Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uma Thurman Disses Ethan Hawke?

SVZ

Default Uma Thurman Disses Ethan Hawke?

Is Uma Thurman's current squeeze everything Ethan Hawke was not? The ethereal actress takes an apparent dig at her ex-husband while talking up the finer points of hunky hotelier Andre Balazs, whom she's been dating for two years.

"Everyone constantly taunts you that rebound relationships aren't a good idea and that they don't work. But mine is working, surprisingly," Uma, 35, tells In Style (via the New York Daily News). She then added pointedly, "It's lovely to have a man in my life who's cute, intelligent, interesting and complicated, and very supportive."

As for her 2003 split from Hawke after five years and two children together (he has denied talk that his wandering eye doomed the romance), she's taking a decidedly lemonade-from-lemons approach to the union's unraveling, which became official last year.

"Something that was constructed got unconstructed," says Thurman. "But I feel grateful that the hard things have been survivable -- I've been able to learn from them and grow."

Now, she says, "I feel like I'm in the right place and in the right time with myself. Everyone I love is healthy and doing pretty well, and that is so crucial."

But that doesn't mean there isn't a wild oat or two that Uma still needs to sow. "By the time I was 27, when I had my daughter, I felt I had danced on every tabletop -- which I hadn't," she explains. "There are plenty of tabletops left. Should I wish to dance on them."

MSN

Default Re: Uma Disses Ethan?

It surprises me (and don't get me wrong I love Uma) but it surprises me of the amount of interviews she has done speaking of Ethan and no one has come down on her like a tonne of bricks. But Jen says one or two minor things and she is suddenly the BAD one. Can't work that one out.

Sometimes I think the majority of people stick up for Angelina because she is pleasing to the eye. For instance, when Charles played up with Camilla, the majority were shocked because Di was obviously better looking than ole Cam. They were shouting how could he when Di is so beautiful?

So I feel that if Angie wasn't supposedly this goddess, Jen would come out of this better off. Sorry but I do feel it is looks based no matter how shallow that may come across. Feel free to disagree.

^^ I agree
    Nope.

Thanks Barbara. Your probably the only one though apart from me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
    It surprises me (and don't get me wrong I love Uma) but it surprises me of the amount of interviews she has done speaking of Ethan and no one has come down on her like a tonne of bricks. But Jen says one or two minor things and she is suddenly the BAD one. Can't work that one out.

Sometimes I think the majority of people stick up for Angelina because she is pleasing to the eye. For instance, when Charles played up with Camilla, the majority were shocked because Di was obviously better looking than ole Cam. They were shouting how could he when Di is so beautiful?

So I feel that if Angie wasn't supposedly this goddess, Jen would come out of this better off. Sorry but I do feel it is looks based no matter how shallow that may come across. Feel free to disagree.
    You hit the nail on the head on that one, I couldn't agree with you more, I cannot believe how much Jen has been lambasted and vilified during this entire ordeal simply because what(?) she's not as good looking as Angie? And Jen has been blamed for so much, and all she's trying to do is get through her life in the public eye and people are saying what an ugly whinger she is, they are attacking her personally when it should be irrelevant what she looks like, but Angie is a saint because she is so beautiful. The media did the same thing with Michael Hutchence and Paula Geldof when he left Helena whatsername to be with Paula. It's really sad. And I am not taking sides here either!

I think there is a big difference when children are involved. The commitment is greater.. there isn't just a spouse to think about.

Prince Charles and Ethan Hawke had a wife and children to consider. They were both effecting three people, not one.

I've been a "Jen" and I have been a "Uma"...and the Uma stage was more difficult to get past because there are children forever tying the ex husband and I together.

Silver Member

Also, Uma waited a couple of years before discussing it in depth--once she had gained a solid perspective on her divorce. Jen's been talking about it while it was going on and her emotions were so raw that she comes across as extremely bitter. I don't think people would give Jen such a hard time if she had waited longer to discuss the divorce. Also, as far as I know, Uma hasn't called Ethan names in interviews. She's talked mostly about how the divorce affected her. Jen's said some unkind things about Brad, and name-calling (no matter how well-deserved) never looks good.

Bronze Member

I don't see what she said taht was so bad.

Huh? I don't recall any name calling, if you read the vanity fair article she was actually quite restrained and talked of how much she still loved him, the only thing she said that could even be remotely considered an insult is that Brad has a sensitivity chip missing. I'm not taking sides here, but I'm just amazed that she's considered to be unkind towards Brad based on a comment like that, or similar to that, that's so baseless...
    But if she did go out and bash Brad in public I'll eat my words....I haven't read anything yet that has been said that makes Jen deserve the tag of nasty cow just yet...

Voodoo I agree with you too.

Well, there was that dorky snipe at Brad's haircolor, which was childish (especially since it was for a movie role....), and the sensitivity thing... but I have to agree, Jen really took the high road, even if she did talk about the divorce more than some people would have liked. She went so far as to say that she believes him when he says he didn't cheat on her, and he's a good person.

I have no idea what Uma has said about Ethan, but I believe she did admit that he cheated on her. As for the above article, I don't really see how she's dissing him.... I don't think she's saying that her boyfriend is better than Ethan, just that she's lucky to be with someone great. It's not necessarily a comparison.

I don't think the Jen/Angelina thing is really about looks... there are plenty of people out there that think Jen is more attractive than Angelina. For me, it's about personality... Jen is about as boring as they come, and Angelina has fire, spunk, confidence, boldness (well, she used to... she's mellowed quite a bit, but it's lurking). That's way more attractive than... everyday ordinary Jen. But still, I have no hate for Jen and she's fine in my book.

I don't see where Uma said anything bad either. Just sounds like she wanted something that she is now getting from her new man that she didn't get from Ethan. Which isn't saying anything bad about him. Just that she wasn't satisfied and couldn't see it before he went out a banged some chick. We all do that afterwards. What did I do sort of crap and realise that we can do much better.

I don't think the swipe at the *Billy Idol* hair colour was childish. That is Jen. She is more of a comedy type actress and that probably spills over into her life somewhat.

I just don't think Jen can win. Now some are saying she should of waited for a few years to speak up? Oh heck I can just see that. The *knockers* would still come down hard on her.

I can't for the life of me see anything in print that makes Jen look whiny and or bitchy on the subject. I guess we all see what we want to see when we have our fav celebs.

If that was comedy, then she needs to try harder. A lot harder.

Bronze Member

I also don't think she meant any of that as a slight against Ethan. That is just how the media wants to swing it. The same happened with Jen although Uma did wait a long time to even say anything becasue she proabably realized saying something right away makes things alot more messy especially for her kids. In the beginning I think it is best to not say anything for a year so you can get perspective. They have been seperated for three years. Both Ethan and Uma have not said bad things about each other in fact the opposite, they have both recogonized they will love each other forever regardless of the split, but they do see each other a lot for the kids. Everything is different with children involved. The media will put Jen in the scorned catergory no matter what she says because people could only imagine what it must be like. But in the end you can't comapre Jen and Uma's situation. I mean Uma had a boy under two and a five year old girl when they split, and that is harder even than having your ex hook up and stars a family right away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information