Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Katie Holmes' playdate with her 'mini-me' daughter

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by litupgirl View Post
    Hate the parents that can't discipline their child I say. It's not the child's fault their parents are fucking morons who can't instill in them how to behave in public. I'm so tired of all these "time out" parents I could fucking scream. When I was young I got my leg popped if I acted up and that straightened my ass up real quick. I'm preggers now and my kid will behave or else. If someone threatens child services on me then I'll beat their ass too or just give them an earful about what a fucking moron they are. I will not take a young child to a theater until they are at least 5 and it will only be to a child's movie. If they act up then we'll procede to the car where i beat their ass (not in a abusive way) and we leave. If I take them to a restaurant it will be to a "family" restaurant. If they act up we will procede to the car where I beat there ass (not in a abusive way) and then we will order our food to go and leave. Time out is a waste of time iMO and so are the dumbass parents who believe in it.
    Amen to that!

I'm also preggers and I'll tell you what, my husband and I have a prime example of how NOT to raise our child. His two nephews are HELLIONS. And of course, their parents allow their children to walk all over them. I've seen them apologize for putting one of the boys in time out!! It's pathetic! They scream and run around and disrespect their elders. It's sad. They don't come and spend the night with us anymore because they don't mind and they don't listen. My husband's brother is the "disciplinarian" and when he yells at them, they laugh in his face. Anytime we go and visit, I swear my bloodpressure goes through the roof and by the time we leave, I just have to take a huge breath (Not to mention a huge sigh of relief).

Anyway, that subject pisses me off so much, and I can go on all day about it, but I'll stop there

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I agree. I see the same thing with kids and the lack of parents tearing their asses up and it's really turned me off of kids all together.
    HAHA!! I'm a mom and I totally agree with you.

All kids are going to act up in public at some point, and it's up to the parents to handle it. Sometimes the parents just can't win though-- there are people out there who give you the evil eye when your kids acts bratty, then other folks who give you the evil eye for trying to discipline them.

Once my (then) 4 year old son was being a major brat in the store so I threatened to take him to the bathroom and tear his hiney UP. Some nosy lady had the nerve to tell me I should be ashamed of myself!! I was already extremely aggravated, so I looked at her and said, "Oh okay, I'll just let him do whatever he wants so in 10 years he'll think it's okay to come break in your house and steal your car!" She looked at me like I was insane, but DAMN people just need to butt out!

Time outs have never worked with my kids, I prefer a good old-fashioned hickory switch. A few switches around the shins and ankles and they will think twice the next time they try to sass you. It does no permanent or serious damage, but it gets the message across real quick. The beauty of it is is that once they've been familiarized with the sting of that switch, it seldom has to be used. I can just pull it out and show it to them and they straighten up stat.

I love my kids to pieces and hate when I have to punish them. That's my job though, it does them NO favors to allow them to act like little shits.

Congratulations to all you expectant mommies out there!! It's not an easy job, but I promise you it's worth it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Inside scoop on these pix:

The Cruises called the paparazzi so that they can take the pictures. Katie came in a van, got out, walked ten steps with Suri, got in the van and sped off. LOL. Now it looks as if she played there all day.

I'm in Berlin right now and both Brad Pitt and the Cruises are here. Funny.
    It doesn't surprise they did this. Katie doesn't even look ready to play for a one year old in the park. The photos look like PR shots.

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think the kid looks like Tom...or a good combo of both of them. Of course, they are starting to look alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    And Suri is cute. Rip me to shreds if you must but I believe she is genetically Tiny Tom and Katie's bio daughter. Petrie dishes were involved, but still, I think she's their spawn.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomlyCrazy View Post
    picture from people. Suri needs a haircut but she's cute.
    Me too. And she's obviously happy, alert, well-cared for and bonded with Katie. Such a difference from some celebrity babies I could mention...sadly.

By the way, that is NOT a wedge haircut, a la Dorothy Hamill. It's more of a 20's style bob a la Louise Brooks, and I think it's rather cute. Plus, it flatters a little heart-shaped face like Suri's. In fact...her haircut is WAY more pleasing than Katie's. Eurgh.

The pants are okay by me...because Katie's very tall and can therefore carry them. Plus, they make her disproportionately short legs look really long. And they're not gaudy.

Yeah, I think Suri's really, genetically their kid. But I agree with the poster who mentioned petrie dishes. Either that, or a lot of "eyes closed frantically fantasizing about Brad Pitt" for Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    These pixs look ridiculous. How many mommies play with their kids all dressed up and in heels. I hope one day the paps catch her falling on her ass in these staged shots.
    Did you read the first post?

He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I must be the only one who finds Suri not cute then?

Katie is getting REALLY thin, Tom is probably bullying her

Why is she dressing like some 50 year-old socialite? She looks ridiculous. As for the kid, I am not a fan of children, so there charm is lost on me.

She looks like a lesbian.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Suri is just the cutest little bugger.
    I have no kids and don't really enjoy being near them but I have to say, Suri is adorable (from a distance)

Honey ... I don't think Suri is cute either. I never have.

Chilly Willy ... that's a wee bit insulting [to lesbians].

I think it's rather sad that Katie will drag her kid to a stupid boring fashion party, but she won't spend time playing with her in the park unless it's a planned photo op. I'm starting to think the only reason TomThumb even bothers going to his kids' soccer games is so he'll get his picture taken and look like a great parent.

^^ Yep!!

And then there's all these so-called 'experts' that reckon that just because Nicole is never photographed with Isobella or Connor, she doesn't care about them. Can't have it both ways people!!

Suri's cute, her hair is so pretty and thick they should let it grow long.

As for mama, she is looking rough. The ugly outfits, awful haircut, and lack of ass age her way beyond her years.
    I've always thought Katie resembled Diane Keaton in some way. Not that Diane looks bad or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Inside scoop on these pix:

The Cruises called the paparazzi so that they can take the pictures. Katie came in a van, got out, walked ten steps with Suri, got in the van and sped off. LOL. Now it looks as if she played there all day.

I'm in Berlin right now and both Brad Pitt and the Cruises are here. Funny.
    Now that is sad and that p****s me off that a celeb will use their kids for publicity purposes. Afterall their children don't choose to be famous...

Makes you realise that all the celeb kids who are semi-famous are the one's whose parents call the paps for photo opportunities...

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Honey ... I don't think Suri is cute either. I never have.
    GOOD! Glad I'm not alone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information