Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Avril Lavigne... a model?

Default Avril Lavigne... a model?

Avril Lavigne made her mark as the idol of disaffected teenagers rebelling against the Barbie doll pop that ruled the early Zeroes. Now witness Avril in her new incarnation: glamorous, grown-up and angling for her share of those fashion campaigns currently being coralled by celebrities. And via her reps at Ford, she already has the blue chip editorials piling up. Stay tuned!
    http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=813 via Oh No They Didn't!

SVZ

Default Re: Avril Lavigne... a model?

ford's really stooping

she's completely fake (yes some models ARE natural), has bad skin, fake hair,

and is like 4'2"

I don't know why I have such an extreme dislike for her...oh besides the fake that she's arrogant...a liar.. and fake as hell..I wouldn't say she's ugly...but shes unique...looking
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Bronze Member

hasn't she always had that long hair?

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by mm2467 View Post
    hasn't she always had that long hair?

it's curly and knotty though, she used to have braids to manage it. she got it chemically straighened with that new japanese process

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    it's curly and knotty though, she used to have braids to manage it. she got it chemically straighened with that new japanese process
    I remember her having that freshly flat ironed look when she came out. Honestly, just because I've had thick, coarse and unruly hair my entire life, I would do the Japanese straightening treatment. I was going to a salon that offered it and it was about $400 bucks for medium length hair! Sorry, don't happen to have that just sitting around.

Something else that I've noticed, Avril Lavigne did come out into the public eye sporting the whole "punk-pop princess" look and as she has gotten older she's changed her appearance. Who hasn't? I spent most of high school wearing jeans, boots, t-shirt (long and short sleeves for variety) and a flannel. I started 7th grade in 1990, so yeah, I had to have that whole grunge look going on but eventually, I grew out of it. So, maybe she's just done the same thing. When Courtney Love cleaned up (or some semblance of) it was a "good for her" response but I've noticed a stronger judgement on Avril for changing her style. Why?

SVZ

Courtney Love cleaned up (or some semblance of) it was a "good for her" response but I've noticed a stronger judgement on Avril for changing her style. Why?
    she was *very* public and adamant that she's never going to wear a dress, etc, that she hates being girly, blah blah blah.

nothing's wrong about her hair. but she's freaking like 5 feet tall, how is she going to model?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    she was *very* public and adamant that she's never going to wear a dress, etc, that she hates being girly, blah blah blah.

nothing's wrong about her hair. but she's freaking like 5 feet tall, how is she going to model?
    Yeah, the brain is remembering that now, quite hypocritical of her then.

Yes, I think its a lot different than just "I'm growing up going to dress more womanly". That I would understand but this is the girl that was so damn critical of everyone else that dressed like that..and had the typical blonde hair..and didn't write their songs..
    she is just so hypocritical of others..and LOOK at her..atleast shes done with the poseur punk image.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Well, she was just a stupid teenage girl, and stupid teenage girls (and boys) will say things like "I will never...." I don't hold it against them for changing their minds... I mean, people say they will never have kids, never get a corporate job, never cut their hair... and so on. But you change. The punk stuff wasn't who she was, it was a phase (fake or sincere, who knows). The girly model Avril may not be real either, but at least she let the punk thing go (for the most part). It was stupid.

i think she looks pretty.
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8910/congo36xq.jpg
    la maison est oł le sang est
    avatar credit http://www.livejournal.com/users/teh_indy/

maybe it was a secret desire to be like a barbie and she couldn't. now that she is famous, has money and can buy a new look, she jumps right to it.

Thread Information