Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Angelina Jolie doesn't want to be remembered as an actress

We need to set up a Porta Potty in this thread, just for Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by chiwawa21 View Post
    Voodoo (and all those who heroically defended her), please accept my sincerest apologies for my previous post. I totally mistook what you said...yes, it is blatantly obvious I am new at this...sorry.
    It's Ok, sweetie. Now let's get back to gossiping!

Default A compromise perhaps?

So let me offer a *slight* compromise between Ang haters and defenders. Altruistic tendencies are a very common defense mechanism for people who suffered trauma in their childhoods. Because they didn't feel safe or protected, they will go to GREAT LENGTHS to attempt to 'save' others. This means that a) they want to become a Great Mother who will protect their children from all harm and b) they feel that if they can help other people enough it will somehow magically take away the pain and trauma that they experienced.

Judging from things I've read about Angelina, this seems to be the case. I don't think she is bullshi**ing people about her desires to help children. She's just convinced of something that isn't particularly rational or helpful to her well being and others'. Added to her pathological need to shock people (not just get attention, she has to SHOCK), and her actions do come off as slightly obnoxious but are nonetheless sincere. And I am NOT suggested that people just feel sorry for her and leave her alone. Actually, the opposite. Angelina has plenty of resources to get herself the best mental health care in the world and the power as a celebrity to bring attention to the cause of mental health care (which would SHOCK people! Think about it Ang!), so f*** her for being too proud to admit she has problems.

And btw, I am soooo not a Jen fan. Jen's psyche isn't even worth analyzing. It's just: horseface + bland = desperate. Laaaaame!!!

Grimmlok - speaking of Jen, what was the danger to migrating birds comment about? I feel like I'm missing a really really good joke here
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    So let me offer a *slight* compromise between Ang haters and defenders. Altruistic tendencies are a very common defense mechanism for people who suffered trauma in their childhoods. Because they didn't feel safe or protected, they will go to GREAT LENGTHS to attempt to 'save' others. This means that a) they want to become a Great Mother who will protect their children from all harm and b) they feel that if they can help other people enough it will somehow magically take away the pain and trauma that they experienced.

Judging from things I've read about Angelina, this seems to be the case. I don't think she is bullshi**ing people about her desires to help children. She's just convinced of something that isn't particularly rational or helpful to her well being and others'. Added to her pathological need to shock people (not just get attention, she has to SHOCK), and her actions do come off as slightly obnoxious but are nonetheless sincere. And I am NOT suggested that people just feel sorry for her and leave her alone. Actually, the opposite. Angelina has plenty of resources to get herself the best mental health care in the world and the power as a celebrity to bring attention to the cause of mental health care (which would SHOCK people! Think about it Ang!), so f*** her for being too proud to admit she has problems.

And btw, I am soooo not a Jen fan. Jen's psyche isn't even worth analyzing. It's just: horseface + bland = desperate. Laaaaame!!!

Grimmlok - speaking of Jen, what was the danger to migrating birds comment about? I feel like I'm missing a really really good joke here
    Angelina had a pretty good mother. All of us had crap childhoods and we didn't become junkies with a bunch of tattoos, sleeping with our brothers and carrying vials of blood around our necks and then trying to redeem ourselves by pretending to be a saint. Sorry. I hereby reject your theory.

Angelina just wants attention.

These Angelina threads are what made me want to start posting here. If you had read the whole article she makes it clear that she is very thankful to acting for giving her the money and fame to allow her to help people all over the world she would just like to be remembered as someone who helped people and not as a character in a movie. Is that a bad thing? I wouldn't think so. Is she a saint? No but she is a much better person than I am in that she is at least getting off her butt and doing something in the world. I'm lucky to get out of bed in the morning.

Oh and someone can have the best parents in the world and still turn into a junkie. Are we a society that doesn't say hey it's great someone got off drugs and got their life in order? As for the tats, why are they the stamp of someone who is f'd up?

Quote Originally Posted by chiwawa21 View Post
    Voodoo (and all those who heroically defended her), please accept my sincerest apologies for my previous post. I totally mistook what you said...yes, it is blatantly obvious I am new at this...sorry.
    No probs at all. I must admit I did have a bit of a*whatchoo talking bout Willis* moment there for a moment!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information