Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brad Adopts Angelina's Children

Default Brad Adopts Angelina's Children

Hotness!!! It seems like Brad & Angelina are going to be celebrating the holidays as "The Pitts", at least their two children are.

In Touch Weekly is reporting exclusively that Brad has legally adopted both Maddox & Zahara and that the two kids are now taking on the last name Pitt as well.

The adoption of her children is just the latest step that Brad & Ange are taking on the road to marriage. In Touch is also reporting that Jolie and Pitt have already signed a prenuptial agreement, "primarily to benefit the two children, and the document includes details about the adoption."

Jen and her drunk boyfriend will be livid when they find out about this shit!
    From Perez Hilton
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/snoopac/fyou.gif What I feel like doing at work every day.

Default Re: Brad is a Dad - Legally

Bad move Ang.

Bronze Member

Yep, kinda stupid since they're not married yet. They break up, she's stuck with him in her life forever.

But good to know that he wants to be their actual father instead of this being just a temporary thing until he has his own child.

As much as I would like to see them live happily ever after as a family, I just don't see it happening. Ang is a loose cannon. Poor kids.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

That doesn't sound right at all. Why would she let him adopt them without a committment to him herself? It sounds like BS to me. If she did agree to it, there either is (or was) a wedding coming VERY shortly or she's as nuts as she seems to be.

And isn't BBT Maddox's dad? Wouldn't he have to give up parental rights. Of course I'm sure he doesn't see the kid but I'm guessing he'd have to do it on paper.

She's playing for keeps, and so is he........

SVZ

12/02/05 Brad adopts Angelina's children!

Brad Pitt has formally adopted Angelina Jolie's two children as a precursor to the couple's marriage, In Touch has learned exclusively. From now on, the children will be known as Maddox and Zahara Pitt.

As In Touch exclusively reported last week, the couple drew up a prenuptial agreement, primarily to benefit the two children, and the document includes details about the adoption.

The couple is now expected to marry soon, even though Brad's divorce from Jennifer Aniston was only finalized in October. Angelina will change her last name to Pitt after the marriage, an insider says.

Brad, 41, and Angelina met on the set of their summer smash Mr. & Mrs. Smith last year, but denied a romance. But when pictures emerged of the couple on a beach in Kenya, the secret was out. Even so, they kept a low profile until November 18 when they went to Louisville, Ky., together for the opening of the Muhammad Ali Center. They then spent Thanksgiving helping out in earthquake-ravaged Pakistan.

Jennifer and Brad split in January after four-and-a-half years of marriage and Jen, 36, filed for divorce in March.

Now that Brad is legal father to Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 10 months, the couple is expected to adopt at least one more child once they are wed.

While this will be Brad's second marriage, it will be a third for Angelina, 30, who was previously wed to British actor Jonny Lee Miller and then to Billy Bob Thornton.

Source: http://intouchweekly.hollywood.com/

Bronze Member

Default Re: Brad Adopts Angelina's Children

It's been confirmed by his publicist now, from the AP:

Brad Pitt to adopt Angelina Jolie's children

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt is seeking to become the adoptive father of Angelina Jolie's children, the actor's publicist announced Friday.

A legal petition seeking to change the names of the children to Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt was filed Friday in Los Angeles, publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a written statement to The Associated Press.

"We are confirming that Brad Pitt is in the process of becoming the adoptive father of both children," the statement said. "No further comment is being made."

The couple has been romantically linked since the filming of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith."

For months, rumors have been circulating about the extent of Jolie's off-screen relationship with Pitt. Photos published in the July 11 issue of People show Jolie standing near her Buckinghamshire, England, estate while Pitt rides a dirt bike with Maddox. Other photos show Pitt, Jolie and Maddox at Luton Airport outside London.

Pitt and Jennifer Aniston announced their separation in January, and Aniston filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce became final in October. Pitt, 41, has denied Jolie, 30, was the reason for the split.
    Measure your life in love. ~Rent

Wow... well. I don't know... it could be a great thing, or a terrible thing. We'll just have to wait and see. Like I say, they could end up another Newman and Woodward.

At least if he adopts them, he can't be ripped out of their lives so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    Wow... well. I don't know... it could be a great thing, or a terrible thing. We'll just have to wait and see. Like I say, they could end up another Newman and Woodward.

At least if he adopts them, he can't be ripped out of their lives so easily.
    Or Taylor and Burton...

oohh i bet ms aniston is pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    And isn't BBT Maddox's dad? Wouldn't he have to give up parental rights. Of course I'm sure he doesn't see the kid but I'm guessing he'd have to do it on paper.

As far as I know BBT is not Maddox's bio or adoptive dad.

He is his adoptive dad... the adoption papers are/were on Smoking Gun, and his name is on there. Maddox's last name is Thornton, too... unless she changed it.

Yikes...I think it would make more sense to marry him and not make him the adoptive father till much further down the line. To protect the kids....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information