Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Mariane Pearl. I cannot possible IMAGINE what the must have been like. It's possible that she and [insert forbidden annoying corny nickname here] are sympatico and that [insert forbidden annoying corny nickname here] is a nice person.

What I don't quite understand is how she possibly got away with playing an interracial woman without anyone batting an eyelash. It only proves how entitled (and not just in their own minds) the Jolie-Pitts are. It was a great business decision on everyone's part. I'm just amazed that nobody has a problem with it, and we all know that if any other actress--or actor--pulled something like this, we'd never hear the end of it, never.

I should just stay away from these damn threads. I'm going over to make fun of Hilton again.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Am I saying she was not hurt? Having him beheaded, which I do not want to see, was not something that could be reversed. She now has a child on the way and no one to take care of her.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. She would not be the first person to capitalize on a loved ones death and there are many young women who are having fatherless babies due to a little thing called the Iraq war, but no one is going to make a movie about them.

She is not special. She has cultivated this image that is so full of it. Bad things happen and I can feel for someone, but that does not mean I will turn a blind eye to the obvious.
    Her husband's death was front page news around the world. Are you honestly saying that she should have said/done nothing? A lot of the 9/11 families were given a lot of money and many were in the public eye for ages and lauded as heroes themselves. Pearl didn't even get anything from her husband's employer. I guess she should have just crawled off into a corner with her soon-to-be born child and made sure she never, ever mentioned it again.

She wrote a book about her experience -- as a journalist, she is a good writer and had every right to talk about something that a lot of people were interested in -- and the book was optioned. I guess it would have been better if she had said no to the money and gone back to her corner.

Name one person in her position as a journalist and author who would say no to a movie based on their book under those circumstances? I guess we can't all be saints and starve quietly so that someone won't be offended by the fact that her husband was beheaded, the video was distributed around the world, and that she actually had the nerve to write a book from which a movie was made to support herself and her child. Not to mention the fact that her husband's killers remain unpunished and are still active in Pakistan and al Queda under the US ally and dictator there.

And to actually help publicize that movie! It's almost as bad as adopting unwanted children from orphanages, but that's another subject for another day. Or not.

There is nothing stopping any widow as a result of the Iraq War from writing a book and doing the same thing, is there? It's called capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofeve View Post
    Hey, the interracial woman with post secondary education on race and racism wants some popcorn too. Where's the damn emoticon!
    It's in me private collection my dear.

Plain or salt and butter?

^It is called capitalism. She is capitalizing on her husband's death, which I what I said.

I think Maniston should've played Mariane as originally slated.

Default hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    I think Maniston should've played Mariane as originally slated.
    good call. Then we would've been arguing about whether it's insulting for a man to play a biracial woman.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ ZOMG

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    ^It is called capitalism. She is capitalizing on her husband's death, which I what I said.
    And as a journalist and author prior to this incident, she should have NOT wanted to write about the most important thing that ever happened to her in her life that also happened to be an international news event? I don't get it.

What would you suggest? That she never mention it, that she go on welfare, and pretend it never happened? Or is it because of her connection with Jolie and Pitt that you are so hostile toward this woman?

Good God. Anybody in their right mind would feel just as sorry for her as anybody else whose loved one was killed in the line of duty whether or NOT they wrote a book about it. Some of the best literature is written out of these kinds of war and related experiences. I am truly baffled that anyone would consider it a bad thing to actually write about it and earn some money from it into the bargain. It's not like SHE beheaded him in order to do this. THAT would be capitalizing on it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    good call. Then we would've been arguing about whether it's insulting for a man to play a biracial woman.
    LOLZ

@ thread title...

Why is it when people criticize the man, or in his case the bitch-in-the-tour, do the fantards think its hate? .... I totally dont hate Brad, I mean come on he is a perfect houseboy... almost like HKStern to ANS' life amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    She wrote a book about her experience -- as a journalist, she is a good writer and had every right to talk about something that a lot of people were interested in -- and the book was optioned. I guess it would have been better if she had said no to the money and gone back to her corner.

I work in the book industry and generally agree with what pacific breeze wrote. I've known lots of authors who wrote about the loss of a loved one and about war ... it helps them get a handle on their powerful feelings and move on, and it also reminds readers of the real costs of war, in terms of human lives and the effects on families that go through loss.

As far as turning down the movie, I don't know what Ms. Pearl's publishing contract stipulated, but she might not have had the right to turn it down. The book is copyrighted in her name, but as a "work"--that is, a salable product--it is handled by the publisher.

I don't know how many copies of that book were sold, but I can assure you that writing books is no get-rich-quick scheme. The average nonfiction title published in the U.S. sells not all that many copies, and considering the mammoth amount of work involved in writing a manuscript, authors generally have to be motivated by something other than money (unless they're ignorant or one of the tiny percentage of authors who actually make a fortune from book sales).
    Last edited by Shinola; June 20th, 2007 at 08:14 PM.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

OH gimme a break. If there were no money in non fiction books there would be NONE on the shelves. As it is there are plenty. It may not be a get rich scheme as you put it, but there is a profit margin to be had or the book would have never made it to print. And the profit margin is probably escalated when the book is sold as movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And as a journalist and author prior to this incident, she should have NOT wanted to write about the most important thing that ever happened to her in her life that also happened to be an international news event? I don't get it.

What would you suggest? That she never mention it, that she go on welfare, and pretend it never happened? Or is it because of her connection with Jolie and Pitt that you are so hostile toward this woman?

Good God. Anybody in their right mind would feel just as sorry for her as anybody else whose loved one was killed in the line of duty whether or NOT they wrote a book about it. Some of the best literature is written out of these kinds of war and related experiences. I am truly baffled that anyone would consider it a bad thing to actually write about it and earn some money from it into the bargain. It's not like SHE beheaded him in order to do this. THAT would be capitalizing on it and then some.
    Did you read any of my posts or did you just wait for my s/n to appear and go off?

Did I not say I feel for her? Just because I sympathize with someone does not mean I have to agree with what she does? She is totally money grubbing. Yes, she lost her husband. Ok. She is not the only person to have suffered through that.

This woman became famous on her husband's name. That is the bottom line. If you have a problem with those who see this is a woman milking money from the sympathetic, oh boo hoo.

This woman is grabbing every dollar that floats her way. I do not care who it is who is doing this. She is doing the very same thing people did after Anna Nicole died. They were brought to task for using the dead ANS for money, but Pearl is different? Puh-leeze.

If telling the truth is being hostile, this world is totally effed up and I now know why. I am not being hostile. Others are just too soft. She is pimping her dead husband and kid the same way ANS was pimped by everyone after her death.

Gold Member

Default re

I will leave the whole race thing alone. But did anyone think she TOOK on this, not only because this was supposed to be Jennifer project (not to star in but to produce?) and because she wants to WIN a Oscar? She is pratically determined to get a nod for this because she changed her looks. And yes people would demand for their head if it wasnt Angelina, but she gets away with it because she is Brad Pitts new love. If she had no association with him, he wouldnt have hired her.

Yeah he did already screw Thandie Newton. BP has had sex with so many Hollywood chicks its ridiculous. He and AJ are perfect in that regard.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Yup.. I was gonna say the same thing- she took this part hoping to win a Oscar...

..and she's SOOOO not getting one!
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information