Thread: More Golden Globes Gossip: Reese's dress wasn't vintage!!! Gasp!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default More Golden Globes Gossip: Reese's dress wasn't vintage!!! Gasp!!

Chanel managed to turn Reese Witherspoon into a fashion victim at the Golden Globes.
    Witherspoon, who won Best Actress for "Walk the Line," wore a white-and-silver "vintage" Chanel dress - only to find out it was a mere 3 years old and that Kirsten Dunst wore the same frock to Globes after-parties back in 2003. Whoops!

Witherspoon's rep, Nancy Ryder, is said to be so angry at Chanel for giving her a recently recycled gown that she's vowing not to accept anything from Chanel again - or let her other clients, including Jennifer Lopez and Renée Zellweger, wear anything from the French couture house.

Ryder said, "Reese was told the dress was vintage. It was not. I'm not angry - just a little disappointed, but the big deal is Reese won the Golden Globe."

Elsewhere at the Golden Globe awards:

* E! is said to be looking askance at its new red carpet commentator Isaac Mizrahi after he grabbed Teri Hatcher and Scarlett Johansson's breasts and asked Eva Longoria about her bikini wax. "It was odd and uncomfortable," sniffed one TV veteran.

* Melissa Rivers, on assignment for the TV Guide Channel, went ga-ga for a Globes goodie bag. Joan Rivers' daughter, who looks like she loves plastic surgery as much as mom does, tried to wheedle a bag, worth up to $60,000, from the staff at the Beverly Hilton. Quipped a wag, "One gift was a $1,000 certificate for plastic surgery - I wonder if that's why she wanted it so badly."

* At the Warner Bros./InStyle party, "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman danced for hours while clutching her statue, while Witherspoon, her hubby Ryan Phillipe and Patrick Dempsey sat glumly inside the NBC/Universal party, guarded by bodyguards. Harvey and Bob Weinstein's party, once the bash to be at, was sparsely attended this year, sources said.

* Longoria and Jamie Foxx showed up together at CAA's after-party at L.A. hot spot Chaya. But despite Internet reports of them tongue-kissing, Longoria's pals swear it never happened, and that lovely Longoria is still with San Antonio Spur Tony Parker.

But Longoria and Foxx were spotted later at Prince's post-post-Globes party at the pint-size funkster's Beverly Hills mansion. Prince played his guitar to the delight of partygoers while Sheila E. performed with a salsa band. Peter Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Sanaa Lathan, Terrence Howard, Chris Rock, Jessica Simpson and Adrian Brody were among the revelers.
    nypost.com
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: More Golden Globes Gossip: Reese's dress wasn't vintage!!! Gasp!!

Ughh, wearing Kirstens cast offs?! I'd be furious too!

i hope they bleached it in scalding hot water first...

The rep should be more concerned that the dress was so ugly.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Seriously!

And I thought that dress was SO unflattering--where the hell did her boobs go??
    Go Habs Go!!

why the hell are they given $60,000 goodie bags? on top of everything else they get for free, fucking outrageous.

I was very disappointed in that dress too. She usually looks perfect. It's not totally heinous. The style just did not look right on her. Neither did the color. She looked washed out.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    I was very disappointed in that dress too. She usually looks perfect. It's not totally heinous. The style just did not look right on her. Neither did the color. She looked washed out.
    The dress was hideous and and would not have looked good on anyone. I didn't understand the point of that weird metallic bodice. The white did not do any favors for her and she probably should have gone with something more traditional.

The picture I saw of her in the dress didn't look bad. That mighta been b/c it was next to a picture of Kirsten in the dress and Kirsten looked beyond awful.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira
    The rep should be more concerned that the dress was so ugly.
    So true.

Thread Information