Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston's nude scene from The Breakup released *NSFW* picture

I used to think she was really pretty, back when she had a few more pounds on her. Her face looked softer. Plus, the layered haircut was more flattering. The long straight style she's had for so long just makes her chin look bigger.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    She didn't brand herself as beautiful. That's the media for you. I know many people do find her very attractive, and some who don't but whats the problem if the media decide to hype her as beautiful? She doesn't seem to hype herself up in that way, or even have that high opinion of herself from what I've seen, so how can she determine the way the media present her? I suppose its interesting the way we all have different opinions of what and isn't attractive. It seems to make the world a better (or is that bitter?!) place and more interesting place to live
    I don't know if she didn't wholeheartedly go along with the promotion of her being beautiful. I really don't even have *that* big of an issue with the lie that Jennifer Aniston is beautiful. The media does spin things like that all the time. My biggest issue is the lie that Jennifer Aniston can act. Now that's a whopper!

If the media starting saying you were beautiful, you would probably begin to believe it and 'go along with it' yes. Seriously, who would say 'God, no, its not true, I'm not pretty at all'. If people tell you one thing enough times you do start to believe it, but she's never struck me as egotistical or self-indulgent. In fact wasn't one of Brad's issues with her the fact that she was so insecure about her looks, and was convinced he would run off with someone else, which I guess she was right about in the end!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Where is it written that a celebrity or an actress (or both) has to be absolutely gorgeous and perfectly chiseled in order to be famous, wealthy, getting work, having fans?? What is this obsession with bashing Jennifer Aniston because she's not perfect. It's extremely annoying. We all know these people are average IRL.

I have seen her come out along with others and say about magazine covers: that's not me. that's not us. We don't look like that IRL. She's never claimed to be perfect. The media makes her into a caricature and a large portion of the masses buy into it. I'm disgusted with the whole mess. The woman has endured a lot of shit that she didn't even start. Yes, I know that it's rumored she's a bitch behind the scenes. Well, wouldn't you be if you had all eyes and all that pressure on you and all that untrue bullshit and unnecessary criticism written about you?

I'll bet we don't know the half of what she's experienced. It's not easy to be the (in my view undeserved) whipping post poster girl for people's issues and corporate dollars (that she'll never get a percentage of).

I think the woman is holding up pretty damn well considering all of the above.

I think that was incredibly well said Mira, and exactly how I feel too. She obviously takes care of herself, drags a brush through her hair every day (take note Britney) and always looks clean, tidy and well presented but there is such unfounded hate directed towards her appearance that I will never ever understand.

If the media starting saying you were beautiful, you would probably begin to believe it and 'go along with it' yes. Seriously, who would say 'God, no, its not true, I'm not pretty at all'. If people tell you one thing enough times you do start to believe it, but she's never struck me as egotistical or self-indulgent. In fact wasn't one of Brad's issues with her the fact that she was so insecure about her looks, and was convinced he would run off with someone else, which I guess she was right about in the end!
    I agree with you. It probably was more the media and less Aniston. However, I think over time, she did buy into the whole hype. Like you wrote, she was/is very insecure about her looks. But she also was very, very high maintenance about it as well. From what I've read, (grain of salt) Brad became sick of her obsessive dieting and fretting over the way she looked. Who knows though?

As I wrote previously, my issue with her is more that she's now being touted as some great movie actress and she can't deliver. Because of her Brad connection she's been given opportunities that I don't think she's shown she deserves. Through him she's had more than the one shot at the silver screen like the other Friends did. I guess that the basis for my dislike of her. She's always presented as something she's not. A great beauty and a great movie actress. If not for the Brad factor, she would be on a sitcom as we speak. Where, imo, she belongs.

We all have our Stars We Have Issues With. I shall go post in that thread right now!

I'm not sure about her acting talent. I always loved her in FRIENDS, and not just because of the program itself, but because I thought she had great comedy timing, but I can see how she plays very similar roles in each film she acts in. She is probably slightly typecast from appearing in FRIENDS for so long, but I still like her.

It's all good! I like Rosie O'Donell. I take a beating defending her at another board!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post

seeing that face just made me realize; i need to take a dump.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She probably felt like she needed one, being on display like that on the set. Not every celebrity is an exhibitionist!

Eugh, I can't think of anything worse than having to walk around naked in front of a room full of people, for any amount of money!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    seeing that face just made me realize; i need to take a dump.
    Hehehee! Alice I heart you!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i will admit though that her tatas looks rather good for someone her age and wieght loss and all those other factors.

*god that was so hard to compliment her!*

Meh, its just Jennifer Aniston so I don't want to argue, but her profession is an actress, not a supermodel. I just feel its one thing so pull apart somebody based on their dress sense, but another entirely to have a go at someone's actual bone structure. What the hell should she do about that?
    Hide behind her hair. Oh wait..

She's a celebrity, she's cast in leading lady roles & she was married to a particularly gorgeous male celebrity. All of those factors contribute to why people discuss her looks. It's just gonna happen.

As for comments being unfair (like about her bone structure), well, it happens to ALL of us but because she's famous, it just happens to her MORE. Thing is, her massive bank account (which exists in good part due to her looks) must be *some* consolation.

As long as any celebrity chooses to remain in the public eye by being in high profile movies & projects, and as long as they are ridiculously overcompensated like they are, I have very little sympathy for any criticism they have to endure. Right or wrong, it's part of the job description of any rich celeb.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information