't condone her behavior at all, don't get me wrong) but he is never called out as a cheater. If the situation were reversed and Jennifer Aniston had met another man while married to Brad, she would have been the one villified- not the other man.

    I see both sides of the argument though. I can see why people love her, and I can see why others dislike her so much.
    Last edited by nycgirl; June 26th, 2007 at 01:46 AM.

  11. #131
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    and I have to say that while Angelina has been villified in the press and public, Brad Pitt (the one who actually CHEATED) has not been criticized at all. It's very interesting.......she is called a homewrecker or the other women (which I don't condone at all, don't get me wrong) but he is not critized for being a cheater. If the situation were reversed and Jennifer Aniston had met another man while married to Brad, she would have been the one villified- not the other man.
    Hmmm... well, apparently the ladies do have all the power!
    It seems a lot of folks don't expect a man to NOT be led around by his privates.

    Shame on the ladies for having so much control over these poor men!

  12. #132
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    poor helpless men....if they could only use their big heads more often

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Hmmm... well, apparently the ladies do have all the power!
    It seems a lot of folks don't expect a man to NOT be led around by his privates.

    Shame on the ladies for having so much control over these poor men!

  13. #133
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    ^^ AMEN to that!!

  14. #134
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Kingcap: If you're too thick to get it, then I give up. I've already tried TWICE to explain to you that your initial assertion was just plain wrong.

  15. #135
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Kingcap: If you're too thick to get it, then I give up. I've already tried TWICE to explain to you that your initial assertion was just plain wrong.
    You know, the fact that you keep harping on this, and then when you don't get your way you resort to childish name-calling, only means that you have some serious growing up to do, and I don't have time to baby-sit.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Angelina Jolie's breasts NSFW
    By DitaPage* in forum Breast Augmentation
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: September 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
  2. Angelina Jolie's mom dies
    By Cate in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: January 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM
  3. Angelina Jolie's new clothes
    By SuperHeroTights in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 19th, 2007, 12:47 AM
  4. Angelina Jolie's Got Perspective
    By heart_leigh in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: July 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM
  5. Angelina Jolie's due date?
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 25th, 2006, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •