Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Angelina Jolie's real reason for C-Section? Herpes?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Re: Angelina Jolie's real reason for C-Section? Herpes?

I was a breech birth, something my mother reminded me of more than needed. Apparently, it's incredibly painful and a bit dangerous to both baby and mother. Of course, we're talking a number of years ago...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Yes my mom told me too about it. Back then where my mom is from, still a very shitty poor country, anyway she said when the mother was pushing the baby and the mid-wife see the leg emerging, they would light a match, blow it off and then with its heat touch the baby's leg so he/she will pull back his leg. according to mid-wives the more they do it, the child rotates and change his position!!!! i know this sound sooo ridiculious but imagine me being fed with such info everytime my mom talk about breech deliveries.

Elite Member

This is my thinking and I know it may be bad, but I'm being honest here. I've always thought that if I were to have kids and I ended up with all kinds of stretch marks, I'd DEFINITELY want to get a tummy tuck. It's sort of something I anticipate and I'd do it in a heartbeat. So I've thought, if I ever got pregnant, I wouldn't mind a C-Section, because either way, I'll probably get all that excess skin and the c-section scar removed anyway. I know 3 women who've had tummy tucks after having kids and they said they were happy with the results. Also, I've had friends and co-workers tell me that since childbirth, they've gotten incontinence and that intercourse is not always the same after a vaginal birth. That does worry me a bit. If I'm going to release drops of urine evertime I sneeze or cough (like a few co-workers have told me happens to them) or I'm going to get a shitty sex-life after I have a kid, the hell with it, cut my stomach and take my kid out that way! That's the only reason I think a lot of celebrities may want c-sections--they're going to get tummy tucks anyway and they may not want to ruin the plumbing down there. It may sound vain but it is a valid medical possibility. My cousin had to have an actual surgery down there because she couldn't hold her pee anymore. I've had 2 former boyfriends who said sex after their ex-wives gave birth definitely went downhill too. It wasn't the same for one of the former wives who complained about it 'not feeling the same' and the other guy I dated said it did feel different for him after his wife had her 2nd baby.

Anway, point I'm making is that the average person doesn't go around showing her stomach or nude body, but celebrities do...they come out in movies and pose in skimpy clothes. A lot of them get plastic surgery too. So I'm thinking they must think along these lines too. I'm sure that's why 'some' get c-sections without hesitation.
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; June 16th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    My husband and his older brother were born breech. Ass-first thought, not feet!

No kidding. I joke that it's a sign that from the moment he came out the whole world could kiss his ass as far as he was concerned!

Reasons vary, but in his mom's case I think it was because of a slightly tilted uterus. I think that's what she was told anyway.
    Sure, that's what she *told* you, obviously she had herpes!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizma
    Yes my mom told me too about it. Back then where my mom is from, still a very shitty poor country, anyway she said when the mother was pushing the baby and the mid-wife see the leg emerging, they would light a match, blow it off and then with its heat touch the baby's leg so he/she will pull back his leg. according to mid-wives the more they do it, the child rotates and change his position!!!! i know this sound sooo ridiculious but imagine me being fed with such info everytime my mom talk about breech deliveries.
    Seriously messed up shit!! And it worked??

Elite Member

I've heard of that karizma. My neighbor told me that her son was almost born breech too. At the last minute they turned him but she said it hurt like hell and that she screamed bloody murder. She's filipina and this was back in the Phillippines.. The doctor had to literally stick his entire hand up there and try and turn him. Luckily it worked, but she said it hurt like a mofo.

Silver Member

Let me start by saying that I've had 3 kids, so I know what I write.

In todays world, chances are that if your baby is in a breech presentation - then you will have a c-section. Very few ob-gyns have the experience needed to turn babies when labour has already started, i.e. turn the baby in-utero.

Ob-byns are always checking the babies position as the mom gets closer to her due date. If the baby is in a breech position, then they will tell moms-to-be to lie upside down in a recline position for a certain amount of time on a daily basis to see if that makes the baby turn by itself. If the mom is close to her due date, say around 38 weeks, they may try to turn the baby from the outside. If they try this manouver, it is done in an operating room, in case the baby does into distress and has to have an emergency c-section.
    If the baby is still in a breech position and it is 39+ weeks, then they will schedule a c-section.

By the by, never ever assume that a c-section is easier than a v-birth. Sure, v-births are no walk in the park but a c-section is major surgery. There are something called Kegel excercises which can help to get everything down there back in shape.

Elite Member

C-sections are not easier. The recovery time is indeed longer and it's very painful recovering from them. But, c-sections are so common nowadays that we all know at least one woman who has had one. Even though neither method is better or worse, a c-section doesn't put as much distress on the pelvic wall as as a vaginal birth would.

Kegels are good. I'm glad you mentioned those. My cousin did those for a year or two after her daughter was born. But she still opted for the sugery down there. For some women, the pelvic muscles are so damaged that no amount of kegel excercises will cure their incontence or sexual frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by kdkonrath
    Seriously messed up shit!! And it worked??
    According to them yes it did

PrettyGirl, i have heard about the sticking his hand in and rotating the baby by himself as well. And yes they told me it was so painful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information