Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

  1. #1
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,606

    Default Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Hollywood hardman RUSSELL CROWE insists he doesn't have a bad temper - blaming his violent streak on his masculinity.

    The CINDERELLA MAN star, who admitted to throwing a telephone at a hotel concierge in a fit of rage last June (05), claims it's natural for men to need to express anger in a physical way.

    He says, "I'm just a bloke. I don't think I'm quick to anger at all." Crowe adds he and wife DANIELLE were the ones in need of protection from unruly paparazzi outside the courtroom when his assault hearing took place in New York late last year (05).
    He says, "Did you see the footage of walking into the court building? "Two hundred and fifty people and no controls. Absolutely barbaric.
    "My wife got pushed, shoved and whacked with cameras.
    "And I'm the one whose there for assault and having a temper?"

    Female First

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    Hollywood hardman RUSSELL CROWE insists he doesn't have a bad temper - blaming his violent streak on his masculinity.

    The CINDERELLA MAN star, who admitted to throwing a telephone at a hotel concierge in a fit of rage last June (05), claims it's natural for men to need to express anger in a physical way.
    What a cop out! Unfortunately Russell doesn't realize that some men are like this and we have laws that deal with them. Most men are civil towards women because they know it's the gentlemanly thing to do. The reason I think this guy does it is because 1) he's a celebrity and 2) he knows he can get away with it and often does.

    I used to wonder how his wife even tolerates him, but then again, we all know she's a cold fish and probably sees no harm in what he does. I don't doubt he slaps her around at home too.

    I've always hated him. He can't act, he can't sing and he's definitely THE most unattractive man I've ever laid eyes on in a business based on looks. The fact that he has the personality of a stick seals it for me. Yuck!

  3. #3
    Elite Member CherryDarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Little Detroit
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Yeah...he doesn't have a temper. Whatever. This guy is the poster child for tantrums. Other than his performance in A Beautiful Mind, I really think he's overrated.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

  4. #4
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! ourmaninBusan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the new casino
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    One of these days someone who can really fight will put his face
    through a plate glass window when he "expresses his masculinity."
    And then his career will be over.

    (Kind of like when Chuck Zito, former Hell's Angel, decked Jean-Claude
    VanDamme in Scores back in the mid-90s.)

    ♫` ∴|| ~∞≠∝ ♫♪ $ -4C

  5. #5
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    What a cop out! Unfortunately Russell doesn't realize that some men are like this and we have laws that deal with them. Most men are civil towards women because they know it's the gentlemanly thing to do. The reason I think this guy does it is because 1) he's a celebrity and 2) he knows he can get away with it and often does.

    I used to wonder how his wife even tolerates him, but then again, we all know she's a cold fish and probably sees no harm in what he does. I don't doubt he slaps her around at home too.

    I've always hated him. He can't act, he can't sing and he's definitely THE most unattractive man I've ever laid eyes on in a business based on looks. The fact that he has the personality of a stick seals it for me. Yuck!
    Um, where does it say he wasn't civil towards women? The article just mentions a man at whom he threw a phone.

    And I SERIOULY DOUBT he hits Danielle. I was a hard-core Russell fan for a while a few years ago (at the peak of my fandom, let's say), so I've read/seen pleeeeenty of Russell interviews/footage. He's no wife-beater, just extremely passionate and quite volatile. And you know what? I don't fear him, and I'm not intimidated by him. As a matter of fact, I'd be overjoyed to work with him! Cuz you know what? He's a damn fine actor, one of the industry's best. And, believe you me, I'm a real tough critic, so you know it's true!

    Here's my dirty little secret, by the way: I determine whether or not I "like" or "dislike" a celebrity based on their appearance on Conan O'Brien. For me, Conan is the litmus test because, well, I just think Conan O'Brien is a fabulous human being, who can hate him? Anybody who's an asshole or a fake bitch on the Conan O'Brien show is definitely one in real life. And since RC was silly and funny and just a regular guy when I saw him for the first time (and each time since then), I have decided that he is in fact a decent human being. But a human being, nonetheless, and we're all flawed!

  6. #6
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Russell Crowe is an over-rated, spoilt, pretentious, aggressive, vain, arrogant wanker. Apart from that he's OK.
    His wife is up the duff again so no doubt we will have all sorts of dramas.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnt be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Um, where does it say he wasn't civil towards women? The article just mentions a man at whom he threw a phone.

    And I SERIOULY DOUBT he hits Danielle.
    To be honest, I judge people by how I see them act publically. If he's that abusive outside of the home, I'm going to assume he has the temper to be that way behind a closed door. Perhaps that's wrong of me, but that's the way it is. The guy has thrown people up against walls, spit at them, hurled phones at them, etc., etc., etc. Do you really think he doesn't have the capacity to be violent otherwise? I sure do. The phone incident is just one in a long list of many over time. The guy is a dick, plain and simple.

    Granted, I have flaws, but nothing as serious as this guy.

  8. #8
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    To be honest, I judge people by how I see them act publically. If he's that abusive outside of the home, I'm going to assume he has the temper to be that way behind a closed door. Perhaps that's wrong of me, but that's the way it is. The guy has thrown people up against walls, spit at them, hurled phones at them, etc., etc., etc. Do you really think he doesn't have the capacity to be violent otherwise? I sure do. The phone incident is just one in a long list of many over time. The guy is a dick, plain and simple.

    Granted, I have flaws, but nothing as serious as this guy.
    Maybe. But I haven't worked with him, and I don't know him, so I can't call him a dick and truly mean it.* As far as throwing somebody up against a wall: I wasn't there, and we all know how tabloids like to exaggerate (if you're talking about the BAFTA incident). And, yeah, I also take into account public appearances/actions (like speeches, the red carpet, etc.). But ain't Conan O'Brien a public appearance as well?

    I guess if anything, I'll call him brutish. He raises cattle, he loves his mum, and he writes love songs, and he wears his dead grandfather's medal to the Oscars. And yet, he throws phones at people and gets into brawls at pubs? Taking these things into account, I guess, when all's said and done, I'll call him... complex.

    *besides, if he were a real dick, he never would have allowed his personal assistant to give me-- some random, unknown industry outsider-- the assistant's cell phone number back in Austin in 2000, back when I wanted to pitch an idea to him. sadly, he hurt his shoulder during filming and I wasn't able to get my proposal to him in time. **

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    He does have a pretty well-known reputation on set for being difficult to work with. I can only go by what I read/hear the majority of people saying. They can't all have it wrong. The tabloids may report it (and sometimes they're right on the money about things), but you can't deny he hasn't gone to court for some of it. If it never happened, why would it get that far? I'm sure there are many out there with anger management issues that still love their Moms and maybe even raise cattle. It doesn't mean they don't have it in them to strike out. It's even been noted that Danielle has called him on his fiery temper. Maybe I am the only one who finds him that way so this is strictly my opinion, but until I see a pleasant guy who does his job and simply poses for a pic without lashing out at somebody or has his mug in the paper every second week because he exploded at somebody, my opinion will stay the same. Even the posters upthread seem to agree that he's an ass.

    Although I admit the close call you had talking to him was indeed a very nice gesture on his part, it still doesn't prove the guy isn't the most tempermental twit in the business. You're obviously a fan of his though and I can appreciate that. I'd certainly go to bat for someone whose work I enjoy as well.

  10. #10
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    Although I admit the close call you had talking to him was indeed a very nice gesture on his part, it still doesn't prove the guy isn't the most tempermental twit in the business. You're obviously a fan of his though and I can appreciate that. I'd certainly go to bat for someone whose work I enjoy as well.
    Wow, Elisa. Again, I totally see your point, and I don't discount it at all. We just keep continuing to agree to disagree, don't we?

    Yep, I'm a fan. Totally. But I'm not blind. Yes, he is brutish. Yes, he acts like a wanker. And, yes, if I were his wife, his behavior would probably sometimes embarass me. But, then again, I'd probably tell him "Stop acting like an asshole" and give him as good as he gives others, heh heh.

    And, no, Elisa, you're not the only one to think he's an ass. I simply have the ability to look past that and see the man himself. Ok, sorta, since I don't know him. And from what I've heard, from crew and actors, is that Russell is a good man to work with. And since he does call "Bullshit" when he sees it (same as me, which is why, I guess, I can't find fault with that), that's probably earned him a bit of a reputation. So, if you're a director or writer or actor of mediocre talent, watch out! Russell ain't gonna be "nice" to you!

    ps
    i guess i also like russell so much because he's the anti-Hollywood leading man, the exact opposite of all that is Tom Hanks, heh heh. he is without pretension, and he hates it in others. me, too...

  11. #11
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Yeah, right he's just an ordinary bloke. If he's so ordinary, why is it that phone-tossing and tantrum-throwing is not considered just everyday behavior? I know some ordinary blokes, and they don't act like this.

  12. #12
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    ^^ He's just an ordinary Aussie bloke!

  13. #13
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    He was instrumental in closing down a whole movie because of his 'artistic differences' with the (female) director. I am talking about Eucalyptus. A multi-million dollar set was built in outback Australia providing a well-deserved economic break to the local community. Nicole Kidman was booked. Geoffrey Rush was booked. A whole crew was booked. Then our Russell started bitching about the script, wanting to make his own 'interpretation', and basically being such a difficult asshole that the producers called his bluff and cancelled the whole damn movie. It probably didn't bother Nicole and Geoff (or Russell) as they had other projects lined up. But the crew was mighty pissed off because they have to schedule themselves sometimes years in advance and they suddenly found themselves unemployed for several months. The local community, which had invested a lot of time, money and energy in providing the infrastructure and facilities for a major movie shoot was left high and dry. And all because one Up Himself Actor decided that the movie was not worthy of his 'craft'. I disliked him before this happened, now I detest him.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnt be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  14. #14
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    ^^ It wasn't just RC's fault. You said the producers "called his bluff." They're to blame, too. They simply could have recast Russell, right? Why'd the whole project have to be scrapped? Don't make sense to me, just fire his ass if you have a problem with him! It happens all the time. And I'd like to read what he had a problem with, and I'd like to know what his suggestions were, before I agree with you, A*O.

  15. #15
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: Russell Crowe doesn't have a temper

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    And, no, Elisa, you're not the only one to think he's an ass. I simply have the ability to look past that and see the man himself. Ok, sorta, since I don't know him.
    And without a bit of sarcasm I say that's a wonderful characteristic to have. I, unfortunately, don't have it. Impressions are impressions and I don't have a good one of him obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    So, if you're a director or writer or actor of mediocre talent, watch out! Russell ain't gonna be "nice" to you!
    But who died and made him the one who determines who is deemed worthy? There are a lot of better actors out there than him and a lot of directors who could break his career if they refuse to work with him. Personally, I consider him only a mediocre actor at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    i guess i also like russell so much because he's the anti-Hollywood leading man, the exact opposite of all that is Tom Hanks, heh heh. he is without pretension, and he hates it in others. me, too...
    I'm not a Tom Hanks fan either, but I do appreciate some human decency in the business. God knows they earn enough off of us fans for us to have to put up with an attitude like his!

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    He was instrumental in closing down a whole movie because of his 'artistic differences' with the (female) director.
    I rest my case!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Russell Crowe Welcomes Baby Boy
    By Tater Tot in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
  2. The real Russell Crowe
    By pacific breeze in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
  3. Russell Crowe doesn't like to be upstaged
    By Elvira in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 16th, 2006, 07:37 PM
  4. Russell Crowe to be Father Agagin
    By browneyedgirly in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 5th, 2005, 10:04 AM
  5. Russell Crowe escapes jail
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 19th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •