Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

Celebrities like Angelina and Brad feel that they have a sense of entitlement. They should get to do what others would be ostracized for. Imus looses his job for a racial slur, but Angelina dons black face and the media doesn't call her on it. Where is Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    Celebrities like Angelina and Brad feel that they have a sense of entitlement. They should get to do what others would be ostracized for. Imus looses his job for a racial slur, but Angelina dons black face and the media doesn't call her on it. Where is Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton on this issue?
    Haha, where is ole Al, the official Spokesman of all black people? He's probably an Angelina fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It's not about having issues or about black and white being equal. Bottom line, if you are going to make a movie about a real person then it stands to reason that you get someone of the same race and ethnicity to portray that person. Otherwise, how can it be an accurate portrayal?

For example, if you were going to make a movie about John F. Kennedy, would you cast Denzel Washington in the role, or would you cast a white actor in the role? And, yeah, Liz has caught some flack for playing Cleopatra.
    ^Right! Remember the outcry when it was announced JLo would be Sue Ellen Ewing in the Dallas movie?

If this were a fictitious account, I would not care if Tara Reid portrayed Marianne Pearl. To be honest, Marianne is doing nothing more than milking her husband's death.

This is supposed to ba docudrama. If I am watching something that is to document an actual event, the visual accuracy is important. Angelina walking around in blackface with a kinky wig is atrocious. If I whited myself out, put on a long brown wig and Skeletor costume, and called myself Angelina, I would be crucified.

When Liz portrayed Cleo, Hollywood was still whitewashed. Sadly, diversity had not been welcomed to the movie capitol.

When actors play roles they are obviously not like the person they are portraying, but this isn't the point we are making about Angie.
    Angie and Brad think they are exempt from public strutiny and this is another blantant example of this. A white person dressing up in black face and kinky wigs is commonly know to be offensive to Afro-Americans. Brad and Angie are completely insensitive to this.
    When can we all just be freaking Americans? I am so not from Africa. I have never been to Africa. I have just as much native and Euro blood in my veins. This term is ridiculous. We do not call whites Manifest Destiny Americans. Do we refer to Native Americans as Robbed Americans?

I have met Africans and trust me, they did not consider me one of them. I am the epitome of American.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Marianne Pearl obviously wasn't offended, now was she?

And who would matter more than her???
    Again, milking Daniel for every cent. She would not care if brad had portrayed her. Every since this project gained publicity, her career has taken off. If it had not been for this tragedy, no one would know who she was, nor care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I don't see Angelina and Brad or anyone that worked on A Mighty Heart saying the racist comments that Spike Lee makes. He's straight up one of the worst racist around.

Here's some of his comments and such..http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=1990
    Spike would not like me. I am not "pure" and he can see that. I am also not a racist. I know Spike's history and racist rants. I do not need to read them again.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? They are not going to touch this with a ten foot pole. Marianne is of obvious mixed origin. She doesn't count. Racism exists everywhere.

Yes, Imus lost his job for something that is just about as disgusting and insulting as this talentless hack donning Al Jolson gear. I can't wait for Angeline to decide she should portray Sojourner Truth ot Harriet Tubman.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    Ok, Why is Angelina Jolie playing a woman who doesn't resemble her in any way?

i've been making that argument for so damed long...it's the politics....shit i dont kow what it is...but it pisses me off....oh, that's right, it's hubby brad producing.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    It has nothing to do with Angelina on my behalf, Lily. Unlike you, I don't care about Angelina or Brad or Jennifer or anyone else. The only people I LOVE are my friends and family. I do not worship anyone. God, get over it. You and people like you are the ones that bring me to these threads because you act so damn insane over hating these people that you make me want to argue with you just for the fun of it. I don't care if it was President Bush, who I hate, I would still feel the same way because you make it so easy.

Seriously, I think you have said Saint Vagina and St Veingina over 1,000 times. It's not funny. Move on, find something new to call her out on. It's getting corny.

I like Holina myself.

Lily, I agree with you. If anyone else had done this, they'd be hung out to dry. Imagine Scarlett J playing Mariann? Or Keira Knightly. Or almost anyone else. Maybe some of the proven actresses in Hollywood could get away with it (Cate B or Kate W) because of their sheer talent but Angelina is not in their league. She gets a pass because of who she is.

Just to be sure though, are we all in agreement then that Brad is an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I'll drink to that!

Again, milking Daniel for every cent. She would not care if brad had portrayed her. Every since this project gained publicity, her career has taken off. If it had not been for this tragedy, no one would know who she was, nor care.
    I don't think you're the only one who feels that way about Marianne Pearl, RevellingInSane. This is from a poster at CNN:

I dont doubt that those who are inspired by the supposed courage of Mariane have sincerity in their heart. But, honestly, just because she can spin out a well-crafted quote doesnt make her a humanist. She talks a good game, but does she walk the talk? I dont think so. Here is our reality check: she’s made money writing a book called “A Mighty Heart” with her picture plastered under the title; she had an affair with a married man who happened to be a CNN executive; she tried to milk money out of the US government as a 9/11 victim; she made money selling her book to Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston; she blessed Hollywood’s Mother Theresa to play her role in the movie. We need a little perspective here. If she’s too good to be true, she’s too good to be true. She’s using all of our sympathies to create a media myth. And laughing all the way to the bank.
    I guess Marianne and Jolie both have a fondness for married men and phony images.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    Thank you. It amazes me that people don't get this or understand why it's insulting. While I like Marianne Pearl (I've loved her work for Glamour mag) I refuse to see this movie on principle.

Did Brad have George Clooney do his hair???

Marianne Pearl is French. The race dynamics in France are different. Not better, but different. She probably doesn't understand why Americans, particularly black Americans cringe at seeing a white actress portray a person of color. In a perfect world, I would be okay with it. But this isn't perfect world and as long as actresses of color continue to fight for good parts and recognition in the industry, white actresses should show a little solidarity. It's hard for white people to understand racism because it generally isn't part of their daily lives. I don't think Angelina is doing this to be callous. I really think she doesn't know any better. Hopefully, someone will tell her and then she'll know.
    So now even Marianne Pearl's opinion doesn't count because she is French?! Are you saying Pearl knows no one outside of France? I'm sure she discussed this movie and the actress portraying her to many before it was a "done deal". Again, even if the world was upset over it, it was MARIANNE PEARL's life and she was obviously FINE with Jolie in the role. An actress who is white, was perfectly acceptable to Marianne Pearl.

No one had yet to explain to me why their opinions and views are better - or how they are somehow in the "know" over the woman whose life this movie is based on.

...and if this comes down to black actresses not being able to play the part, how many were turned away? How many are standing on the mountains screaming the injustices of the black actress? I have no heard a peep out of anyone. NOT ONE - although, if someone has a news source, I'll love to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Then why didn't Marianne Pearl insist on it?? It's a story of her life.
    Marianne doesn't strike me as a stupid woman so I am going to take an educated guess and say that I think she thought out her candidates very carefully and choose Angelina on the grounds she would cause the most controversy. Therefore gaining wider appeal for her movie. I would never of known about her story if not for the Brangelina's involvement in it.

Just because the book is based on her life, that makes the choice to put an actress in blackface okay? I don't get that reasoning. So what if Marianne Pearl doesn't have a problem with it. Maybe she's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

Well then, I am sure when she found out her husband was murdered so savagely (I watched the beheading video) she giggled to herself at the money that could be made from this and walks around every day, all day thinking of the cash flow - with little or no thought to the fact that her husband was killed or the fact that her child was born without a father.

^^I couldn't have said it better myself. Wow, the hate on here is getting scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I like Holina myself.

Lily, I agree with you. If anyone else had done this, they'd be hung out to dry. Imagine Scarlett J playing Mariann? Or Keira Knightly. Or almost anyone else. Maybe some of the proven actresses in Hollywood could get away with it (Cate B or Kate W) because of their sheer talent but Angelina is not in their league. She gets a pass because of who she is.

ITA with points 2 & 3. But I still like Veinalina granny hands the best. Hideous ropey vein arms must be all the rage on her travels these days. Helps her blend with the locals, you know like the severe weight loss and balding hair.

Ditto! Brad is an idiot.

^^Stop you mean hater! He's just special.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information