Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp to star in 'Wuthering Heights' remake?

Default Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp to star in 'Wuthering Heights' remake?

Hollywood megastars Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie are to star in a Yorkshire blockbuster of Wuthering Heights. The Emily Bronte 1847 classic, set on the isolated Top Withens area of the Yorkshire Moors above Haworth, is the inspiration behind a new, lavish depiction of the gripping Victorian tale. Film chiefs have told the Yorkshire Evening Post 'off the record' that the deal has been done to bring two of the film industry's biggest stars to Yorkshire. Film scouts are understood to have been combing the Yorkshire area in the last 10 days to find the perfect film locations to film the wild, passionate scenes between two of the world's hottest stars, who will play Heathcliff and Cathy, two of the literary world's greatest romantic figures.

They are rumoured to start filming next year and could be in Yorkshire for six months, along with a huge crew and cast. The lid is being kept on details of the deal. Depp, 42, who is a lover of the Bronte's literary works, once said during an interview: "Am I a romantic? I've seen Wuthering Heights 10 times. I'm a romantic." Jolie, 30, who is expecting Brad Pitt's child, and has just finished filming the Good Shepherd, is known for her campaigning work abroad for poverty-stricken children. Jolie has adopted two children, for whom it is expected that Brad Pitt will become an adoptive dad.

Wuthering Heights is the story of the tangled passion which grips Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff. It relates to the lives of the Earnshaws, a family of farmers.
    One day Mr Earnshaw returns from a trip to the city bringing with him a ragged little boy called Heathcliff. Earnshaw's son, Hindley, resents the child, but Heathcliff becomes companion and soulmate to Hindley's sister, Catherine. After her parents die, Cathy and Heathcliff grow up wild and free on the Moors and despite the continued enmity between Hindley and Heathcliff they are happy, until Cathy meets Edgar Linton, the son of a wealthy neighbour.

Kaye Elliott, Production Liaison Manager at Screen Yorkshire said: "There are often rumours of this nature, we are unable to deny or confirm anything at the moment." Screen Yorkshire is the strategic agency for film, broadcast and digital media in the Yorkshire and Humber region, encourages national and international film and TV companies to film in the region using its knowledge of the filming infrastructure to provide information on key facilities.
    Leeds Today and Oh No They Didn't!

Default Re: Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp to star in 'Wuthering Heights' remake?

Oh, Johnn'y woman will shred Angelina to pieces if she tries to pull another fast one.

Default Re: Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp to star in 'Wuthering Heights' remake?

I can certainly see Johnny as Heathcliff. Delightful to contemplate. Delicious, in fact.

Oh God please no. Don't let her wreck that movie. Johnny deserves better.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy
    Oh, Johnn'y woman will shred Angelina to pieces if she tries to pull another fast one.
    It will be interesting to see what happens. If she has sense, she will be like Melanie Griffith and live on that set! Brad might want to do the same.

What goes around cums around.

This could be quite the interesting pairing. I'd like to see this happen.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I'm glad they didn't consider Maniston

Good for Johnny!!! That's one of his favorite movies!! Aaaaawww! As for Angelina? I'm skeptical, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. I mean, she has been known to do good work. Back in the nineties...

I don't want Angelina in this movie but then I can't tell you who I do want either. The only one that comes to mind is maybe Monica Bellucci??

Oh please, stay the hell away from it! There's a perfect version already with two much more, naturally, gorgeous creatures> Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon both in their prime. Shit, don'tcha just hate Hollywood getting its greedy paws on everything just because they expect to make a buck rather than deliver a great movie?

http://www.geocities.com/caress06uk/screenshots.html
    http://members.tripod.com/~fiennes/bronte/whframes.html
    Last edited by HWBL; January 27th, 2006 at 03:46 AM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I bet Brad is shitting himself!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL
    Oh please, stay the hell away from it! There's a perfect version already with two much more, naturally, gorgeous creatures> Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon both in their prime. Shit, don'tcha just hate Hollywood getting its greedy paws on everything just because they expect to make a buck rather than deliver a great movie?

http://www.geocities.com/caress06uk/screenshots.html
    http://members.tripod.com/~fiennes/bronte/whframes.html

I totally agree with you, Hollyweird can be so annoying that way. Also Vanessa hold on tight to your man especially if he will be working with Angelina, I would be freaking out if I were her.

I think JD is classier than Brad and has some morals. (don't shoot me all at once!)

Silver Member

I think you are right on that one Voodoo. Brad seems like a child to me now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information