Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Britney Depressed And Boozing

Default Britney Depressed And Boozing

Britney Spears is drinking and smoking again, chasing away the baby blues only three weeks after giving birth. Sources say the 23- year-old, who gained 40 pounds during her pregnancy with son Sean Preston, is miserable because she's overweight and stuck in the house recovering from her C-section.

Worse still, the pop princess seems to be having trouble coping with her role as a new mom and insiders say breaks into crying jags at the drop of a hat.

Said one source: "I think Britney is having a very hard time right now. She hasn't lost the pregnancy weight and she's desperate to get back in superstar shape and resume her career.

"She has turned to drinking wine to relax, washing away her stress."

And while Britney had quit smoking when she became pregnant, the source said she's now smoking more than half a pack of Newport cigarettes a day, hoping it'll curb her appetite and help her lose weight.

Said the source: "She feels sad, fat and is probably insecure about her mothering skills. She wants to be the perfect mom but gets easily freaked out if the smallest thing goes wrong.

"When the baby's bottle temperature isn't just right or she can't stop his crying or the diaper isn't a perfect fit, she dissolves into tears. She just breaks down crying and moans, 'I can't deal with this.'"

Britney has also been sleeping a lot often late into the morning and early afternoon since she gave birth on September 14.

And while the pop star is eager to slim down, doctors have told her to take it easy until six weeks after the birth.

In lieu of strenuous workouts, Britney is now watching her diet and hoping that, in addition to smoking, her new eating habits will help her shed pounds.

The pop star was notorious for pigging out during her pregnancy but now she's refusing her usual meals of fried chicken or hamburgers and instead opting for a Slim Fast.

Revealed the source: "Her hubby Kevin tries to reassure her and tells her she's being way too hard on herself. After all, he tells her, 'You've just had a baby. Give yourself a break.'"

Britney was even more down in the dumps when her mother Lynne returned home.

Lynne had been staying with the couple at their Malibu home since Britney came home from the hospital and friends say the pop star was hoping her mom would stay another month to help care for the baby.

When Lynne left, Britney had to hire a full-time nanny to help with baby Sean while Kevin took on a new role as "Mr. Mom."

"Everyone was expecting Kevin to run off to party and gamble in Las Vegas by now but he's staying very close," said an insider, who added that the 27-year-old is helping prepare bottles, feed the baby and change diapers.

To help lift his wife's mood, Kevin even tried to entice Britney's family to visit. Said the source: "So far they've turned him down, saying they're just too busy to drop everything and run out to California."

That leaves just Kevin to care for Britney during her fragile state.

Added the source: "It's a total adjustment for the couple. Britney and Kevin are overwhelmed right now."

When contacted by The National Enquirer, Britney's representative said: "I don't know if Britney is smoking or drinking but she's not depressed. There's no crying or baby blues. Britney is very happy to be a mom. Sure, Britney wants to be the perfect mom. Who doesn't?"

that kid is in for a world of shit

What the hell did she expect? To be super slim immediately after??
    And of course she is freaked out about every little thing....thats totally normal. I'd be worried if she wasn't. It's only been 3 wks honey...it's going to be ok. Especially since you have a f/t nanny...and housekeeper/chef/driver/etc

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Haha! Straight out of that old saying "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it"

C'mon people, she just needs some vitamins

Only 40 pounds?
    Where's Tom with the vitamins??

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
    C'mon people, she just needs some vitamins
    Oh no! I predict we're going to see Britney Spears brand Prozac for post partum depression. It will be pink and sparkly and cupcake flavored and have some dumb name like "Goddess"

So lets see if I get this straight:

Titney wanted a kid so badly, but can't handle the most basic aspects of parenting even surrounded by nannies, cooks, chauffeurs and maids..

She's smoking (in the house too, with the child) and drinking in order to lose weight? Has she tried putting down the twinkies? Bitch, they make GYMS for a reason, you don't need to SMOKE yourself thin!

Cletus can't seem to get any help from Titneys fam, and 'has' to stick around as a result and perform actual fatherly duties?

DOES THIS STRIKE ANYBODY ELSE AS PARTICULARELY RETARDED!?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I bet the "source" is their new nanny Shar.

aWW poor Shitney,I do recall her saying that she wanted to take time off a be a mommy, but now she cant handle it. Everyone prepare for her meltdown, its only been 3 weeks. LMAO
    Pack of ciggs everywhere, her ass is gonna be glued to the couch along with kevvie. Trailer trash Fab!

40 lbs. my ass...more like 60-70.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by mia981 View Post
    When contacted by The National Enquirer, Britney's representative said: "I don't know if Britney is smoking or drinking but she's not depressed. There's no crying or baby blues. Britney is very happy to be a mom. Sure, Britney wants to be the perfect mom. Who doesn't?"
    Ignorant statements like this truly piss me off. Relatively mild PPD or *baby blues*accompanied by crying or being a tad more emotional than usual does NOT mean one is unhappy being a mom! It's a mix of hormones and sleep deprivation. I was ecstatic at being a mom and still suffered from significant PPD for quite awhile. So I resent statements that imply such. If anything, being totally enamored with and devoted to my baby made me want to get myself the help/support I needed to come through it okay without turning to booze and other illicit drugs, which would have only made things worse.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

What did she think would happen after giving birth? Poof, the baby's out now the weight will be gone? Get over yourself already. Quit whining, take care of your baby ( you do realize it's not a doll?), and get your fatass to a gym.

Silver Member

And she's been sleeping a lot, often into the late morning and early afternoon???? I bet she's not getting up for night feedings either. Who's feeding this baby and bonding with this baby??? I guess its the nanny. Oh poor Britanny and the woes of motherhood. She has it so hard.

I hope Shitney and K-Fed doesnt get to Bobby and Whitney status, Forgetting children, pointless televised episodes of insane matramony and crazy in love, literally. Only time and Cheetos will tell.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Brittney isn't going through anything any other new mom hasn't. Yes, you know why you're fat and that it will eventually come off, but that doesn't help when you look in the mirror and see a tired, fat face staring back. And those hormones reorganizing themselves totally erase any sort of rational behaviour you ever had. I bet it was scarey when her mom left. Of course, I didn't have a nanny but when my sister left to go home after my kid, I freaked. What if he didn't eat enough? How was I going to know if there was something serious going on? It's all just trial and error when you are a first-timer and the fact that you are suddenly completely responsible for another human life sinks in.

Eww, that was preachy. Sorry.
    Buying is a profound pleasure. Simone De Beauvoir

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information