Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

OMG, you people made Voodoo swear. Holy crap!

Whomever is handing out the popcorn, I'd like some buttered with salt please. Oh, and a nice cold cocktail would be lovely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    Actually I see a resemblance to Pearl.
    She actually does look more like her than Veingie does!

I caught part of Showgirls recently (for the bazillionth time)-- Nomi Malone is a dead ringer for Veingie as Marianne Pearl (only w/ blonde hair).

To accuse me of hating these people is ridiculous. I do not hate any of them. Marianne is doing what she feels is right. AJ is using this to get on the Oscar ballot. BP wants to make the little woman happy. Disagreement does not equal hatred. What is truly sickening is that someone with an opposing viewpoint is attacked for not agreeing with the majority.
    Sing it! My God, criticism of anything Brangelina or even anything on the periphery of Brangelina does not equal hatred. People are capable of being objective. It's the fantards that can't. That includes those who say over and over "I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan."

ETA: There's a picture of Jen made up to look like Pearl floating around. Anyone have it? It's hilarious. As much as I dislike Holie, I will readily admit she was a far superior choice to Jen. That would have been a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    OMG, you people made Voodoo swear. Holy crap!

I'm very embarrassed too.

I have been completely objective. I have said, dozens upon dozens of times, that AJ and BP can't act, that they aren't very bright, that they are typical overprivileged, egotistical Hollywood stars, and that they should keep their mouths shut more often. I've never paid money to see anything that either one of them have ever been in, nor do I intend to in the future. I agree that neither is especially great looking, and that Angie is too thin and probably anoxeric. I have also said that she is, was and probably always will be weird.

What I have said in their favour has been quite minimal and it essentially boils down to AJ's work for the UN, her goal to raise public consciousness about the dire condition of millions of desperately poor children and her willingness to put her money where her mouth is and actually adopt some needy kids. I have also said that AJ is different (weird?), and that makes her stand out a little from the dim celeb pack. But by saying anything that remotely sounds balanced I have been consistently (along with many others) referred to as a "fantard."

And by the way, I've never said much of anything about Aniston since she is somebody who does not interest me and never has. I didn't watch her in Friends and I don't go to her movies, either.

I really could care less what names people call me any more since it would take quite a lot to get my attention now in that regard, but I am setting the record straight once and for all. Feel free to hate away!

Sing it! My God, criticism of anything Brangelina or even anything on the periphery of Brangelina does not equal hatred. People are capable of being objective. It's the fantards that can't. That includes those who say over and over "I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan."
    It has worked has it not? The trap has been laid and the majority has bought it. She is such a diplomat and caring person. Yes, we need to focus on making the world a better place. She is adopting a rainbow tribe and getting everyone to see the poverty plight, all while wearing her RED SOLES!

I have been completely objective.

What I have said in their favour has been quite minimal and it essentially boils down to AJ's work for the UN, her goal to raise public consciousness about the dire condition of millions of desperately poor children and her willingness to put her money where her mouth is and actually adopt some needy kids.
    It is akin to the condemned finding a bible. I remember when a certain celebrity was photographed somberly holding religious texts from every church known to man. That wasn't propaganda either.

See, her plan is working. Now, everyone chant with me," She is great. She is wonderful. She is...." *eyes glaze over* *drool*

George Romero yells,"Cut!"

Oh hell. I thought this was going to be a thread mocking the male bimbo that is Brad, but you all had to go all political and talk about racism and other "real" stuff. Damn.

We discussed the should a white woman play a sort of black woman in a role to death long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I never said they did not sleep with Africans....but the Ptolemic bloodline was Macedonian (think Greek/Turkish)...which would also account for a dusky complection....

Read up on the Ptolemaic rulers and you'll see that they only married and bred with each other....sisters married brothers......

Even if they did fuck Africans for fun....they would have had out of wedlock babies.....they wouldnt have sat on the throne

and the Bloodlines running through the Sicilians.....the references to Black Sicilians come from the Moors (Saracen Arabs- and dont tell me they were African- it's been proven that the people we know as Middle eastern are a mix of Caucasian and Asaitic) invasion of Sicily....about 900 AD....until the Normans came along about 1100....and if you know these type of Sicilians their features are much more Arabic than Negroid......Scimitar noses, etc

ah forget it....these common misconceptions are proof that a little learning is a dangerous thing....most people dont take the time to get the whole story.....
    I have read up on the Ptolemies, and no they didn't just marry and have children with each other. The practice of royal incest was something they picked up from the true Egyptians, and even the Egyptians didn't practice it 100%.

As for the Moors, I don't know where you're getting your info from but the word Moor is derived from the word Maures, which means black or burnt, and was used to describe the Ethiopians when the Romans first encountered them.

And, no, the bloodline of the Sicilians didn't come from the Moors, it came from Hannibal. And I've talked to Sicilians I know who have even confirmed that, so I'll take their word over your's. Which is the primary reason that the Italians in Northern Italy have tried to distance themselves from those in the South.

Now, true, there were Arab Moors, but the true Moors were African, and ruled the Empire of Mali and extended their influence into Spain and Portugal.

And the fact that you have to get a pompous attitude proves that you don't know what you're talking about and you're just blowing smoke, so I'm done wasting my time with you.

Eloquence abounds in the post you responded to KC.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

Eloquence abounds in the post you responded to KC.
    Thanks, Revelling. I've been studying all of this stuff on my own, and back in school, for the better part of 20 years, and I'm not about to let somebody who got their revisionist & inaccurate info from the Discovery Channel or the Internet try to pass it off to me as fact.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I have read up on the Ptolemies, and no they didn't just marry and have children with each other. The practice of royal incest was something they picked up from the true Egyptians, and even the Egyptians didn't practice it 100%.

As for the Moors, I don't know where you're getting your info from but the word Moor is derived from the word Maures, which means black or burnt, and was used to describe the Ethiopians when the Romans first encountered them.

And, no, the bloodline of the Sicilians didn't come from the Moors, it came from Hannibal. And I've talked to Sicilians I know who have even confirmed that, so I'll take their word over your's. Which is the primary reason that the Italians in Northern Italy have tried to distance themselves from those in the South.

Now, true, there were Arab Moors, but the true Moors were African, and ruled the Empire of Mali and extended their influence into Spain and Portugal.

And the fact that you have to get a pompous attitude proves that you don't know what you're talking about and you're just blowing smoke, so I'm done wasting my time with you.
    There have been DNA analyses of Sicilians. They concluded that there is only a very small percentage of African DNA in Sicilians - they are just of the Mediterranean subgroup of the Caucasian race. Mediterranean peoples tend to be a little darker complected and usually have dark eyes and hair.

Also, there is zero evidence to show that Cleopatra was black. That is purely modern speculation with no evidence to substantiate it. The reality was she was an ethnic Macedonean, and therefore white, so Liz Taylor's casting in Cleopatra (and the casting in most every other adaptation) was factually accurate.

I have to step in here.

That percentage of African DNA has been diluted due to the procession of generations. That DNA did influence the way those people look now. It's like the old lemon juice experiment in chem 101.

Now, what seems to have not been mentioned is that AJ has Negroid features. It amazes me how many people claiming to be caucasoid are so obviously fullofshitoid.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    There have been DNA analyses of Sicilians. They concluded that there is only a very small percentage of African DNA in Sicilians - they are just of the Mediterranean subgroup of the Caucasian race. Mediterranean peoples tend to be a little darker complected and usually have dark eyes and hair.

Also, there is zero evidence to show that Cleopatra was black. That is purely modern speculation with no evidence to substantiate it. The reality was she was an ethnic Macedonean, and therefore white, so Liz Taylor's casting in Cleopatra (and the casting in most every other adaptation) was factually accurate.
    And the DNA example that you've given means what? It just proves what I said. I didn't say that the Sicilians were black. I said that they had an admixture of African blood, which accounts for that percentage that you're talking about.

As for Cleopatra, I'm not even going to get back into that debate. There's no evidence that she was white. That was something created during the time Egyptian culture was white-washed. But, ironically, all of the people who saw Cleopatra described her as black.

So, Liz Taylor playing the role was factually inaccurate, which was one of many inaccuracies in that film.

KC, don't argue about race in history. We all know Cleo was white, Jesus had blond hair, and Simon who helped Jesus carry the cross was so light skinned he glowed. Where the blonds and lighter skin disappeared to in Africa and Arabia is the real question.

If we are going to relate history, why can we not do it objectively and honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I have to step in here.

That percentage of African DNA has been diluted due to the procession of generations. That DNA did influence the way those people look now. It's like the old lemon juice experiment in chem 101.

Now, what seems to have not been mentioned is that AJ has Negroid features. It amazes me how many people claiming to be caucasoid are so obviously fullofshitoid.
    Thank you. It's the same thing with Blacks in America. Most of us have an admixture of European blood, a by-product of slavery, which has been diluted over the centuries, but nonetheles it's still there.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information