Thread: Alli Sims defends Britney Spears' parenting skills

Default Alli Sims defends Britney Spears' parenting skills

Britney's 'Cousin' Alli on Her Pop Career & Spears's Kids

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 01, 2007 02:15 PM EDT
    By Mary Margaret
    Spears and Sims Photo by: Cousart-Ramirez / JFX; INF She's been best known for hanging out with Britney Spears, but now her "cousin" Alli Sims is aiming for a pop career of her own.

Blogs have been watching Sims's Web site closely, and on Monday Spears's former assistant updated it to include her first song – a cover of "On My Own," from the stage musical Les Misérables.

And, the newly launched singer tells PEOPLE, she already has a staunch supporter in Spears.

Shrugging off rumors that Britney resented her decision to pursue her lifelong dream, Sims, 26, says: "She heard my songs on the laptop and was like, 'I love this song! This is you singing?' She has always been supportive."

As for Spears's parenting skills, which have come under fire recently, Sims tells PEOPLE in its new issue, "She's a wonderful mom and she is so hands-on. ... Britney loves those babies to death. And they adore her."

When it comes to her former employer, Sims adds, "I love her, she's beautiful inside and out. We're still great friends."

And when it comes to her music, the Southerner says she's after a "soulful" sound, and the single on her Web site is "more of a filler song until I get my new stuff recorded. Honestly, we put that one up there because all the other ones I had put down in the past had a little more of a country vibe, and I do not want to go there at all."

Further distinguishing herself from her famous friend, Sims also says, "I don't dance, I'm not pop. I have a more bluesy voice, more Norah Jones-ish. I don't want to appeal to just my age group and younger."

Having moved to Los Angeles immediately after college with a music career in mind, Sims made ends meet by working with noted wedding planner Mindy Weiss and, more recently, for Spears.

"I was just doing that for a little while, and we had a great time together," Sims says of working with Britney.

Now, however, Sims is making music with the likes of such in-demand producers as Evan Bogart and J.R. Rotem.

"I hope everything falls into place, and maybe by January I will have a lot of things under my belt and get to release something," Sims says. "I just want to do what I love. [Music] is my passion."

Alli Sims's Web site

I have a few things I'd like to point out

1) Notice how cousin is in parentheses, is this chick not really her cousin.
    2) If she is her real cousin, she would say anything to keep the family cash COW in her corner
    3)Of course she's going to say Britney's great with the kids, she needs the connections for her career. (although I'm not sure Britney still has any connections)
    4) The title implies she's all about defending Britney, when really there are two lines pertaining to her parenting skills and the rest is a plug for her album

* I also wanted to add that when I was posting this, the list of related posts came up and there was one where "Paris defended Britney's Parenting Skills". So Alli Sims and Paris are now considered parenting experts?!?

Britney's 'Cousin' Alli on Her Pop Career & Spears's Kids - Britney Spears : People.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Hit By Ban Bus!

britney loves those babies to death...yuchy choice of words.
    if she's not related i am surprised because sthere is certainly a family resemblance. the eyes.

"She's a wonderful mom and she is so hands-on.

Well, you do have to actually be holding the child when you're passing him over to someone else because the paps have dispersed and you've lost interest.

She's only 26? Her Website pic looks like a 40-year old dime-store dominatrix.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dorahacky View Post
    She's only 26? Her Website pic looks like a 40-year old dime-store dominatrix.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

WTF is she wearing?

She is just looking for attention and publicity to release her cd which sounds like shit.

Clearly this girl is doing this "statement of defense" for her own benefit..

Silver Member

I guess bad fashion sense runs in the family. WTF is with that dress?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomlyCrazy View Post
    I guess bad fashion sense runs in the family. WTF is with that dress?
    I would say she found it in Twitney's closet, but I think it might actually be a bit too classy for the Twitster.

Right. If she were really so "talented" she would have been able to make a name for herself without riding on her "cousin" Britney. I think she's a mediocre singer who severely overestimates her talent and has always wanted to prove that she's just as good as if not better than Britney. I also think she's shaving at least 4 years off of her age.

Shameless family

Thread Information