Thread: Kathy Griffin fired from E!

Default Kathy Griffin fired from E!

E! President and CEO Ted Harbert is the grinch who stole Kathy Griffin's Christmas.

Just a week before the holiday, Harbert informed Griffin's lawyer her services would no longer be needed at E! To make it worse, she found out she'd been axed only because her lawyer called asking "what the deal was" with the upcoming Golden Globes.

The tart-tongued redhead brought a much needed sparkle to the E! awards show coverage ever since Joan Rivers left for greener pastures at the TV Guide channel.

Griffin, whose latest special, "Allegedly," is airing on Bravo, told PAGE SIX: "I asked my reps, 'What's going on? The Golden Globes are in three weeks.' "

When Griffin's people called Harbert, "Apparently Ted told my reps that the E! red carpet is a puzzle and I am a piece of the puzzle, which is a wonderful puzzle piece, but I don't fit this particular puzzle and that when I see the puzzle, I will get it. I am a piece that doesn't understand only because they can't tell me who will take over.

"They kept saying, 'When you see the new puzzle, you will know it is not a personal insult.' I was like, are you kidding? I got canned, bottom line. I can't even be like Star Jones and be like, 'Oh, I have a book tour coming up!' "

Jones briefly worked with Griffin at E! covering the red carpet events, but was criticized for being too much of a suck-up to the stars. When her contract wasn't renewed, Jones claimed it was because she needed to publicize her book, "Shine," out next month.

Griffin also got into trouble on the red carpet when she joked that Dakota Fanning was in rehab prompting Fanning's reps to threaten to sue E!

"You really would have to be an idiot to take that joke seriously," Griffin said. But she was relegated to the "Siberia" of the media bridge over the red carpet while Jones or Giuliana Depandi did the softball fawning celebrity interviews.

"So now I am living in my house, just a happy funny puzzle piece looking for a new puzzle," Griffin laughed.

Our favorite funnywoman is starting to film the second season of her Bravo show, "Life on the D List," in February as well as taping another Bravo special.

Happily, one thing may be worked out. Griffin tells us she and her estranged hubby, Matt Moline, "are working on it. He will be a part of my Bravo show next season."
    pagesix

Default Re: Kathy Griffin fired from E!

whoa - that sucks
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Maybe she’s being replaced by Al Scales Reynolds.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

I'm glad that famehag Star is gone, but I like Kathy. She's funny and doesn't seem interested in ass kissing like the Queen of the Underbite, Giuliana Depandi.

I hate Giuliana, she is such a jealous bitch. I remembered on E News she would always make catty remarks about actresses. And.. she is rally ugly, no way am I gonna look at the red carpet show with her. I use to switch between Joan on the TV Guide channel and Kathy on E! but, not anymore. Good to see that Kathy and her hubby made up

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Kathy Griffin kind of annoys me--too meanspirited for my taste--so I won't be missing her.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Not me. I like her. E!'s loss big time.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Oh gosh darn, she got fired. I hate Kathy and she's not funny at all. The Wayans and Chris Rock do the "rag on the stars" thing MUCH better.

Geez, I hate a lot of people today! Aniston, Kathy, Posh too... I don't know what's up with that...

AyanEva

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    Haha, Queen of the Underbite. HAha

She does have an odd shaped face/head.
    Totally. Guiliana looks like a praying mantis.

That blows about Kathy. I love her comedy specials on Bravo.

Thread Information