Thread: Zellweger and Chesney Annulled

Default Zellweger and Chesney Annulled

tmz.com
    'EXTRA' gets official documents, whole story
    By TMZ.COM STAFF

(Dec. 21) -- The television show 'EXTRA' has obtained court papers filed Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court granting and finalizing the annulment between Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney. The papers read: "The judgment of nullity is entered. The parties are declared to be single persons."

The annulment comes just days after the former couple filed papers asking for a private judge to oversee the annulment process. Also mentioned in the papers -- each party is responsible for half of the costs and expenses of the private judge.

For the full story on the Zellweger/Chesney annulment, tune in to 'EXTRA' tonight.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Default Re: Zellweger and Chesney Annulled

Am I in a time warp? Didn't this happen months ago?

^^ She filed for annulment several months ago, but apparently, the annulment has recently been granted and finalized.

I find this interesting. I wonder what she based fraud on, if she plead that. Getting an annulment isn't very common or terribly easy, so I'm surprised they got it. Then I wake up and remember they're famous.

Elite Member

Hope they've both learned their lesson after all this.

[QUOTE=LaurentI find this interesting. I wonder what she based fraud on, if she plead that. Getting an annulment isn't very common or terribly easy, so I'm surprised they got it. Then I wake up and remember they're famous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’d like the nitty gritty details.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

If you look at the papers (look at Jessica Simpson's petition for an example), there are only so many options under annulment.... fraud is the only one you can choose that isn't accusing your partner of doing something illegal, being insane or something else out of the ordinary. I seriously doubt that "fraud" meant anything in this case.

^^ You're right, but to plead fraud she has to have grounds of some sort. In order to claim that no valid marriage exists because a defect existed at the time the union was created, she'd have to base it on something and I'm curious what she went with. I'm nosy!

I could be wrong, but can't you also get an annulment if the marriage isn't consumated? Maybe ol' Kenny couldn't perform, her being a girl and all ... hehe.

Well they said they only actually spent 8 or 10 entire days together or something... wouldn't "we never ever see each other and I thought we would" be enough reason? I don't know.

Maybe she didn't see him without the hat before she married him. He ain't so hot without it.

A*O

There are very limited criteria for annulment. Non-consummation, bigamy, one partner under-age and fraud. There may be others, it's been a long time since I looked at family law books! I think the Pope can annul Catholic marriages too, but only in very special circumstances. There have been rumours about Kenny's sexuality. Maybe he admitted he was gay after they got married. That would be 'fraud' of a kind? There's deffo more to this story that we are being told. Fascinating!
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    There are very limited criteria for annulment. Non-consummation, bigamy, one partner under-age and fraud. There may be others, it's been a long time since I looked at family law books!
    You've pretty much got them. The major grounds are usually underage, insanity, intoxication, incest, fraud, duress, bigamy, impotence, refusal to consummate the marriage or loathsome disease. There are factors that make a marriage void from the beginning and factors that make a marriage voidable. Void is usually bigamy, incest or same sex marriage. Everything else usually falls under voidable.

A*O

Maybe in this age of 'no fault divorce', Renee is so pissed off with him that she's obtained an annulment so we can infer that he's at fault and she is the victim. I wonder what he did (or didnt, or couldn't or wouldn't do). If I recall, there are no financial obligations involved with annulment and each person leaves the marriage pretty much what they came with because in the eyes of the law they were never married in the first place.

Presumably these documents will become public in due course and all will be revealed.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I thought about that and I think you're right. I know someone who tried very hard to get an annulment last year because she didn't want to be divorced twice. It was some sort of mental comfort to her to think that if annulled, it never existed. She was unable to get it and had to file on no fault/irreconcilable differences divorce grounds. But, everyone in the world knew Renee and Kenny were married, so I doubt that was her reasoning. And I could be wrong, but I don't think either one of them are practicing or devout Catholics, either.

A*O

Hmmmmmm it's very strange. If I had to guess I'd say that Kenny is, in fact, gay and so entered the marriage under false pretences (fraud). If I was Rennee I'd be pretty mad too if that's what happened.

Thread Information