Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie disses Shiloh and admits Brad Pitt knocked her up

Silver Member

But at least they are doing something positive. I don't hear anyone on this thread questioning why obscenely rich rappers don't give money to Africa -- apparently only people who actually give things are viciously attacked. Talk about a double standard.
    They only do charity work for publicity and not because they genuinely want to help others, remember?

It's great to help people in need. The one thing I liked about that whole dreary "Shiloh's a Blob" article was when Angelina talked about donating medical equipment to a hospital that needed it. I also remember I thought it was cool a few years ago when she adopted Maddox;I could tell there was a deep connection between the two. I wish she could have stopped with adopting Maddox, because that seems to have triggered her Humanitarian Craze, which got old quickly.

I agree ,PB, whether Angelina's a vacuous celeb or not, she's commended for helping people in need. But why does she have to talk about it all the time? Plenty of celebrities help the needy without bragging about it. And by the way, PB, Brad is not Angelina's "hubby". They're just shacking.

I don't think she accidently became pregnant. I may have missed it, but I have never heard from either of them that this baby was an accident. I have nothing to base my opinion on, other than a guess, but I think Brad and Angelina discussed wanting children and she/they decided to have their baby.

Here's what she said: On coming clean on the "surprise" baby Shiloh:
    "You could say he changed me. I wasn't planning on getting pregnant. I'm the one that got knocked up!"
    I interpret "surprise" and "I wasn't planning on getting pregnant" as her way of saying "accident". Please note that I said "I interpret" - that in no way implies that I personally KNOW her or look up her ass to read her mind, nor is it an implication of anyone else doing so...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well, even if all of Angelina's humanitarian work, help, money, donations, etc. are done just for the sake of her own publicity (which I highly doubt) at least people are benefitting from what she does. Who cares what her reasons are? It doesn't really seem to matter considering we're talking about human lives here.

And I'm actually glad that she doesn't keep it hush hush. There are plenty of copycat celebs out there (like Madonna, for one) who are loaded. Let them jump on the bandwagon to help these people out. It's win/win really-- the celebs get the attention and adoration they so crave, and the poor get food, medical attention, housing, and a better life. Sounds good to me.

I was actually officially neutral on AJ but if I had to choose, I would've said I like her.
    I always thought her adoptions and everything else she does is genuine.
    I still think it's genuine, only now, after her FREAKING BIZARRE comments about Shiloh, I think it's comes from a neurotic place of dysfunction.
    She's mentally off; anyone who would say such a thing is off......agree with the others; she got mad at her Dad for his public comments about her, and yet she's doing the SAME EXACT THING to her daughter.
    I wonder if she even CONSIDERS Shiloh HER daughter, since no one "approved" it, as in Maddox and Zahara...?
    I think she has a lot of insecurity, fear, and guilt there that would prevent a normal bond with her biological child.
    I already THOUGHT something was "off" when I saw those pictures in Hello, the first pics of Shiloh. AJ had nothing in her face....I think she cannot relate to Shiloh AT ALL - heck, she's probably jealous of her!!!!!

I think she cannot relate to Shiloh AT ALL - heck, she's probably jealous of her!!!!!
    If she's not now, she probably will be. I read in a tabloid that she was upset that Brad was paying more attention to Shiloh. Grain of salt, sure. I think the balance of fairness between the children is going to be even more pronounced as they get older. Shiloh will get a lot of attention. The other two, not as much. This situation has already happened with the wax exhibit, where Maddoz and Zahara were nowhere to be seen and Shiloh at the forefront. I think Angelina will try to redress this in the home, perhaps even discriminating against Shiloh. The situation they have would be hard for anyone. But for someone with as many mental issues as she has, I can't help but think those kids are going to come out very emotionally damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1288 View Post
    They only do charity work for publicity and not because they genuinely want to help others, remember?
    http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/v...p?id=3f94ff664 She works for the UN, remember? As have a number of other celebs.

And if it's only free publicity they wanted, judging by the comments on this thread, I'd say that's backfired. Trust me, nobody takes on that UN job just for the publicity. It's too much work.

I have no use for either Pitt or Jolie. But saying she's only doing this job for the publicity is overlooking the real amount of work involved. Even if she does get publicity, so do the needs of kids in Third World countries. But I guess that's not as important as bashing her, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1288 View Post
    Yeah I get kind of concerned with the whole "moving around a lot" thing with the kids too.
    They probably move around as much as the average army/air force brat. Most rich people travel a lot, with or without their kids. Jolie's UN gig involves a lot of travel by definition.

^^^ True. And you know people would bitch if they left the kids at home with nannies.

Can you tell me just one thing that has happened as a result of Ms. Jolie's so-called humanitarianism. I mean something tangible, not just that she met with some prime minister and it is trumpeted by People magazine which is based in her ass. She basically goes and takes pictures and flies in with her private jets etc and nannies etc. Afterwards they are all written off as tax write-offs and nothing changes. If you need Jolie to make you aware of issues in the world, then you are as dimwitted as she is. Watch the news, and get educated about issues. CNN and legitimate media organizations do not follow your so-called Idols every move, she is not doing anything that isn't being done by other celebs "quietly", but she feels the special need to be patted on the back at every turn. What makes what she does so great when compared to any other celeb. Infact hers even disgusts me the more because you can see through her motives. I would not give her a gold star for humanitarianism, infact I'd give it to people like Denzel Washington and his now ex-wife who have been supporting the men and boys clubs of AMerica for the longest time, both with their time and money, and have NEVER felt the need to trumpet their every move to people gagazine.

I hate to break it to you, but her so called UN missions are only known really to gossip mongers. It does not make the evening news. Nothing changes because she goes and does a photo-op with poor people. In fact,. after the photo op, she goes back to living in her $10000 a day hotel, and the so-called poor people return to their everyday lives. SHe is not on Capitol Hill, the United Nations is corrupt anyhow. Trust me, she is no 'real' humanitarian.

And when you talk of "slimandsexxy won", WTF do you mean??? What am I winnning by slamming an overexposed, attention seeking, graitification needing celeb for their using humanitarianism to get over their past sins.

Silver Member

And if it's only free publicity they wanted, judging by the comments on this thread, I'd say that's backfired. Trust me, nobody takes on that UN job just for the publicity. It's too much work.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    They probably move around as much as the average army/air force brat. Most rich people travel a lot, with or without their kids. Jolie's UN gig involves a lot of travel by definition.
    Maybe - but growing up as a brat, we moved every 1 1/2 years to 2 years, not a new place every month or so. Either way - it is still difficult to move as a child as you are always leaving friends and you don't feel like you have a 'true' home. Most of this seems to carry over to when the child is an adult. While there are pluses like getting to see new places and meet new people, kids still need stability and moving isn't going to give them that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/v...p?id=3f94ff664 She works for the UN, remember? As have a number of other celebs.

I have no use for either Pitt or Jolie. But saying she's only doing this job for the publicity is overlooking the real amount of work involved. Even if she does get publicity, so do the needs of kids in Third World countries. But I guess that's not as important as bashing her, is it?
    IAWTC pacific breeze...thank you for being rational.

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I second that.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no rationality allowed on St. Ange boards!!! I wanna see Tar and Feathers!!!

Thread Information