Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

Hit By Ban Bus!

seems like there are a lot of people who post here who are looking for an argument!(revellinginsane)

thanks for putting me in my place. i've got a few other posts that probably need your insight and opinion as well.

i wonder if Fishburne and Fox have auditioned for those "white" roles? and besides, now we have to start feeling sorry for black actors? last i checked they made damn good money. why not them complain if it's such a travesty? OH POOR POOR ethnic actors. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! whatever. why does everything have to be made into a race issue? maybe she got the role because her life partner is the director and she is a fine capable actor? why send the money out of the family just because angie isn't black? i'd have done the same damn thing!

I thought the accent sucked ass. that's all I really got out of the only commercial I've seen for this movie - it didn't make me want to see it at all....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't see why it wasn't a black woman. It was absolutely unnecessary.

I also thought she was crap in the clips I saw. Her accent sounded like Viveca Linfors from "The Sure Thing" instead of Marianne Pearl. But whatever. I'm retarded and wrong and can't see that everything Veingelina does is MAGIC!!!!

Maybe they didn't choose black because Marianne Pearl isn't actually black herself.

I cant get over the fact that this minstral show of a film is actually taking place in the 21st century....

the next time a movie about an asian is cast...should we try Reese Witherspoon with extra eyeliner????.....

C'mon, Marianne Pearl is bi-racial, and should have been played by a bi-racial actress....

It's not a race issue.......it's a truth issue.....

But Mr. Pitt is still an idiot for comparing these two broads to Churchill and Roosevelt........

I said "black" to speed it up. Which is politically incorrect. Whatever. Semantics. Angelina in blackface, yeah, that's a trip.

Anyway, Marianne Pearl is quite beautiful. Makes Veiny look like an insect.

I just saw some pics of her in the role on imdb.com. She looks weird. Not natural.
    There is absolutely no reason that she needed to play this part.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Hugh:First, no one is looking for a fight. Second, I have never even noticed your posts or screen name. I do not think your posts need my opinion, as you have clearly shown what you have to offer here.

If difference in opinion makes some overly sensitive (hugh_jass), then thicken the skin. I will not bite my lip because some have skin like onion paper. That is not my problem. Deal with it. PC isn't something I aspire to.

Again, the obvious has been pointed out, which is Angie got the part because of who she shares a bed with. Are we all clear on that now too? Good!

Umm, that would be the basis of the the argument that she was not the best choice for the role. No one is saying she isn't a good actress.

Who feels sorry for anyone? People have correctly pointed out that an white actress is cast in an ethnic role strictly due to nepotism.

Have to love the new ones who take everything personal and accuse others of racism, starting arguments, and such during a discussion. Sad.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; June 20th, 2007 at 12:22 PM.

^I'm saying she's not a good actress!

"And when Mariane receives the news she's been dreading and to which the entire movie has been building, the actress in the role dissolves into a keening grief so busy that audience attention wanders at exactly the wrong time to thoughts about how many takes the shot required, and why a moment so obviously devastating affects us in the head but not in the gut."

"Here's what Entertainment Weekly is saying:
    Despite the best of intentions, an actress who makes her own headlines gets in the way of the big picture."

^I am not surprised. To be honest, I have never seen her appeal. I think her best work, lol, was Hackers. No joke! Girl, Interrupted seemed to be her just hagning out being herself.

I did not like Tomb Raider or any other movie she has been in that have seen.

Here's what Rolling Stone is saying:
    Rolling Stone calls her performance, "strong and true in every detail".

You can always find a review to fit your point.

You girls might like the little story at the bottom of this article since the writter seems to dislike Angelina and Brad too...
    Logan Nakyanzi Pollard: Angelina Jolie's Bleaching Out the Narrative: When White Plays Black - Entertainment on The Huffington Post

Most reviews are saying what EW is saying: Not feelin' it.

*shrug*

Overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Most reviews are saying what EW is saying: Not feelin' it.

*shrug*

Overrated.

I'm with you Lily..........

There was a funny thing in the same Rolling Stone mentioned above...in the beginning of the magazine-not the movie review-

It said "How is it Lohan can be the worlds biggest movie star without having been in a hit movie in ages- like Angelina Jolie"

so she's a star, but her pics dont make money.....she'll be the Demi Moore of her generation I guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    Roosevelt and Churchill, eh? Which one's Ange?

Hahaha. I'm always amazed at the overinflated sense of importance that some celebs have.

Roosevelt and Churchill. That's amazing. He truly is an idiot.

Brad and Angie get a free pass because people perceive them as activists and humanitarians. They are elitist in which they think nothing applies to them.

They can fly in private jets that consume more gas than the average person uses in a year. They have how many homes that consume how much energy, but they are seen as green activists.

Angie can get a job from her boyfriend (nepotism) and dress up in black face (which is completely offensive to most) and the press doesn't call them on it. Why possibly because they have some control over the press. Angie is a expert at manipulating the press and finally got called out for it.

They can adopt children from around the world, but do nothing for the children that exist from the country where they live and make their money from.

They definately have an agenda for Americans, but God forbid they ever have to live by it. Hypocrits like them make me sick. Good for all of you that fall into their charm and beauty. Ironically they consider themselves deep thinkers. Why else would Brad compare Angie to Churchhill or Roosevelt. As they say, "Beauty is only skin deep". I thing it appropriately applies to them.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information