Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie fail to make good on promised gift to Namibian school

Silver Member

http://www.laineygossip.com/ArticleList.aspx?ID=4793
    The Pitts: Philanthropic Fishy-ness

New photo of Angelina en route to the set, ridiculously beautiful as usual. But because it’s Angelina…a new scandal has emerged…

A new report was released yesterday from Radar Online with alleged information that the Pitts have reneged on a pledge made to a Namibian pre-school originally made at the time of the Chosen One’s arrival.

Apparently a British film crew travelled to the country recently to shoot a piece on the Pitts and during an interview with the Headmistress of the Democratic Resettlement Community school she was “visibly upset off camera” because the donation has yet to materialise.

Needless to say, this has elicited scorn and protest from haters across the gossip universe…and rightly so, if this turns out to be case. And if it does indeed turn out to be the case, by all means, giv’er and giv’er hard. Tear ‘em up, spit ‘em out, put them on the same level as Tori Spelling and Kevin Federline.

However, before you sharpen your teeth, just a few notes on the off chance you might want more information. I spoke with a couple of sources today who said that while the Pitts announced their gift shortly before leaving Africa, beneficiaries for the donation were never officially selected or named and the $15,000 off the top for the DRC was to be managed as part of the larger contribution.

In fact, at that famous press conference in Namibia, the Pitts said themselves that they would work with the First Lady of Namibia Penexupifo Pohamba to direct their generosity, believing that their money would best be put to use if recipients were selected by locals who were better informed.

My sources were also quick to point out it is not a question of blame but of philanthropic administration, not unheard of in the world of fund development, which is why the Pitts are loathe to comment on any situation that puts the onus on anyone else - and while we’re on the topic of fundraising, Covenant House Vancouver is kicking off our annual '30 days for 30 nights campaign’ right now to support at-risk youth for 30 days during the month of December.

Sorry I digress.

Anyway, that’s the story as I hear it - not particularly scandalous, the cheap bastards angle is definitely more fun to believe and much more palatable to those who are sick of the Pitts anyway… so go to it. Hate away.

I’ll join you just as soon as I get confirmation they did indeed scam out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitelite View Post
    http://www.laineygossip.com/ArticleList.aspx?ID=4793
    The Pitts: Philanthropic Fishy-ness

New photo of Angelina en route to the set, ridiculously beautiful as usual. But because it’s Angelina…a new scandal has emerged…

A new report was released yesterday from Radar Online with alleged information that the Pitts have reneged on a pledge made to a Namibian pre-school originally made at the time of the Chosen One’s arrival.

Apparently a British film crew travelled to the country recently to shoot a piece on the Pitts and during an interview with the Headmistress of the Democratic Resettlement Community school she was “visibly upset off camera” because the donation has yet to materialise.

Needless to say, this has elicited scorn and protest from haters across the gossip universe…and rightly so, if this turns out to be case. And if it does indeed turn out to be the case, by all means, giv’er and giv’er hard. Tear ‘em up, spit ‘em out, put them on the same level as Tori Spelling and Kevin Federline.

However, before you sharpen your teeth, just a few notes on the off chance you might want more information. I spoke with a couple of sources today who said that while the Pitts announced their gift shortly before leaving Africa, beneficiaries for the donation were never officially selected or named and the $15,000 off the top for the DRC was to be managed as part of the larger contribution.

In fact, at that famous press conference in Namibia, the Pitts said themselves that they would work with the First Lady of Namibia Penexupifo Pohamba to direct their generosity, believing that their money would best be put to use if recipients were selected by locals who were better informed.

My sources were also quick to point out it is not a question of blame but of philanthropic administration, not unheard of in the world of fund development, which is why the Pitts are loathe to comment on any situation that puts the onus on anyone else - and while we’re on the topic of fundraising, Covenant House Vancouver is kicking off our annual '30 days for 30 nights campaign’ right now to support at-risk youth for 30 days during the month of December.

Sorry I digress.

Anyway, that’s the story as I hear it - not particularly scandalous, the cheap bastards angle is definitely more fun to believe and much more palatable to those who are sick of the Pitts anyway… so go to it. Hate away.

I’ll join you just as soon as I get confirmation they did indeed scam out.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Another complaint of non payment.

Cambodian group: Angelina Jolie reneged on aid

10/30/2006

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - The director of a conservation project in Cambodia funded by actress Angelina Jolie on Monday rejected a claim by a Cambodian non-profit group that she had stopped funding the program, explaining that she had only changed its structure and management.

The Cambodian government in 2003 approved a forest conservation and poverty alleviation program for remote areas of northwestern Cambodia, for which Jolie has promised $1.3 million over five years,

The group Cambodian Vision in Development, or CVD, had co-managed the project with the U.S. conservation group WildAid, but Jolie terminated the contract with both in December last year to set up an independent Cambodian organization to administer it, said Stephen Bognar, the new group's executive director.

The new group has taken the ongoing program's name, the "Maddox Jolie Project," named after Jolie's adopted Cambodian son.

Bognar said he was dismayed to hear that CVD director Mounh Sarath had earlier Monday accused the Hollywood actress of cheating Cambodia when she stopped providing money to his organization.

"I am accusing her of violating the agreement under which she agreed to provide funds to CVD," Mounh Sarath said. "The more than $1 million she has promised has never arrived."

He claimed Jolie cut off funding and ended cooperation with his group without explanation in December last year.

Because he had not received an explanation of the cutoff, he decided to go public with his complaint, he added.

In response, Bognar said that Jolie had exercised the right to terminate the contract with CVD and WildAid to establish the new, independent organization, which employs some former CVD staff members who had been working on the project. Bognar himself previously worked for WildAid.

"I'm saddened to hear that you have someone complaining that the money hasn't gone to him and his organization, rather than noting how it has gone directly to poverty alleviation projects," he said.

The money had been provided at the local level for such things as building schools, clinics and roads, paying teachers' salaries and bringing in agricultural advisers from Australia, he said.

Mounh Sarath complained that Jolie's action was unfair since he helped arrange for her to be honored for her assistance by being awarded Cambodian citizenship last year.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/...t/people_jolie
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Soj, you're a damn Bucknut?! How could that be? I liked you so much before I knew....

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Soj, you're a damn Bucknut?! How could that be? I liked you so much before I knew....
    Bwahahahaha!!!! (it is all in fun though and only with 'THE GAME" coming up. )

How can there be so many reports of non-payment from so many different agencies if there wasn't a bit a truth to it? It would be so easy to dispute, with a copy of a cancelled check or wire transfer receipts. For so many agencies to "misunderstand" the circumstances of these donations seems somewhat ridiculous. Brangelina must have a charity communication issue.

No, Brangelina are perfect in every way! I'm going to go write a doctoral thesis on the subject, i'll be back in a couple hours to show you what's what!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information