Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Beth Ditto says its the gays' fault

I'm overweight & it is hard for me to lose weight because of a hypoactive thyroid. I eat pretty healthy & exercise daily. I have to agree that I do not like seeing very obese people strutting around with barely any clothes on. It does not look good, that is my opinion.

I have a very obese sister who constantly eats all day long & she does not exercise at all. It annoys me because she has no other health issues except for the fact that she smokes. If she really made an effort she could lose her weight easily. Instead I have to constantly hear her whine & complain about looking fat & sloppy. She is always complaining that she wishes she looked like me, & I tell her I HAVE to make an effort to maintain my weight & I am still overweight! I get sick of people who constantly whine, its about choice. We all have a choice about what condition our body is in. As long as someone is happy & satisfied with the way they look fat or thin, that is their choice.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    . i do not find fat obese people attractive. do you? .
    hmmmmmmmmmmm. ok let me share. i am 5'9 and i have weighed as much as as 270. i have a 'dunlap' on my belly. i have what my daughter calls 'flubber' from weight loss. my belly is big. i've lost weight, but i'm still a big girl. i am attractive. i'd share my picture if i knew how. but you know what? YOU are the one that is unattractive.
    Last edited by msdeb; May 31st, 2007 at 10:27 PM.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's a little unfair, I think. We all vary in what we find attractive. If I'm only attracted to dark guys & not blond guys, does that make me unattractive or does it only apply if the issue is extra fat?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hey most of the crowd I run with likes guys with some meat on em

.. then again, we're really hot and not driving around in a McFatScooter.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. then again, we're really hot and not driving around in a McFatScooter.
    does that come with the upsized Happy Meal??
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Just put it in the feedbag.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I apologize for this, but I really don't know who you think I was referring to in my post. I wasn't referring to any post here, but to life in general. I often hear people talking about being concerned about the health of an obese person when they cringe when they walk by, not here on a message board but in real life. That was my only point, that I wish people would be more honest about why they are offended by obese people and not to make it seem like you're genuinely concerned about the health of someone you don't even know. I hope I clarified that, because my post was absolutely not intended towards any one person here, and if it was taken that way then I apologize.

And I have to say that I disagree about the anorexics/fat people thing. In real life, I really don't think it can be disputed that overweight people have it much, much harder than skinny women. I just don't think its acceptable to nag on any woman, period. I just want to see more women like themselves - fat, skinny, tall, short, I think we all need to see past the exterior.

And I must say, that I think obesity is linked to addiction and a chemical brain imbalance. In this way, I think obese people need our help and care just the way an alcoholic or a drug addict would in our society. People often say that drunks or junkies don't know what their doing when they are around their drug of choice, that it controls their life. I think its much the same with many obese people. I see several people who sypathize with anorexics and their plight while thinking that obese people are gross. I don't see what the difference is.
    Oh, no, no need to apologize, stand up and back your convictions. I admire you and anyone for that. I guess maybe saying they are concerned for their health is a more PC way of saying they look awful. However, seeing someone obese may very well put health concerns in the minds of some people. Take smoking for example, some might say it looks ugly, while others might say I wonder what that persons lungs look like. Seeing someone obese could have a similar reaction, like "candidate for heart failure".

I just find it hard to believe there's some fat epidemic going on, or that all these obese people have some sort of fat gene. I realize there is some medical link to some that are overweight and can sympathize with them, same with those that can't gain weight. I'm sure it sucks to be called all sorts of names when they can't help it. I've also noticed here people are more overweight than any country I've been to. My husband came here from Europe for the first time and couldn't believe how huge people are. I don't know what the solution is, it's up to the individual really, the answers are looking them straight back in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    And I must say, that I think obesity is linked to addiction and a chemical brain imbalance. In this way, I think obese people need our help and care just the way an alcoholic or a drug addict would in our society. People often say that drunks or junkies don't know what their doing when they are around their drug of choice, that it controls their life. I think its much the same with many obese people. I see several people who sypathize with anorexics and their plight while thinking that obese people are gross. I don't see what the difference is.
    God, I've tried to stay away from these posts, as they're so polarizing and people can really get their feelings hurt. I'm not a fatty, and I'm not anorexic. I'm middle of the road, but I'm tall, so I can pull off a few pounds a little easier than other people I know. I try not to be derogatory about weight in general, but I will say that I don't personally find a naked, obese body, attractive. Same goes for an naked, emaciated body. I am more drawn to bad clothing choices on people than I am their body size, but that's just me. I can't honestly say that I pay attention to people's sizes unless something really obvious draws my attention.

But what was posted about addiction is right on. Not saying all overweight people are addicted, but food can be an addiction. It works just like other addictions. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a large majority of obese people have food addictions. Addictions spark chemical reactions in the brain and the brain actually creates new pathways. If you're eating (or doing most anything to excess) to drown out unhappiness or depression, or as a way to deal with stress, or to avoid your life, or whatever, your brain will make the connection that that is something you can do to make yourself feel better (simplistic terms). As time goes on, an addiction is formed and it's really hard to break, as anyone who's ever struggled with drug or alcohol addiction will tell you.

A lot of people probably don't believe this, and that's fine, but there's hard research out there that supports this, in the field of addiction research if you're willing to look. I think most people would be surprised at what people can become addicted to. It's not just alcohol and drugs - there are process addictions too (such as gambling or shopping or sex). I would think that among almost all of the addictions that food would be the worse. And I for one can't imagine being addicted to something that I need to consume to keep me alive. Most of the other addictions out there, you don't have to do to stay alive. You have to eat.

I'm not saying that people aren't responsible for themselves. What I am saying is that maybe it's not always about them wanting that twinkie because they're a glutton. And I don't believe that it's always genetics or a medical condition either. But there are other options out there besides gluttonous pig, lazy, etc.

You're all bitter jealous fatties.

It's like that old argument used against people who claim homosexuality is a choice - why would they CHOOSE such a life of abuse and heartache?
    Well, being gay isn't a choice, so they don't choose and orientation that sets them up for abuse. Obese people can make the choice to eat healthier and exercise.

Oh yes

moi? bitter? GIMME ME MY QUARTER POUNDER BACK BITCH!!!!!!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am a bitter jealous fattie too. haha
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Gold Member

I can't get pass the fact that this heffa give me bubble guts, AND she posed nude on some mags cover. Come to think of it, I thought they were trying to shift her ass back into the Pacific Ocean anyway.

Gold Member

NO I don't find fat, fatty, and overly fat people attractive. They dimple and sweat everywhere, smell sour, complain then super size, sleep sitting up or stop breathing, the fattest are always in the smallest vehicles and clothes. My list goes on and on but fyck it, I quit.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information