Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    now THAT'S cunty!
    cunty?? that's a shocker of a word.

Um, i bring in Chiniston just cuz it ads flavor.

A bland, husbandless flavor with undertones of barren womb, but a flavor nonetheless..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sigh. This thread needs an exorcism again!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    cunty?? that's a shocker of a word.

Ummm VC, is that word offensive?

I mean people use it all the time in European countries. Americans, not so much.

No no I am not offended! Just find it kind of yukky!

Quote Originally Posted by DVS_one View Post
    Mmmmk.
    As for welcoming you to the forum... there is a thread for that.. AND as far as I know I am not the door greeter today.
    As far as your expertise into the world of publishing profit margins I happen to know that if something isnt profitable then guess what?... its not something that is done over and over again only to lose more fucking money. Try again sweetie.

While you are bowing down kindly paint my toenails. Id like a flesh pinkish tan color ... Thanks.
    m

Charming. Up your ass.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

*goes to make popcorn*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Popcorn sucks. Get me something stronger......

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    m

Charming. Up your ass.
    Look if you came here for charm, I think you took a wrong turn. UP MY ASS? Nahhhh Im not into anal. Although there is a post about fisting that may be of some interest.
    If you came here to trash celebs... then you didnt.

The thing is you are pissed because I gave a response to your OWN word choice. Maybe next time you wont be so easy to rattle. No matter what Angelina or Brad or the Pearl survivors do this is a GOSSIP board. That is what is done here. Feel free to jump right in ... skinny dip if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Hmm. You don't have to be rude to me. (Thanks for the welcome to this forum.) Publishing is a business of very narrow profit margins, the average nonfiction book in the U.S. sells around 10,000 copies, and the author gets only royalties from the books. Fiction can be even worse. Oh, I forgot--I must have no frickin' clue what I'm talking about, because I'm not you. *Bows head in shame.*
    I couldn't agree more. Even established authors are struggling. The average author makes less than $20,000 a year -- hardly a fast track to riches, and writing books is incredibly hard. For every Jackie Collins and Danielle Steele, there are thousands who make almost nothing. And Pearl is a writer who can actually write, not that that means anything obviously.

Has anybody here actually read her book? I have.

But why would anybody like Shinola or even myself, who work in the industry and write, know anything about it? If writing books were so easy and so profitable, than I am assuming practically everybody would be doing it and we'd all be rich.

And I stand by what I said: comparing what happened to ANS and to Marianne Pearl and her husband Daniel is beyond the pale.

And I welcome you to the board. It's good to have a new poster with a different perspective.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; June 20th, 2007 at 10:39 PM.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    What about the Wayan's playing white girls? Did that offend me? NO.
    I don't let petty crap get to me.
    THIS is your answer to that wonderful missive by Mel. You have no hope if you can't understand why someone dressing in blackface to mock 300 years of mistreatment isn't the same as a black person doing white face to make fun of stupid valley girls. Stupid valley girls who no matter how stupid they are will not end up on the outside of life. Asshole
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuisfan1234 View Post
    I will leave the whole race thing alone. But did anyone think she TOOK on this, not only because this was supposed to be Jennifer project (not to star in but to produce?) and because she wants to WIN a Oscar?
    Angelina already has an Oscar. That was Maniston, slated for the role of Mariane, that thought it would be her ticket on the Oscar train.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Honestly I think Manichin should've played Marianne-- that'd be funny as fuck!!! I'd go seen it then.
    Oh honey, we can have our own Manichin as Marianne right here!

Here she is!

Actually I see a resemblance to Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Isn't capitalism -- pimping, hustling any way you can to make money -- exactly what the troops are supposed to be fighting for in Iraq? The American dream of grabbing as big a piece of the pie as you can is what the entire Republican party stands for. Or is only bad for people to earn a living this way if you happen to dislike them? Just wondering.

I am sure you apply this logic to EVERYONE who has ever written a book about anything bad that has ever happened to them. That is a very long list to say the least.

I think the suggestion that Marianne Pearl is doing this simply to make money is despicable. She was a writer and a journalist BEFORE she even met her husband, so she wasn't exactly an unknown. And as another poster said, it's not very likely that she's even making a lot of money from it. But I guess people like ANS -- who was literally a prostitute -- are far superior.
    Pearl is also drawing attention to the fact that the crime of her husband's death is still unsolved -- or should she pretend that isn't the case, too? I would think she would be applauded for helping to fight terrorism rather than pilloried for trying to earn a living at the same time.

To compare ANS' situation to Marianne Pearl's makes me want to throw up, frankly. The two situations could not be more different to any person who wasn't consumed by hatred for Pearl, Pitt and Jolie.
    The war in Iraq is suppsedly being fought to liberate oppressed people and give them a voice in how they live. That is the general meaning of democracy, which may or may not include capitalism leading to bottomless, insatiable greed.

Who is consumed by hatred. It seems as if some on this board are consumed with hatred for those whose hearts do not bleed for someone who is riding the death cash cow, as she is doing it. That does not mean I hate her or condemn her for one act!

First of all, I feel for Daniel and his son. I am not cold hearted. I feel for the wife and mother who lost her husband and had to give birth to a son who will never know his father. I do not feel for the woman who fell into the money lined pit trap set for AJ's next Oscar nomination.

Yes, she was a journalist before this, but let's be honest. Her name was no well known until her husband lost his life. Now, she is squeezing it for everything. She has parlayed this into a book, a movie, and a year long magazine assignment.

When someone who is in the entertainment industry pimps a dead relative, all hell breaks loose. This woman is doing the exact same thing and she is probably being nominated for sainthood as I am typing this. Who is playing the double standard now?

Sure, I apply this logic to EVERY non fic based on a personal experience. You are sure of it, so how could I possibly argue what I think and feel regarding situations? When I need to be told what my opinion is, I will be sure to ask.

Now, who is being judgmental. Comparing the values of MP and ANS is acceptable? They were from two different worlds, but they were both humans, which, in my DESPICABLE eyes make them equal.

His murder is not solved and probably never will be. Did people forget he chose to leave his pregnant wife and journey to the center of danger? No one forced him.

To accuse me of hating these people is ridiculous. I do not hate any of them. Marianne is doing what she feels is right. AJ is using this to get on the Oscar ballot. BP wants to make the little woman happy. Disagreement does not equal hatred. What is truly sickening is that someone with an opposing viewpoint is attacked for not agreeing with the majority.

Attack on. I am well versed in leaving the mainstream for the less traveled canals. I am a damn good swimmer anyway.

Go right ahead and see your meal a second time. There is a bucket next to the pedestal with Marianne's name on it. My opinion is not changing.

How you infer these irrational ideas from clearly explained thoughts is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    Oh honey, we can have our own Manichin as Marianne right here!

Here she is!

HAHAHAHA!!!! Thank you!!

What on earth is this from (the pic, not the dude)?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information