Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie fail to make good on promised gift to Namibian school

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Shut your fucking face, Brotherfucker! Hey, you fucked your brother yesterday!!!!

It's fun to drop by in a Brangelina thread once in a while

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^

I LOVE Brangelina threads on this board. I freaking love them. People have such strong opinions and it makes for some great reading.

OMG Moomies, we posted at the same time. The Nelson twins made me spew coffee on my screen. Thanks.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Oh personally, I can't handle too many of these or read essay after essay on how Angelina is a saint, gets repetitive and tiring for me But yea still interesting to see how some ppl are so obssessed with defending celebs they don't even know in real life!

Hehe, glad my Nelson avatar made you laugh... but I won't be responsible for your coffee or the monitor.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^ Yes you damn well are! I expect my $54.98 to be refunded. I happily accept paypal.

Default It's Clobber'n Time!

They've also had another paparazzi thumped, by their security personel. The poor fellow was getting overly friendly in their hotel lobby, so Jolie decided that it was "Clobber'n Time". I think that part of the reason she likes the 3rd world is that their assualt and battery laws are much looser, especially when you're a rich, famous American.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Happy8, really? When I pledge money to a charity, I say "self, I'm gonna give money to (fill in the blank)." Then I reach into my pocket and write a check or give cash. It's all nice and tidy and I get it over with lickedy split. I suppose there are those TV infomercials or call in telethons where you pledge now and pay later but that's not my bag.
    Exactly, when I pledge money/give to charities, those greedy bastards want it NOW! They don't want me to write my name on a napkin and give it to 'em tellin' 'em how I'm gonna give 'em that money in installments later on... why the hell would I expect them too?? If I didn't have the money at the moment, I wouldn't have bothered to tell them I wanted to give them money to begin with. I don't drop an IOU a donation into the homeless guys cup either.

Well as I stated very clearly....I speak for myself and my donations. I guess it depends on what organizations/charities you donate too and the $$ amount of your donation. I was just throwing another perspective into the mix.

Silver Member

This was first reported when they announced the pledge.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt celebrated the birth of their daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, in Namibia on Saturday by donating $300,000 to help other babies in the southern African country, the government there said in a statement.

“We want to contribute to Namibia and the people who have been so gracious to us at this time,” Pitt, 42, and Jolie, 30, are quoted as saying in the statement.

Namibia’s Deputy Environment and Tourism Minister, Leon Jooste, says the money will be used to improve maternity wards at hospitals in Walvis Bay and Swakopmund and will contribute significantly to the health of Namibian babies.
    “The couple is thoroughly overjoyed by the event and have expressed their happiness to be able to share this experience in Namibia,” the government statement adds.
    Although Shiloh was born at a private facility, most Namibians rely on state hospitals like the ones that will benefit from Pitt and Jolie’s gift, the Associated Press reports.
    The new parents also pledged $15,000 for a school and a community center that they had visited in Swakopmund.

-----------------------------------
    If this organization noted in the story feel slighted by BP for not visiting their facility then they should contact BP and AJ’s representative. BP and AJ are only two people. How are they supposed to feel angry when they weren't even promised all this money in the first place? They were promised $15,000 and they were given that much money. The rest is supposed to go towards the hospital, not the schools. It amazes me how blogs are so quick to count their charitable contributions, but give a free ride to the many self-serving, shallow celebrites who do nothing at all to help mankind. If there is any backlash, it is from the haters that put out misleading information and don’t bother to print a retraction when it is proven false. GOD DAMN people are stupid!

^Oh God not again...........................................
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Gawd.. a brangelina obsessed uber-defender.

If this keeps up i might become a maniston fan.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You f-ers are fantabulous, you know that? It's been a rough day at work but these St. JP threads have had me laughing all damn day. Please Nite, for the love of all that is good, don't ever leave us!

Gosh, if it weren't for these threads, I probably wouldn't give two hoots about Brangelina. They would be yet another celebrity couple to me. But thanks to these threads, I am becoming educated!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Are you serious? That's hard to imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Holy crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitelite View Post
    This was first reported when they announced the pledge.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt celebrated the birth of their daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, in Namibia on Saturday by donating $300,000 to help other babies in the southern African country, the government there said in a statement.

“We want to contribute to Namibia and the people who have been so gracious to us at this time,” Pitt, 42, and Jolie, 30, are quoted as saying in the statement.

Namibia’s Deputy Environment and Tourism Minister, Leon Jooste, says the money will be used to improve maternity wards at hospitals in Walvis Bay and Swakopmund and will contribute significantly to the health of Namibian babies.
    “The couple is thoroughly overjoyed by the event and have expressed their happiness to be able to share this experience in Namibia,” the government statement adds.
    Although Shiloh was born at a private facility, most Namibians rely on state hospitals like the ones that will benefit from Pitt and Jolie’s gift, the Associated Press reports.
    The new parents also pledged $15,000 for a school and a community center that they had visited in Swakopmund.

-----------------------------------
    If this organization noted in the story feel slighted by BP for not visiting their facility then they should contact BP and AJ’s representative. BP and AJ are only two people. How are they supposed to feel angry when they weren't even promised all this money in the first place? They were promised $15,000 and they were given that much money. The rest is supposed to go towards the hospital, not the schools. It amazes me how blogs are so quick to count their charitable contributions, but give a free ride to the many self-serving, shallow celebrites who do nothing at all to help mankind. If there is any backlash, it is from the haters that put out misleading information and don’t bother to print a retraction when it is proven false. GOD DAMN people are stupid!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^ I do believe Angie/Nite's last sentence summed things up properly.

No shit, she sounds like she's going to have an aneurysm over this. What could this person POSSIBLY have invested in Brangelina besides the deed to her harem of cats?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information