Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Marcia Cross’ slimming nightmare

Default Marcia Cross’ slimming nightmare

Marcia Cross has recently revealed she’s been trying hard to remain thin.
    The actress, who plays neurotic Bree Van De Kamp in the ABC hit show Desperate Housewives, confessed that staying in shape is quite a living nightmare.

"Staying thin is torture. I try and eat healthily, but there's no secret to being thin - I wish there was. I exercise when I can, but some days when I'm working I just don't have the time. But I try not to obsess about it", Marcia said.

The 43-year-old star wishes that the young starlets will plump up and fight back the Hollywood pressure of remaining thin.

"The younger girls in Hollywood are emaciated and I think it is so sad. Why can't we be women? I want curves, so I have treats I still eat all the brownies I want”, Marcia added to Britain's Grazia magazine.

The actress is also concerned that she might soon turn into Bree Van De Kamp…

Marcia Cross has also confessed she has become obsessed with cleaning and cooking just like her character since getting engaged to stockbroker Tom Mahoney.

"I was getting anxious because Tom would come home and I would feel like there should be food on the table. But Tom sat me down and said, "Honey, it's not the 1950s. I'm a grown man we can work this out." But I still worry about it, I want to cook better so I'm working on it", Marcia revealed.

"When you love somebody you really want them to eat well. So I'm always thinking about that. I can't believe I sit their going, "Eat your vegetables," but I do it", the actress added.
    From news.softpedia.com

Default Re: Marcia Cross’ slimming nightmare

That's just sad.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She is frighteningly thin herself. I was watching an episode with my husband one day and we were commenting on the fact the the skin under her jaw actually goes up into the underside of the jaw. What the fuck is she talking about?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I think it's even sadder when women in their 40's like Marcia who should know better buy into the obsession with being thin instead of the young starlets. Does she even know that she completely contradicted herself with this statement?

pathetic.
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8910/congo36xq.jpg
    la maison est où le sang est
    avatar credit http://www.livejournal.com/users/teh_indy/

They're all pretty emaciated IMO. The best body on that show is Nicolette. Then maybe Felicity. Eva looked smoking on Y&R but now she looks weird. Extreme thinness tends to exaggerate lots of unattractive features like chins, jaws, noses, teeth, gives eyes a sunken in look (Hatcher).

Besides, even in the snobby high-dollar neighborhoods here you would never see that many *housewives* (especially if they're moms too) that thin. Heck I could stand to lose 20 myself but when I used to pick my son up from school I felt small! Not that I care too much about a TV show being realistic...it's supposed to be a fantasy world after all. But lots of people really feel like they're supposed to be that size.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

When my kids were young there was only one women who that thin and we all envied her. Real women don't look like that. However if I wanted to watch a show about "real" women I would look out my window.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

They all look like aliens. Between all the women of DH, they could wipe out an African country with all the Botox they have in their system. I think Felicity is the best by far, but she has a man face. Guess that's why she's playing a transgendered in that movie.

I think Marcia should worry more about her forehead then her weight. How sad.

Silver Member

I feel sorry for her--and Teri Hatcher. I understand the pressure they feel, but it would be so much better if they would allow themselves to gain a little weight--they would look so much healthier and feel better too.

Thread Information