Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gillian Anderson regrets X-Files and says it was incestuous

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Wow, I wish she hadn't said that stuff. Here's one; I work with my psychotic mother and she threatens my employment constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Bleak House is a fantastic book - but it would be a prick to study. Much like The Great Gatsby, which we were laden with, classic book but impenetrable to 16 year olds!

BH is Dickens at his best - insightful, good story, excellent commentary on the failings of the justice system and the courts of equity.... and plenty of law nerd opportunities to find the in-jokes hilarious!

BBC did a series of BH last year or the year before (Aussie TV got it last year) and it was one of ABC's big shows last year.
    Oh, I've gotten through "boring" classics before (in fact, I loved the Great Gatsby, actually.) But I didn't appreciate how Dickens wanted to drive the point home about how endless, boring, torturous exercise in waste-of-time-and-paper cases move through the inefficient judicial system by making the actual book itself endless, boring, torturous exercise in waste-of-time-and-paper. He could have done it just as effectively another way. But I digress, this probably belongs in the book discussion thread...

You have to admit, though, that the pay discrepancies between men and women in Hollywood (of equal or women > men ability) are pretty disgusting.

Ach shut up Anderson, that show was wicked and you were lucky to be a part of it.

It made an otherwise plain woman into an international sex symbol! She seems to forget this, now that she wants to just do things like Bleak House.

Bitch.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by tofucheesecake View Post
    You have to admit, though, that the pay discrepancies between men and women in Hollywood (of equal or women > men ability) are pretty disgusting.
    Not only in Hollywood, but everywhere.

And Gilian, shut the fuck up, ungrateful bitch.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

If it was so bad, you shoulda quit. That would make this whole "woe-is-me" game much more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The fact that he made more money was definately true and she made a huge stink about it back then.

When they started on The X-Files, she was a nobody and had done literally nothing on television and precious little in movies. Duchovny wasn't well known, but he did at least know how to hit a mark. He was offered more money in his initial contract than she was and whatever she was offered, she accepted. A few years later, she was upset and dissatisfied and made comments about it in the press that came off as very bitchy towards Duchovny, who fired back with perhaps she should blame herself or her people for not negotiating for her better.

Most of these comments she makes now about she had to stay on with the show for seasons 8 and 9 stem from her whining back then about how she was "forced" to agree to those seasons in order to get the money she obviously so richly deserved.

And for what it's worth, it's highly, extremely, extraordinarily unlikely a second X-Files movie will ever be made. It's been 5 years since the show ended, 9 years since the first movie, and they drove the whole franchise in the ground in the end with some ridiculous, stupid plots. Anderson should hope they do for her own sake, though.

Thanks for the info, Laurent!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

I am still wondering about the incestuous remark? Exactly what does that mean? You know, maybe I do not need to know.
    i think she means being on a small set with the same people that long became incestuous in that you are living in each other's pockets (maybe screwing eachother).

as far as reprising her role in the movie, i'm sure the producers are going to be thrilled to read this.

Anyways! Gillian. Who gives a rats ass about this beeyotch anyway, I seriously have not seen her in anything for close to 10 years. Plus I am Canadian, that dumb twat!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

What a BITCH! Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

I hate it when former genre show actors suddenly start ragging on the show they owe their fame to.

I am so mad at her but at the same time I can't help but love her. The x-files is my second favorite show of all time (no show can top I Love Lucy), I would have killed to play Scully for free. I love that show, I love her, the fact that she is a redhead, and I love aliens, zombies, monsters, etc. I daydream/fantasize about that show all the time. So many people love her because of that show I can't believe she has the nerve to say that.
    Heartbreaking. And I hope to God there is another x-files movie someday. Before I die.

Silver Member

If she hated the role so much why is she signing on for another X-Files movie? I hate when celebs bitch about something like this. She was making A LOT of money for many years on a HIT show. Maybe she should trade places with an unemployed and broke actor to she if she likes it better...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

she's looney toons man!

I agree about the male vs. female pay scale inequities....everywhere. Not just Hollywood. Bleah. However, Gillian's comments about X-Files are pretty ridiculous.

Eh, Gillian's well known for being an angry, not-infrequently-drunken, unstable, relationship-hopping nutter who also can't seem to decide if she's gay/straight/bi/alien sex slave or what. And apparently she's a very...um...erratic mother, too, though I don't think anyone can beat Britney at that game.

I still remember with dark amusement the story about Anderson imbibing a few too many cocktails on some transatlantic flight a while back. Apparently she ran amuck and attacked another passenger.

All that said, I still dig her. Can't help it for some reason. And she was great in Bleak House, also that little indie flick she did right after X-Files ended, can't remember the name--House of Mirth maybe? She does have talent, too bad she's so crazy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information