Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Britney Spears gives birth

Sutton Pierce Federline, I believe, has been reported by People mag and others.

Elite Member

My aunt is a labor and delivery nurse and she has told me that giving birth is actually very, very traumatic, very dangerous for the body. We take it for granted because it happens all the time but it supposedly is the closest thing to almost dying a woman can feel. That's why so many women in the past died in childbirth. The body goes through a lot of changes during the process...everything is effected...the heart, the lungs, the spine, your other organs. It takes a hell of a lot for the female body to push a baby out and withstand that pain. It prepares for it but it's not easy.

And I don't know if this is true but I have another aunt who had 4 kids. She had her kids in the early 1980's, not too long ago. She had the first two with epidurals and her last two kids she had without anything, totally natural. She said giving birth without drugs was amazing. She said it was the most amazing feeling. She said it hurt like hell, but that you actually feel a sort of 'high' afterwards. She said she didn't feel that with the first two. She said she was numb the first two times but to actually feel a birth is the most amazing thing....is this true for any of you who've had a child with nothing at all? I have a friend who told me the same thing--she said it was the strangest, most exhilarating feeling, to give birth without drugs.

All I can say is thank god for c-sections or I wouldn't be here today. Was in labor for 17 hours pushed for 2 hours but the baby was too high his head was too big to fit in the canal and I had to have an emergency c-section.

Elite Member

I've had two kids and was in labor once (second time was scheduled C-section). The first was an induced labor. Now I have heard that the drugs they give you cause more intense labor (longer contractions and faster together), but on a scale of 1 to 10 of worst pain I've ever felt, I'd give it a 7. Two things I've experienced that were worse than labor pains: Having a root exposed on a tooth when I had a crown put on, and a rotten gall bladder and blocked duct.

I have been told I have an extremely high tolerance for pain.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    All I can say is thank god for c-sections or I wouldn't be here today. Was in labor for 17 hours pushed for 2 hours but the baby was too high his head was too big to fit in the canal and I had to have an emergency c-section.
    A perfect example of when a C section IS necessary. Nobody is saying C sections are bad, they often do save lives. The problem is women who have them for no medical reason at all and just for convenience and/or vanity.

I've given birth twice. The first one was with some pain meds which didn't really work and yes it hurt like hell but not so much that I swore I'd never do it again. It's amazing how you forget the pain almost as soon as it's over. The second was equally painful but I was much more in control because I knew what to expect. The biggest difference was that the first time I was told to lay flat on my back (the WORST position for labour/pushing) and the second time I insisted on standing up right up until the very last moment so gravity helped things along. The docs and nurses didn't like it, but that's too bad. It worked.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

For the record: When I gave birth, I thought I WAS dying. It was that horrific. No drugs (not by choice), baby was 'sunny side up'ie: back labor, pushed for 3 hrs and stuck--the vacuum came out. Oh, the placenta wouldn't come out afterwards. I would have killed for a c-section. I actually begged.
    I agree that if its not warranted, its probably not cool. But there are times its very necessary. In Brits case, probably not necessary.....

Congrats to them!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    My aunt is a labor and delivery nurse and she has told me that giving birth is actually very, very traumatic, very dangerous for the body. We take it for granted because it happens all the time but it supposedly is the closest thing to almost dying a woman can feel. That's why so many women in the past died in childbirth. The body goes through a lot of changes during the process...everything is effected...the heart, the lungs, the spine, your other organs. It takes a hell of a lot for the female body to push a baby out and withstand that pain. It prepares for it but it's not easy.
    I think it depends on the woman and her body. The reason many died in the past was that we did not have the medical technology that we have today. They were not aware of potential problems like breach births in advance. Today we have it made in many aspects. C-sections are great for those who need them. Overall the birthing process is a natural process and I feel it should be done withour surgury if at all possible. I recently show a show about this where a female gyn said she had scheduled all of her own births as c sections because it fit better with her schedule and she didn't want urinary incontinence post birth. She said she encourages many of her patients to do the same. I was shocked. I know she gets paid more and it less of an inconveneice for her but it doesn't sound like she is putting her patients needs first.

Yeah..I understand being scared..shit that is natural but it seems like the retard is taking the easy way out..
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

MrsMarsters, I agree! That's just so lame, scheduling a C-section because she's scared of childbirth pain--duh! Unlike her career, she can't fake her way through this, didn't she stop to think about it before? Take it like a woman, and like soooo many other women before you did. It reinforces my opinion that this twit is ill-prepared for motherhood: she really does seem to have the mentality of a 12 year old.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information