Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary J. Blige tells PETA to step off.

Default Re: Mary J. Blige tells PETA to step off.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    Not only that, PB, but there were several people with Octo's viewpoint at the beginning of the thread, so there were several people arguing both sides. I can't help it that all of them but Octo dropped it. I disagree that anyone was "ganged up on".

And, yes, its a very emotional issue for many people and with good reason. I don't think your post, Lennon, was meant for anything else but to start it up again.
    No, I'm just telling the truth. I've read various threads like this, not saying anything because I don't have the accepted lifestyle/beliefs and now I just decided to say it like it is instead of skulking away. I don't see how this is any different from stating my beliefs (to the other poster). This is what I do; it reflects my beliefs.

Would Lennon be appalled? Well, I'm still a fan of his music despite the fact that he beat his first wife and Yoko and was pretty much a notorious asshole, so maybe he'd call it even. I appreciate the fact that he made an attempt to put out a good message, despite not living up to his own ideals, but I prefer his more personal music to his preaching.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    Darn I liked ya better before you got all this off your chest.
    Sorry to hear it. But you're entitled to your opinion.

People have to make their own choices about eating meat, wearing leather, etc. But I fail to understand an industry that makes its living on cruel, painful treatment of living things just to appeal to vanity. I have made my decisions, too, and I have decided fur wearing is way to cruel for me. If anyone else can deal with wearing the skin of animals that were killed like that, for a stupid reason, so be it.
    Keep passing the open windows.

That is right, Tiki, I had forgotten about that. I have a hard time understanding how someone could be a pet owner but still be a party to another animal (granted, probably not a pet) being skinned alive, beaten to death, or anally electrocuted. I have 10 cats, their fur is beautiful, they would make a wonderful coat. If someone tries it, I will kill them. But I guess it is ok to use these other animals because they are not pets.
    Keep passing the open windows.

I actually sampled dog cuisine while I was in Korea. True story. Cultural differences and a host who was hoping to shock an American. Tried roasted silkworms too and snake soup.

Well, in China a lot of them are someone's pets. There have been many scandals there involving citizens whose pets have been stolen. In some cases they have actually gone to restaurants and seen their pets caged so that someone could pick them out for their dinner! And there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    Boy aren't you something special?? I certainly hope you're proud of yourself. That's a real achievement.
    Just telling the truth. Sorry you don't like it. There are people who still eat dog there, what can I say. I wasn't going to give my host attitude about his customs just because I have dogs as pets.

Quote Originally Posted by lennonfan
    I actually sampled dog cuisine while I was in Korea. True story. Cultural differences and a host who was hoping to shock an American. Tried roasted silkworms too and snake soup.
    I am not in the least surprised. A friend of mine went to China and came back with so many stories, they actually eat, dogs, snakes and even lizards. We here in America live in a bubble, such that we can't see beyond what we are comfortable with. These are Chineese delicacies as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    Well, in China a lot of them are someone's pets. There have been many scandals there involving citizens whose pets have been stolen. In some cases they have actually gone to restaurants and seen their pets caged so that someone could pick them out for their dinner! And there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it.
    In reference to that, check this out........ I thought it was hilarious, if that makes me an animal hater..........I guess I can't help it.

Tigers are pretty much extinct in China -- something like 80 left -- because they are a delicacy there, too. But by your logic Octopussy, that makes it OK, right?

^^^ Oh my goodness.............WHERE IN GOD'S NAME PACIFIC DID I SAY IT IS OKAY BECAUSE IT IS THEIR DELICACY. I never said it was okay, I am just saying that it is very okay to them. It might actually be infact a way of life for them. The same way we over here eat Pork and order say "pork chops", guess what, if you went to an Islamic country, they would not consider it okay. Just to reverse your statement to reflect a muslims'

"So you eat Pork. Going by your own logic, does that make it okay????"

I am not even going to argue about this whole thing again, but it'd be nice if some of us actually put ourselves in other people's shoes, and consider other cultures beliefs etc, before running our mouths in self-righteousness.

And yes, Tiki, you might have seen it circulated over and over, I just thought it would work best with Pacific's post. Like imagine if one of the people had lost their dogs, that's what the poster would look like.

I didn't realize a lot of people take things so personally on here. I'm going to take a break.............Later!!!!!!!

Just to clarify... you're sorry I don't like it or GLAD I don't like it?? Seems like you're trying to piss people off.

Hilarious, by the way, Octopussy.

If anybody is trying to be offensive, don't waste your time. Most animal lovers are well aware of the horrible things that happen to animals daily so you're not exactly shocking anybody.

I guess I'm sorry you can't stand someone who doesn't fall in with your beliefs. Everything I said is simply the truth. Certainly I never took any actions praying that I would piss people on a gossip board off ten years later.

^^^ Geez, someone's got an attitude. Just an advise for you, try to step outside your comfort zone once in a while, not EVERYONE shares your beliefs, however personal they may be to you, so don't always take things too personally........Open your Mind.

Ciao...........I need to get back to dissing on celebs I don't like anyhoo

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

I'm an animal lover and I thank God for Peta and any other organization that protects animals! The thought of animals being skinned alive so people can wear fur sickens me.
    How You Durrin ?

Instant karma's gonna get you, right Lennonfan???? I don't know about you but I certainly take that song's meaning to heart. And I guess that gives me comfort!!!
    I guess me and a couple billion other meat-eating people will be watching out for that. "God" is my favorite song, btw.

Gold Member

You know I don't have a fur or anything but I would not mind faux. They, to me, look just as good as the real thing.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information