Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 563
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Britney Spears shaves off all of her hair

  1. #121
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    You cannot just 'commit' someone willy nilly. You can have someone detained for 72 hours for a psych eval.- if they are deemed to be an imminent physical threat to themselves or someone else She has not done anything to warrant that. She needs to commit herself at this point or show she is an imminent danger to herself or others.
    Exactly. It's actually quite difficult to commit a person, thankfully.

    Also shaving one's head is not always a cry for help. People do it all the time, for a variety of people. I do believe that she's depressed and has compounded this with drugs and drinking. But Britney does almost everything for attention, postive or negative. If she was in such a dark spiral, she'd be shaving her head in the privacy of her home. Not in front of a million paparazzi.

    She needs help no doubt. But until she wants it, she won't get it.

  2. #122
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Shaving your head doesn't mean you're crazy. I told you guys about my friend who shaved her head when she was plastered. The chick liked to drink, and she may have had some issues, but she was not certifiable. A girl who lived across the hall from me in my dorm my freshman year of college also shaved her head. The reason: she was freaked out about her parents' divorce. She was no candidate for the looney bin.

    I'm not a Britney hater; I just don't have sympathy for her. Since splitting up with Kfed, she's tried to act like she's 18 again, though I must say I don't think all 18-year-olds party as much as Britney does. She's a terrible mother and she should be ashamed of herself.

  3. #123
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I'm to the point that I am so sick of her and her self-induced drama, that I could really give two shits less what happens to her.
    ME TOO!!!

  4. #124
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    You know, I think this may have something to do with Kevin. I've always felt that he had some kind of control over her, like emotionally manipulative. Wonder if he called her on Valentine's Day and said something that precipitated this breakdown? She's already dumb as a rock and hurt by Kevin, it probably wouldn't take much to push her over the edge, and I bet Kevin knows exactly what to say to do it.

    I once dated a guy like that, he knew what my vulnerabilities were and how to push my buttons. I see a lot of the same in Kevin.

  5. #125
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Hopefully before she does a ANS, a few neurotransmitters might spark within that peabrain of hers and she will realize that she needs help, and she will seek it. Until then I am going to enjoy her public trainwreck. *puts the popcorn in the microwave*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

  6. #126
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,484

    Default

    Maybe she shaved her head b/c her hair was fried. Maybe she had head lice. Who knows, but I don't think it's necessarily a sign of insanity.

    Not saying that she doesn't have loads of problems, but the head shaving thing is really nothing compared to the rest of her mess. .

  7. #127
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    44,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    You cannot just 'commit' someone willy nilly. You can have someone detained for 72 hours for a psych eval.- if they are deemed to be an imminent physical threat to themselves or someone else She has not done anything to warrant that. She needs to commit herself at this point or show she is an imminent danger to herself or others.
    Thanks Sojiltia
    I was trying to say that her behaviour (in some circles) denotes current mental health issues.
    Hair cutting is a common externalisation.
    If she is hair cutting she maybe selfharming too; either by specifics (i.e. cutting - but there has been no evidence of this) or by her drug use & lack or personal care (shown in photos of her without looking like she's washed her hair / combed it / changed her clothes, etc).
    Mental breakdowns take different formats depending on the situation & the person. Taken as a whole, (from what I have seen in the media) I personally believe that she is at a point where she will be an imminent danger to herself.

    And therefore I believe that there are grounds to commit her due to this.
    I would not say this if I hadn't seen what I have seen in the media about her recently.

    I personally wish her well (as in wish her full mental wellness) because she has two children that depend totally on her (whether she has nannies or not) and who look to her for the comfort and wellbeing.

  8. #128
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    You know, I think this may have something to do with Kevin. I've always felt that he had some kind of control over her, like emotionally manipulative. Wonder if he called her on Valentine's Day and said something that precipitated this breakdown? She's already dumb as a rock and hurt by Kevin, it probably wouldn't take much to push her over the edge, and I bet Kevin knows exactly what to say to do it.

    I once dated a guy like that, he knew what my vulnerabilities were and how to push my buttons. I see a lot of the same in Kevin.

    I was thinking the same thing in another thread. Maybe the picture of Justin and Kevin laughing pushed her over the edge. People said that they were laughing at her.

    It must be hard to go from golden pop star to what she's become. But as others have said, she did it to herself.

  9. #129
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Britney has every kind of help available to her. The fact that she refuses to take it, and seems to have forgotten her responsibilities to the children she brought into the world, make her a pathetic and not very sympathetic person. I would feel a lot more sorry for her if she were like the majority of people with an abusive soon-to-be-ex-husband struggling to make ends meet. Instead, she plays victim for the cameras when she should be in the rehab she recently fled after one whole day.

  10. #130
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thanks Sojiltia
    I was trying to say that her behaviour (in some circles) denotes current mental health issues.
    Hair cutting is a common externalisation.
    If she is hair cutting she maybe selfharming too; either by specifics (i.e. cutting - but there has been no evidence of this) or by her drug use & lack or personal care (shown in photos of her without looking like she's washed her hair / combed it / changed her clothes, etc).
    Mental breakdowns take different formats depending on the situation & the person. Taken as a whole, (from what I have seen in the media) I personally believe that she is at a point where she will be an imminent danger to herself.

    And therefore I believe that there are grounds to commit her due to this.
    I would not say this if I hadn't seen what I have seen in the media about her recently.

    I personally wish her well (as in wish her full mental wellness) because she has two children that depend totally on her (whether she has nannies or not) and who look to her for the comfort and wellbeing.
    I guess if there are people on the inside who have more info on self-harmful behavior then they could petition the courts for a psych eval. I do not think she is at that point yet from what we have seen. She really just needs to get a clue and straighten up, or realize that she needs help, and seeks it. Especially since she has two small kids who need their mom(even if their mom is a twit). Maybe she can learn some parenting skills as well.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

  11. #131
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thanks Sojiltia
    I was trying to say that her behaviour (in some circles) denotes current mental health issues.
    Hair cutting is a common externalisation.
    If she is hair cutting she maybe selfharming too; either by specifics (i.e. cutting - but there has been no evidence of this) or by her drug use & lack or personal care (shown in photos of her without looking like she's washed her hair / combed it / changed her clothes, etc).
    Mental breakdowns take different formats depending on the situation & the person. Taken as a whole, (from what I have seen in the media) I personally believe that she is at a point where she will be an imminent danger to herself.

    And therefore I believe that there are grounds to commit her due to this.
    I have to completely disagree with this. Sure, she obviously has emotional issues. I can agree giving Kevin temporary custody. But I don't think anything she's done warrants her being put in a psych ward.

  12. #132
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,484

    Default

    As far as I know a person must threaten or attempt to harm their self or someone else in order to be committed.

  13. #133
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    I had a thought last night after reading this thread...

    Maybe she doesn't want custody of her kids.
    She's been partying so much everyone knows/assumes she's not the one taking care of them, it's her nannies.

    And Kevin seems like the one taking the high road, he's still partying around but not as much as Brit, he doesn't get drunk, drugged out and make a scene, he doesn't expose his genitalia etc etc.

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  14. #134
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    In all likelihood, the head-shaving is just a "Feel Sorry for Me" gesture.

  15. #135
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I had a thought last night after reading this thread...

    Maybe she doesn't want custody of her kids.
    She's been partying so much everyone knows/assumes she's not the one taking care of them, it's her nannies.

    And Kevin seems like the one taking the high road, he's still partying around but not as much as Brit, he doesn't get drunk, drugged out and make a scene, he doesn't expose his genitalia etc etc.
    Someone elsewhere wrote that she wants custody of her kids as much as Susan Smith did.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Britney Spears' new rat's nest hair
    By moomies in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
  2. Replies: 89
    Last Post: February 20th, 2007, 07:22 AM
  3. Is it safe for pregnant Britney Spears to dye her hair?
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: October 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
  4. Britney Spears Dyed Hair To Help Image
    By twitchy in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 30th, 2006, 06:39 AM
  5. Britney Spears' stress causing hair loss
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 8th, 2006, 10:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •