Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 348

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

  1. #61
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    I think racism comes in all shapes and forms .. and to me, blackface is one of them.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  2. #62
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,437

    Default

    Forget it. Not worth it. If it were anyone else other than St. Veingina, everyone here would be crucifying them.

    God like a Zippo lighter without any flint holy St. Vagina on a stick

  3. #63
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Forget it. Not worth it. If it were anyone else other than St. Veingina, everyone here would be crucifying them.

    God like a Zippo lighter without any flint holy St. Vagina on a stick
    I couldn't care less who the actress is playing Marianne Pearl.

    I find it incredible that people are whining and complaining about who is playing Marianne Pearl, especially since Pearl is PERFECTLY OK with who played her. SHE'S the only one that matters here - no one else. This is the story of HER life... not mine, not yours or anyone else here - just HERS.

    People need to get off their high horse about what they think is wrong and think about HER.

    There is no racial issue here because MARIANNE PEARL had NO PROBLEM with a WHITE WOMAN playing her.

  4. #64
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,532

    Default

    It has nothing to do with Angelina on my behalf, Lily. Unlike you, I don't care about Angelina or Brad or Jennifer or anyone else. The only people I LOVE are my friends and family. I do not worship anyone. God, get over it. You and people like you are the ones that bring me to these threads because you act so damn insane over hating these people that you make me want to argue with you just for the fun of it. I don't care if it was President Bush, who I hate, I would still feel the same way because you make it so easy.

    Seriously, I think you have said Saint Vagina and St Veingina over 1,000 times. It's not funny. Move on, find something new to call her out on. It's getting corny.

  5. #65
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,509

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    What about the Wayan's playing white girls? Did that offend me? NO.
    I don't let petty crap get to me.

    The Wayans playing white girls was in the script...going undercover and all that....




    I'm off to try to land a part in The Color Purple.....Has anyone seen my brown pancake makeup?

  6. #66
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes Liz did catch hell...

    However in the interest of truth.....Cleopatra was queen of Egypt, but her genetic line was Macedonian....descended from Ptolemy, a General of Alexander the Great ...

    The Ptolemaic dynasty of which she was descended did not intermarry with Africans....they commited
    incest with their sisters (whom they married) to keep the pure Macedonian bloodlines.....real history is way more interesting than fiction
    So, the Ptolemies avoided sleeping with any Africans? Kind of like how the slave owners in America avoided sleeping with the slaves but wanted to keep their bloodlines pure.

    At one point somebody in her family didn't agree with royal incest because Cleopatra was described her as having 'brown, dusky skin' by everyone who ever saw her. Particulary the Romans.

    It's just like when Hannibal and his soldiers were defeated in the Punic Wars and instead of heading back to North Africa manying of them settled in Southern Italy and intermarried with the Italian woman and that's why Sicilians are called the Black Italians because a lot of them have darker complexions due to that mixture of African blood.

  7. #67
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Then there was the time on designing women when suzanne showed up painted darker than usual and:
    Suzanne shows up for their performance in "black face" makeup)
    Julia: Our number is next, and don't you dare come near us.
    Suzanne: Julia, what are you talking about? I have to be with you - I'm a Supreme!
    Julia: I don't give a damn if you're a California raisin. You stay away from us!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  8. #68
    Silver Member tamjo54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    386

    Default

    I personally agree that when race comes to play we have become a hyper-sensitive society. But certain stereotypes are well known. Brad and Angie having their Rainbow Family are very much aware of them. I don't think you can have it both ways. She dresses up in black face and it's okay because it's St. Angelina. The part should have gone to a woman of color. If Brad had any integrity he would have insisted on it.

  9. #69
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    I personally agree that when race comes to play we have become a hyper-sensitive society. But certain stereotypes are well known. Brad and Angie having their Rainbow Family are very much aware of them. I don't think you can have it both ways. She dresses up in black face and it's okay because it's St. Angelina. The part should have gone to a woman of color. If Brad had any integrity he would have insisted on it.
    Then why didn't Marianne Pearl insist on it?? It's a story of her life.

    I'm curious to why you think your opinion should be rated higher or more valid that Pearl's?

  10. #70
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    It has nothing to do with Angelina on my behalf, Lily. Unlike you, I don't care about Angelina or Brad or Jennifer or anyone else. The only people I LOVE are my friends and family. I do not worship anyone. God, get over it. You and people like you are the ones that bring me to these threads because you act so damn insane over hating these people that you make me want to argue with you just for the fun of it. I don't care if it was President Bush, who I hate, I would still feel the same way because you make it so easy.

    Seriously, I think you have said Saint Vagina and St Veingina over 1,000 times. It's not funny. Move on, find something new to call her out on. It's getting corny.
    I call her that because it amuses me. Sorry if it gets on your nerves. I read "Chiniston" and "Maniston" over and over again and I don't tell people to stop it, and that's pretty old, too.

    I'm not calling anyone out on these boards, I swear to God. I never claimed you worship her. I do not personally call out or insult anyone on this board, even if they disagree. In fact, people I disagree with here are my buds on other threads. I don't know.

    I just find it interesting that St. Veingelina Jolie gets away with things that others can't. I find it interesting that people think this woman can do no wrong. Of course Mariane won't have a problem with it. Out of respect for Mariane Pearl, I will leave her out of it.
    Last edited by Lily; June 20th, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

  11. #71
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So, the Ptolemies avoided sleeping with any Africans? Kind of like how the slave owners in America avoided sleeping with the slaves but wanted to keep their bloodlines pure.

    At one point somebody in her family didn't agree with royal incest because Cleopatra was described her as having 'brown, dusky skin' by everyone who ever saw her. Particulary the Romans.

    It's just like when Hannibal and his soldiers were defeated in the Punic Wars and instead of heading back to North Africa manying of them settled in Southern Italy and intermarried with the Italian woman and that's why Sicilians are called the Black Italians because a lot of them have darker complexions due to that mixture of African blood.
    I never said they did not sleep with Africans....but the Ptolemic bloodline was Macedonian (think Greek/Turkish)...which would also account for a dusky complection....

    Read up on the Ptolemaic rulers and you'll see that they only married and bred with each other....sisters married brothers......



    Even if they did fuck Africans for fun....they would have had out of wedlock babies.....they wouldnt have sat on the throne


    and the Bloodlines running through the Sicilians.....the references to Black Sicilians come from the Moors (Saracen Arabs- and dont tell me they were African- it's been proven that the people we know as Middle eastern are a mix of Caucasian and Asaitic) invasion of Sicily....about 900 AD....until the Normans came along about 1100....and if you know these type of Sicilians their features are much more Arabic than Negroid......Scimitar noses, etc

    ah forget it....these common misconceptions are proof that a little learning is a dangerous thing....most people dont take the time to get the whole story.....
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 20th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

  12. #72
    Silver Member tamjo54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Then there was the time on designing women when suzanne showed up painted darker than usual and:
    Suzanne shows up for their performance in "black face" makeup)
    Julia: Our number is next, and don't you dare come near us.
    Suzanne: Julia, what are you talking about? I have to be with you - I'm a Supreme!
    Julia: I don't give a damn if you're a California raisin. You stay away from us!
    I remember this one. Thanks for the laugh!

  13. #73
    Gold Member mamaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    fishcakes... blah blah blah
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    ^Yes and it's not 1920 anymore. We have perfectly talented and capable actresses who don't need to be in blackface.
    Thank you. It amazes me that people don't get this or understand why it's insulting. While I like Marianne Pearl (I've loved her work for Glamour mag) I refuse to see this movie on principle.

    Did Brad have George Clooney do his hair???

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Then why didn't Marianne Pearl insist on it?? It's a story of her life.

    I'm curious to why you think your opinion should be rated higher or more valid that Pearl's?
    Marianne Pearl is French. The race dynamics in France are different. Not better, but different. She probably doesn't understand why Americans, particularly black Americans cringe at seeing a white actress portray a person of color. In a perfect world, I would be okay with it. But this isn't perfect world and as long as actresses of color continue to fight for good parts and recognition in the industry, white actresses should show a little solidarity. It's hard for white people to understand racism because it generally isn't part of their daily lives. I don't think Angelina is doing this to be callous. I really think she doesn't know any better. Hopefully, someone will tell her and then she'll know.
    Last edited by mamaste; June 20th, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

  14. #74
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So is being called Afro-Americans.

    So why did Malcom X found the Organization of Afro-American Unity?

    And why does Howard University offer a major in Afro-American studies? and so does Chapel Hill....and UMASS has the W.E. B. DuBois Department of Afro-American studies?

  15. #75
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    Thank you. It amazes me that people don't get this or understand why it's insulting. While I like Marianne Pearl (I've loved her work for Glamour mag) I refuse to see this movie on principle.

    Did Brad have George Clooney do his hair???
    They don't get it because it's St. Angelina. She could BBQ orphans and they would find a way to justify it. As many have written, if this was any other white actress, who donned blackface for a role, these very same posters would be screaming for her head.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Brad Pitt is no better than...
    By CrabApple19777 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: March 4th, 2006, 03:11 AM
  3. Brad Pitt looking for gay role
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
  4. Brad Pitt learning to fly
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 28th, 2005, 01:29 AM
  5. How are Brad Pitt and Jude Law different??
    By vonvyne in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •