Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    Brad and Angie get a free pass because people perceive them as activists and humanitarians. They are elitist in which they think nothing applies to them.

They can fly in private jets that consume more gas than the average person uses in a year. They have how many homes that consume how much energy, but they are seen as green activists.

Angie can get a job from her boyfriend (nepotism) and dress up in black face (which is completely offensive to most) and the press doesn't call them on it. Why possibly because they have some control over the press. Angie is a expert at manipulating the press and finally got called out for it.

They can adopt children from around the world, but do nothing for the children that exist from the country where they live and make their money from.

They definately have an agenda for Americans, but God forbid they ever have to live by it. Hypocrits like them make me sick. Good for all of you that fall into their charm and beauty. Ironically they consider themselves deep thinkers. Why else would Brad compare Angie to Churchhill or Roosevelt. As they say, "Beauty is only skin deep". I thing it appropriately applies to them.
    If I had to guess, I'd say he must have heard someone else use those two words and is just mimicking...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I just thought of something....

Maybe he meant that Angie was like Pamela Churchill

She was famous in her day for sleeping with married men: Gianni Agnelli, Elie Rothchild, Stavros Niarchos, Leland Heyward, Bill Paley, Edward R Murrow, Jock Whitney, Aly Khan, Averill Harriman...

^^That has to be it witchcurlgirl! Also great post tamjo54, can't agree more with you.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    I as trying to think of who Marianne Pearl reminded me of looks-wise and I remember now.... Bill Cosby's illegitimate daughter Autumn who went to jail for extortion.

The side profiles are uncanny
    You're right, she does. I never noticed that.

And I never thought that Angie should've been playing this role. Acting or not, Marianna Pearl is a bi-racial woman, and having to put make-up on Angie to play the part is a sign that a woman of color should have played the role. Someone bi-racial like Thandie Newton would've been perfect.

And welcome to the boards Tamjo. Stick around, won't you?

Let's get back to the damn subject at hand. Brad Pitt is an idiot? Why can't we focus on that for two damn seconds? Why does this have to be about Holina?

Elite Member

because everyone seems to agree he is an idiot. no surprise here.

I guess from now on pregnant women should only be played by actual pregnant women.

Fat chicks should only be played by fat chicks.

Cancer patients played by actual cancer patients.

etc.......

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I guess from now on(..)

etc.......
    yeah, like rosie o'donnell should be played by mk olsen.

^That's not the same thing, Sweetie. It's not even close.

Mariane Pearl is a woman of color, and Angelina was in, essentially, blackface. It's okay if it's "serious" but people were up in arms when Christopher Lee and Mickey Rooney played Asians. Please.

At this point we've made so many strides for people of color, and what do we do? We hand a role to someone for "star power" and put her in blackface. Come on.

If any other white actress pulled this, there would be an outcry from everyone. But it's St. Veingina so we have to all shut up and look at her in awe and wonder.

I guess from now on pregnant women should only be played by actual pregnant women.

Cancer patients played by actual cancer patients.

etc.......
    Yes, I agree....No more pretty actresses in fat suits pretending to be fat...get a real fat girl

But heres a tip for you, if you cant understand WHY it is offensive to have a white actress playing a black woman....Rent Breakfast at Tiffanys and see Mickey Rooneys performance as Mr. Yunioshi......or Bamboozled by Spike Lee

Or just look up the real meaning of "JIM CROW"

In NY a few years back some firefighters were suspended for doing a blackface sketch at a parade....so if it was offensive for the fireman, its offensive when it's Angie

Gold Member

Maybe when Thandie Newton starts f*cking Brad Pitt then she can star in his movies.
    Brad already fucked her, they used to date.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Having cancer and being fat are not being compared to race? Ethnicity isn't a condition that can be changed, unlike being fat! I say we remake the Waltons using the Wayans and remake Roots with an all white cast.

The point of the matter is this, Angie made the role fit her. Everyone knows a good actor changes to fit the role. I don't care if she had been baked in an overn at 400 degrees for 2 hours, she wasn;t right for the part. Even Rachel Ticotin, a white and Puerto Rican actress, could have pulled this off much more convincingly. Angelina walking around in blackface and nappy weave and wigs is disgusting.

Wasn't Brad linked to Thandie around the time of Interview with the Vampire?

Rachel Ticotin

Personally I don't care who played the woman. It's the MOVIES, it's not real life.
    If a white woman playing a black woman offends anyone then I feel they have issues themselves. If black and white are supposed to be equal than what does it matter if a white woman plays a black woma? You can't have it both ways; either they are equal or not. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I wonder, did Liz Taylor catch hell for playing Cleopatra?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, I agree....No more pretty actresses in fat suits pretending to be fat...get a real fat girl

But heres a tip for you, if you cant understand WHY it is offensive to have a white actress playing a black woman....Rent Breakfast at Tiffanys and see Mickey Rooneys performance as Mr. Yunioshi......or Bamboozled by Spike Lee

Or just look up the real meaning of "JIM CROW"

In NY a few years back some firefighters were suspended for doing a blackface sketch at a parade....so if it was offensive for the fireman, its offensive when it's Angie
    I refuse to watch Spike Lee's movies. He's a racist asshole that needs to be hung beside Paris Hilton.

Of all the people complaining about Jolie in the role of Marianne Pearl, how many of you plan on seeing the film? How many of you would have gone to see it if she wasn't in it?? If you have no plans to see it, why complain over and over about it??

That movie, whether it be Jolie or anyone else is not going to be a blockbuster movie. It's not going to sell.

And, as I have said before - if Marianne Pearl, the woman who lost her husband so tragically is OK with who was picked for her role, who are we to say otherwise?? She's the one whose husband came back to her in a fucking box, beheaded for her to bury. She's the one that has to explain the entire story to her child. Hell, if Marianne Pearl was ok with Kim Basinger playing her, I'd be ok with it. It was a story of her tragic loss, not mine. She's ok with Jolie, then I have no problem with who plays her.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information