Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily Allen: "Americans are backward"

"I can't really speak for the American population I can't even speak for myself, I'll just say what most people say to be politically-correct these days!- I'm so far away from anything they are and stand for." I'm also so far away from truth I wouldn't know if it bit me on the butt

BITCH!!!

Do Americans even know who she is? We know because of the gossip boards. Outside of that, I doubt many Americans know or care what she thinks. Do people buy her music in England?

Well she can forget about breaking into the American music market after those uneducated and rude remarks. Why did she bother playing in America if she dislikes the country - does she seriously think the public will buy her albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yes!

Lily Allen is just a small-minded, ill-educated, ego-centric, media-whore!!!!
    And imagine talking about somewhere you are going, like you know what it's like? I suggest you guy stop buying her records (PLEASE!!!!). The sooner this nasty little wart on the face of humanity goes away the better!
    her record's good though. who cares what she says? all i care is that her music is better than the awful crap that sells these days and i'd rather have that playing everywhere than more godawful rn'b crap. i doubt it will really be popular in america though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    what an ignorant cunty chav. To slag off Texans while in AUSTIN for sxsw is particularly laughable, as Austin has one of the most highly educated and progressive communities in North America. Getting sick and tired of the superior English attitude when they have a lower quality of life than we do here....I married a Brit, have traveled extensively in the UK, and let me tell you....the majority of that country consists of undereducated, lower class, backwards fuckwits as much as is the case in America.
    LOL this sounds familiar. Next we'll have the infamous 'teeth' pic.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    3) She's an emaciated cokehead

She may be a cokehead but she's far from emaciated. I do agree with 1) and 2) on Lobe's list though-she's got the reputation for being outspoken and causing a scandal after her 'gak' comment, so I think she has to keep it up now, for the publicity. Besides-you know if you bash Americans *everyone* is going to talk about it, if only to slag her off. Still makes her more infamous, and gets her music out to more people.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

I don't know who this "lovely" woman is . . . but she's really cool to judge a country of 300million ppl in one generalization.

She should hang out with fishsticks Paltrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    her record's good though. who cares what she says? all i care is that her music is better than the awful crap that sells these days and i'd rather have that playing everywhere than more godawful rn'b crap. i doubt it will really be popular in america though.
    I'm definitely thinking of buying her album, I enjoyed the songs I've heard so far.

Slamming america is really original these days. I think its a full time hobby for a lot of the world.

I slam America sometimes, too, but then I'm an American. But it pisses me off when ignorant tards like Lily Allen come over here and bash my country. She probably met a few Bush-lovin' rednecks in Texas, and immediately concluded that ALL Americans are Bush-lovin'rednecks. She lacks perspective, and her idiotic pronouncements prove that "opinions are like assholes;everyone's got one!"

I've listened to a few of her songs, and her music's OK, probably a little better than the other tripe that clogs the airwaves these days, but she's not gonna change the world with her tunes. Joni Mitchell or Tori Amos she is not. If she were a major talent, I would probably be more tolerant of her outspokenness. Since her talent is only marginal, she comes off as an arrogant loudmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I slam America sometimes, too, but then I'm an American. But it pisses me off when ignorant tards like Lily Allen come over here and bash my country. She probably met a few Bush-lovin' rednecks in Texas, and immediately concluded that ALL Americans are Bush-lovin'rednecks. She lacks perspective, and her idiotic pronouncements prove that "opinions are like assholes;everyone's got one!"
    I think that part of the problem here in the UK is that our perceptions of America come from the TV, and on the news, etc. we only tend to see these very right-wing Americans banging on with the pro-Bush line, or else rednecked hicks held up for us to laugh at. Decent portrayals of Americans are few and far between...that's one of the things I like about this board - that I can hear a plethora of reasonable viewpoints from the USA (and other countries!). I'd say that other reasons exist for the abuse Americans get from the English (superiority complexes, decades of propaganda, post-PC values etc), but IMO that's why it's so prevalent at the moment.
    ..Got 25 channels of white noise evil buzzing in my head..

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

4) and she has major cankles!!!!

I've noticed that a few British celebrities always have something to say negative about americans. Do the Brits really put themselves above everyone else?
    I think some of them are still miffed about having their asses handed to them by the colonials.

If Americans are so backward, she should stay home.

Now, before my British compadres attack me, I am not condoning the ethnocentric views by anyone. If an American celebrity made a rude comment about the UK, I would call them an a$$ also.

As an American, the preconceived notions others have about me are hurtful. Some think they are complimenting me when saying, " You are not as racist as we thought you would be. You are not as ignorant as we thought you would be due to your southern drawl. You are not greedy, egomaniacal, or suffering from delusions of grandeur."

The media, even in the US, only focuses on the extremes. The 95 percent of the country that live in the boring "mainstream of normalcy" do not create ratings. Many of the cultures and subcultures are depicted in unrealistic and unflattering manners. Inner city, thug, barrio, redneck, hippie, and any lifestyle that does not match the one, which breeds those such as the President, are presented negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    If Americans are so backward, she should stay home.
    But what you say makes perfect sense to me. Why go somewhere where you don't like the people/place/culture/etc. The only thing she will like about the US is your coke..... oh & any income derived from you guys buying her records.... which I'm sure she'll not refuse!

Sorry I didn't mean any offense by that- I just mean generally speaking, from what I've seen- Texans like Bush.......but that doesn't mean every one does lol.....I was making a broad generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh yeah, New York City girly. You would know.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information