Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise training David Beckham in body language?

Default Tom Cruise training David Beckham in body language?

LONDON: It seems that Hollywood star Tom Cruise is helping David Beckham prepare for the "over the top" US media.

Becks' elegant performances in front of the cameras in Los Angeles have fuelled claims that the Mission Impossible actor is training him in body language.

Beckham's press conference speech recently was strikingly similar to Cruise's performance at an awards ceremony three years ago.

"There are striking similarities between Tom and David. He's definitely been coached,” News of the World quoted body language expert Robert Phipps, as saying.

The former England captain has replaced his squeaky accent with the actor’s deeper, slower voice.

"David's performance was so slick and assured it's clear the advice from Tom has been rubbing off. David has always been quite shy in front of the cameras,” a source said.

"He's got a squeaky Cockney accent normally and he talked into his chest. While wife Victoria could turn on the charm, David always looked uncomfortable with that side of fame and preferred to do his talking on the pitch. But Tom's being drumming into him that Americans expect their stars to be able to be all-singing, all-dancing,” the source added.

Beckham has also employed Cruise’s habit of throwing his arms out to his audience, a typical body language trick to draw people and gain support.

"David as a general rule is not that expressive with his hands. But now he uses both hands which is to encompass his entire audience to get his message across,” Phipps said.

Beckham moved to LA this month to begin a new chapter in his career at LA Galaxy after leaving Spanish club Real Madrid.

Cruise is Becks' body language coach-International Buzz-Entertainment-The Times of India

Aye..I bet Tom's been helping David with his body language. Private coaching sessions, hands all over the place, "We both must be naked in order to fully express ourselves", that sort of thing....
    ..Got 25 channels of white noise evil buzzing in my head..

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Oh dear, he's not teaching poor Becks the patented Scientology penis hug, is he?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

ok. tell me again, someone please, why is tom cruise gay?? not that i'm a fan of his, but i never knew or thought he was gay, until i started reading all about his rumors.

Tom would never want to use his acting talents to teach Becks how to use his whole body to convey messages.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Oh dear, he's not teaching poor Becks the patented Scientology penis hug, is he?

LOL!

I guess that he started having trainng years ago, to deepen his voice etc...
    I guess when you're a sportsman of such stature & have a high profile existance you can't not.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

tom cruise is a sick old man! did they invent the term "cruising" after him?!

A*O

Tom and Katie seem to be superglued to the Beckhams. Perhaps the plan is to wear them down until they sign up.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Anybody who went to that welcome fest for the Beckhams no doubt invited by tom Cruise, is off my list forever. I cant believe Jim Carrey went.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by curlysem View Post
    ok. tell me again, someone please, why is tom cruise gay?? not that i'm a fan of his, but i never knew or thought he was gay, until i started reading all about his rumors.
    This would take too long to answer, suffice it to say there have been many men over the years who have said they slept with Tom, then all of a sudden...........silence! He shuts them up with lawsuits very quickly. People on the inside know who's gay and who's not and sometimes a little information slips out. Remember Rock Hudson hid it from the public for years but everyone in the business knew. He is a total control freak and his first wife said they almost never had sex. I've also heard from someone who was at a party with Tom & Nicole that she went off with her "girlfriends" and Tom went off with his "friends".
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

David B. has been one of the most photographed men in the world. I can't believe he would need Tom's help with knowing how to deal with the camera, not at this point anyway. He is supposedly a rather shy guy, ceraintly not the cam-hog wifey is but he does know how to handle himself. And I think it is pretty well known that DB worked with a vocal coach long before he came to the States. Even the Brits thought his voice needed help. I think HE probably needs to help Tom rather than the other way around. TC's reputation is a bit of a mess.

That is the gayest picture of Tom Cruise ever. I LOVE it. He looks like Willy Wonka on Who Wants To Be a Superhero.

Poor David, he really is the golden ticket...
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Anybody who went to that welcome fest for the Beckhams no doubt invited by tom Cruise, is off my list forever. I cant believe Jim Carrey went.
    Jenny MaCarthy = scientologist

Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    That is the gayest picture of Tom Cruise ever. I LOVE it. He looks like Willy Wonka on Who Wants To Be a Superhero.

Poor David, he really is the golden ticket...
    It's from Magnolia.

Respect Teh Cock!

*NSFW*

YouTube - Tom Cruise Respects The Cock=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information