Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie reveals how she and Brad Pitt started to screw around

Quote Originally Posted by SlimandSexxy View Post
    how do you explain women like me who don't fall into any of those two categories, yet am strongly opinionated about the topic?. Plus, I do not come from a broken home, my parents have been happily married going on 3 decades.
    I'm not here to "explain" jack shit. And if you're admitting that you're freakishly opinionated about this particular topic, then that's your problem, not mine to explain.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I'm not here to "explain" jack shit. And if you're admitting that you're freakishly opinionated about this particular topic, then that's your problem, not mine to explain.

Geez, calm the fuck down, it's not that serious. Did I touch a raw nerve, dayummmmm!

My raw nerve? Are you sure you're not talking about your own? Cuz I'm not worked up at all.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I do hate it when people say "if your marriage is strong nothing will break it up" This is said by people who aren't married or haven't been married long. I have been married 35 years and have been faithful, HOWEVER if a man made a move on me at certain times of my marriage I probably would have cheated. Fortunately for me, my husband, and our marriage that did not occur. So yes, even good marriages can be broken up. Brad and Jen were at a rough time in their relationship and Angie took advantage of it. She has said she would never date a married man because her father did that to her mother, hmmnn. We don't know why they didn't have kids, I think Brad fell in love with Maddox first and Angie after.
    I agree with your whole post. Brad was at a vulnerable point in his marriage and Angelina took advantage of that. I'm not a hater or fan of either Jolie or Aniston, so I think I write this unbiasedly. But yeah, I do think she saw the oportunity and stepped in. I also agree that Brad fell in love with Maddox first. He seemed to desperately want a family. Angie had a ready made one. They are an exceptionally good looking couple, which generates tons of good will in our superficial society. Word to whoever said that if they were an ugly couple, attitudes toward them would not be as generous. Still, they are pretty to look at and their exploits entertain me. I can't get worked up much more than that over people I'll never know and don't care about. I am interested in how long it will last though. I say five years tops and that's being generous.

I agree with 5 years tops.
    Billy Bob was living with Laura Dern, they were planning to get married. She came home from being away working on a movie to find that Billy Bob had met and married Whorelina.
    I wouldn't trust her with a bag of her own shit, but I can't help being interested in her.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

I don't know - If they are happy, it's alright with me. Angelina has gotten really boring to me since the whole adoption-craze and Brad Pitt relationship started.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I am fascinated by the venom in this thread! It's clear that Angelina Jolie inspires rage like no other celebrity around. Personally, i love her. She is obviously a very complex person. She is stunningly beautiful, yet obviously deeply scarred and wounded on the inside. She has made horrific mistakes in her life, and has been tried and convicted in the court of media and public opinion. The people in her life she has trusted have let her down cruelly. She represents humanity to me--all that is beautiful and ugly and painful and joyful and good.

None of us knows for certain what happened with Angelina, Brad and Jennifer. It shocks me how willing some people are to categorically call her a whore. You denigrate all women when you lay the blame on the 'other woman' for the break-up of a marriage. There were 3 adults in this equation, all with free will.

Now i ask a question. What if you were married, happily even, and you met 'the one'--the one you knew you were waiting for, the one you should have waited for but didn't, because you thought you'd never find him? What if everything in your being and soul told you this was the person you were meant to be with. And what if he felt the same way? But he was married too.....

What would you do? What is the honorable thing?

Elite Member

It's not just up to the man to make a marriage work. It's also up to the wife to make the union work too!! It wasn't just HIS fault. Where do people get this notion that Jennifer Aniston was some innocent person in all this? No one knows that. No one knows how she is behind closed doors. No one knows how it's like to be married to her. Maybe she wasn't the perfect wife either. People keep saying Angelina's the 'saint' or that she's a 'whore'. To me it seems that a lot of people are making Jennifer the saint here when chances are she's probably got her own issues too.

As much as people want to put the blame on someone else, the main players were Jennifer and Brad. It could have been Brad, Jennifer and their baby. But there never was a baby. Jennifer could have made the marriage work too but I have a feeling she didn't really care anymore either. Jennifer was a woman of 36 who's clock was (and still is) obviously ticking, married to a man in his 40's who wanted children. What the hell was she waiting for? To hit 40 or 41 and then realize she can't have one? Jennifer's priority for years were 'Friends' and then the movie career she wanted to embark on. Forget trying to have a child and a movie career like a lot of actresses do. For her it must've been one or the other or she was unwilling to do both at the time. So she apparently put a lot of things above her marriage and her husband too. If I were married to someone like that, I'd be resentful if work for my spouse came before me. So to some degree, Jennifer also failed Brad. It wasn't just him failing her. They both failed each other.

If ever he leaves her for someone else I wonder if the tune around here will be as forgiving?

^It's hwood i'm sure there is a surprise waiting just around the corner.

edited cause i was too drunk to read
    Last edited by yoyoma; December 13th, 2006 at 05:22 AM.

I will sum up this discussion by say, "Angelina is a whore, Brad is a stupid puppet, and jennifer is boring."
    Last edited by pinkberry; December 13th, 2006 at 04:54 AM.

I like that Angelina is candid and doesn't try to sugar coat what she's feeling. She's being honest. That's refreshing compared to a lot of celebs who just blow sunshine up your ass.

Elite Member

Jen Aniston was a woman who in real life was involved in one of the most high-profile divorces in Hollywood history. Then she ironically makes a movie called 'The Breakup'. You think that was a coincidence? It was all premeditated and contrived! The woman was in soooo much 'pain' but yet she knew how to exploit her personal life for commercial gain in order to draw people to the box office to see her new movie! Then she ends up hooking up with her co-star when her divorce wasn't yet final either. Yeah, that was really respectful. It really gave her a lot of dignity.

Had Jennifer Aniston been in any REAL pain, she would've thought: "I'm not going to participate in any projects that are going to make light of this loss. This is a painful part of my life. I'm not going to do anything to make jest of my divorce. I refuse to feed the media frenzy in any way because to me it's NOT funny." She also wouldn't have screwed her own co-star and pranced all over Oprah and given exclusive interviews to magazines about the break-up of her marriage. She also would've kept her legs closed since she too was also still technically married. Two wrongs don't make a right. The very thing she condoned was the same thing she ended up doing...shagging a co-star while still married to someone else...and on top of it, using the media to launch her film career and giving herself some exposure. So, let's call a spade a spade...Jennifer Aniston was no better herself.

Wow so many people have long winded posts like they know exactly how these celebs think and feel! The Allison Dubois of the world look out!

Elite Member

^You do the same thing...we all 'think' we know how they think and feel and that's why they're called 'opinions'. When it's your point of view it's cool. When it's a differing point of view it's annoying. We should all be able to take it the way we dish it out.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information