Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

I don't see Marianne is a money grub but again I definately see her choosing Jolie for the wider appeal factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I don't see Marianne is a money grub but again I definately see her choosing Jolie on the wider appeal factor.
    No? I didn't before, but after reading about her trying to get money from the 9/11 Victim's fund made me think. Why would she be entitled to that money? Daniel Pearl put himself in a dangerous situation. It was strictly voluntary. I just don't see how she can believe she's in the same situation.

^^Ahh see I have not read much on the story apart from the Jolie stuff so there lies my point she definately gained wider appeal from using Jolie.

I should probably read up more about the issues you are talking about. You can send me the links if you like. I would hate to be uninformed in a Brangelina thread!

eta - that was for picara!

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    Celebrities like Angelina and Brad feel that they have a sense of entitlement. They should get to do what others would be ostracized for. Imus looses his job for a racial slur, but Angelina dons black face and the media doesn't call her on it. Where is Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton on this issue?
    Yes, where is Jackson and Sharpton to voice their opinions? Hmmm... maybe they don't give a shit, either? Maybe they know Jolie playing Pearl isn't why this movie was made - it was made for other more important reasons?

Explain to me how Imus insulting a black womans basketball team can be compared to Jolie playing the role of Pearl???

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"
    On the April 4 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning, host Don Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team, which is comprised of eight African-American and two white players, as "nappy-headed hos" immediately after the show's executive producer, Bernard McGuirk, called the team "hard-core hos." Later, former Imus sports announcer Sid Rosenberg, who was filling in for sportscaster Chris Carlin, said: "The more I look at Rutgers, they look exactly like the [National Basketball Association's] Toronto Raptors."

McGuirk referred to the NCAA women's basketball championship game between Rutgers and Tennessee as a "Spike Lee thing," adding, "The Jigaboos vs. The Wannabees -- that movie that he had." McGuirk was presumably referring to Lee's 1988 film, School Daze (Sony Pictures), though co-host Charles McCord misidentified it as "Do the Right Thing" (Criterion, June 1989).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    I'll drink to that!

Me too!

*clinks Chin and Toxic drinkie*

incidentally, current rotten tomatoes rating for A Mighty Heart: 72% positive.

continue stirring the s***, please.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

^^Ahh see I have not read much on the story apart from the Jolie stuff so there lies my point she definately gained wider appeal from using Jolie.

I should probably read up more about the issues you are talking about. You can send me the links if you like. I would hate to be uninformed in a Brangelina thread!

eta - that was for picara!
    Hahaha, heaven forbid! I didn't know about this either until recently. Some Angelina haters at another board posted it.

Hahaaaaaaaa the forums are truly a wealth of interesting stuff!!!
    You mean other forums fight over this? Well I would of never guessed!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    So now even Marianne Pearl's opinion doesn't count because she is French?! Are you saying Pearl knows no one outside of France?
    Did I say that? No. I said Marianne doesn't understand the dynamics of race in America because she is not American. Had she grown up here instead of France, she may feel differently about Angelina's portryal of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Well then, I am sure when she found out her husband was murdered so savagely (I watched the beheading video) she giggled to herself at the money that could be made from this and walks around every day, all day thinking of the cash flow - with little or no thought to the fact that her husband was killed or the fact that her child was born without a father.
    Am I saying she was not hurt? Having him beheaded, which I do not want to see, was not something that could be reversed. She now has a child on the way and no one to take care of her.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. She would not be the first person to capitalize on a loved ones death and there are many young women who are having fatherless babies due to a little thing called the Iraq war, but no one is going to make a movie about them.

She is not special. She has cultivated this image that is so full of it. Bad things happen and I can feel for someone, but that does not mean I will turn a blind eye to the obvious.

Hahaaaaaaaa the forums are truly a wealth of interesting stuff!!!
    You mean other forums fight over this? Well I would of never guessed!
    I take it you've never perused Female First? It's the Wild West over there. But the truly obsessed are always up to date with the latest gossip. Hahaha.

No I don't think I have looked at FF. I do look at JJ sometimes and I am afraid to say they are a bunch of brown tongues there!

Hey, the interracial woman with post secondary education on race and racism wants some popcorn too. Where's the damn emoticon!

Keep your popcorn. I'm good now.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information