Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise takes cellphone, talks to reporter's girlfriend

Default Cruise takes cellphone, talks to reporter's girlfriend

This was Dec 1st news but I didn't see it here. Please delete if this has already been posted.

Cruise takes cellphone, talks to reporter's girlfriend

Associated Press
    Dec. 1, 2005 08:29 AM

SHANGHAI, China - It was "Mission: Unpredictable" for Tom Cruise when a reporter pulled out a cell phone and the actor insisted on talking to the person on the other end of the line.

"Put her on the phone. I want to talk to her," Cruise told the journalist, who sheepishly called someone Cruise assumed to be the man's girlfriend.

"Hello. Xiexie. Ni hao. Are you good?" said Cruise, handling the Chinese words for "thank you" and "hello" with ease. advertisement

"Are you good? Are you working?" he asked. "Are you going to get engaged? Soon? Maybe?"

Cruise was speaking to journalists atop the historic Bund 18 building as bells tolled and horns blared from ships passing on the nearby Huangpu River on Wednesday after wrapping up scenes for the new "Mission: Impossible" film, due in theaters next year.

"Oh, you're married?" asked the translator, who stepped in to help the conversation along. "Tell her I wish her happiness," Cruise said.

"Xiexie, bye-bye," said the 43-year-old actor before handing the phone back to the reporter.

Asked about his own plans to wed pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes, Cruise replied, "You want to know where we're gonna get married? The exact date? The exact place? The color dress, designer?"

He added: "You know, we haven't set a date. ... It will happen next year."

Cruise recently said he had purchased a sonogram machine so that he and the 26-year-old actress could see the development of their baby.

Holmes' pregnancy was announced in early October. The couple, who have been dating since April, became engaged in June.

Default Re: Cruise takes cellphone, talks to reporter's girlfriend

This incident just screams uber control freak and asshat to me. Ewwwww.

He has lost his flippin mind & needs pharmaceutical assistance.

let me balance the scales a little bit.....alot of celebrities have done this technique. the fans love it, and even ask for it. he has always been very good with his fans, so this is normal behavior.

for xeno's sake, you humans need to leave him alone!!

Bronze Member

Just to clarify...

The reporters cellphone rang and he answered it during the middle of the press conference. Tom didn't go into Russell Crowe mode and throw it against the wall or anything...instead he did what he always does and was was very gracious with fans and reporters.

yeah he may be crazy as hell..but he loves his fans
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
    Just to clarify...

The reporters cellphone rang and he answered it during the middle of the press conference. Tom didn't go into Russell Crowe mode and throw it against the wall or anything...instead he did what he always does and was was very gracious with fans and reporters.
    Hey Jaxx - are you a Scientologist by any chance??? If so, cool, we have some questions..........
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Hey Jaxx - are you a Scientologist by any chance??? If so, cool, we have some questions..........
    Nope I'm not a Scientologist and never plan on being one.

I just think it sucks when all the these article written about him, or anyone, don't bother to get a few facts straight. Basically everythng is speculation other than what he's confirmed in recent interviews.

I don't adore Tom, and the sonogram thing is a little over the top...but I do applaud anyone who actually "walks their walk" and could care less what others think, no matter how unpopular or outrageous their ideas are.

Thumbs up Re: Cruise takes cellphone, talks to reporter's girlfriend

I don't adore Tom, and the sonogram thing is a little over the top...but I do applaud anyone who actually "walks their walk" and could care less what others think, no matter how unpopular or outrageous their ideas are.
    Agreed.
    Scientology is a crock, but hey...this is America.
    I think the part most people have problems with is the way he apparently is controlling his fiance.

A*O

You are right Classic - it's not the Scientology (well, not much), it's the control thing and the fact this whole relationship seems so stage-managed and fake.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Tom needs a good kick in the nuts.

Bronze Member

Tom has nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisonlver View Post
    Tom needs a good kick in the nuts.

That's how I feel about the whole thing. I don't care if he's "working it" for his fans, just because he's famous doesn't mean I want him answering my phone. I wouldn't think of grabbing his phone! And if I did as a joke his bodyguards would be all over me. Who's he to think he can just do that? He may be famous but so what? He's still a stranger and I don't want a stranger answering my phone. He certainly didn't like that "joke" when those reporters squirted him in the face with water. So if he doesn't want people (reporters) invading his personal space and joking around (because that's not "funny"), how about he stops invading theirs?!

If I asked him to answer my phone as a joke, now that's a different story. IMO, Cruise is a controller and this is just another instance of him showing his obvious and consistent lack of manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    Tom has nuts?
    This made me !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
    Nope I'm not a Scientologist and never plan on being one.

I just think it sucks when all the these article written about him, or anyone, don't bother to get a few facts straight. Basically everythng is speculation other than what he's confirmed in recent interviews.

the problem is that he is trying to make people walk their walk with him.

please tell him to stop advertising the scientology bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You are right Classic - it's not the Scientology (well, not much), it's the control thing and the fact this whole relationship seems so stage-managed and fake.
    scientology is control.

katie is not all fucked up just because of an agreement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information