Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: 'I don't want to be Queen'

Default Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: 'I don't want to be Queen'

Camilla: 'I don't want to be Queen'

The Duchess of Cornwall does not want the title Queen, it emerged today.

Camilla, who is 60 today, has told close friends she wants to be known as the princess consort when Prince Charles becomes king.
    She has let it be known she is "happy" if she never becomes queen and wants only a "supporting role" in Charles's life. Scroll down for more...

Supporting role: Charles with Camilla who turns 60 today

• One senior royal figure told the Daily Mail's sister paper, the Evening Standard: "There has been a lot of talk about 'Queen Camilla' but it is not something that exercises the minds of either of their Royal Highnesses.

"The Duchess is technically the Princess of Wales but chose to use another of her rightful titles, the Duchess of Cornwall.
    "With this in mind, no matter what the precedent is, the Duchess fully intends to be known as the princess consort when the time comes. She is fully supported by the Prince in this.
    "There is no secret plan to install her as queen, far from it. She simply wants to support her husband both publicly and privately."
    But Camilla's decision to take the title princess consort throws up a constitutional problem which may only be resolved by legislation.
    Under current law, wives must take the rank of their husbands. There is no precedent for having a king married to a wife who is not queen.
    The Department of Constitutional Affairs has always insisted she will become queen unless Parliament legislates to strip her of the right to the title. Any change to her status may also have to be approved by the 17 parliaments in Commonwealth countries where the new king will be head of state.
    The title princess consort is not previously known in British constitutional history and is designed to reflect the fact that a large section of the public is unwilling at present to accept Camilla as queen.
    A poll published today reveals that while 28 per cent of those questioned were in favour of her becoming queen, 61 per cent want her to become consort. An opinion poll in 2005, when she married Charles, showed only seven per cent wanted her to become queen. Another senior source told the Standard: "She [Camilla] has no side; she is a self-contained woman who came to the job of being a member of the royal family late, at 58.
    Duchess is instinctive in the way she wants to handle situations. She really doesn't want to, or need to be, spun by the PR men."
    To celebrate her birthday, Charles is throwing a party at Highgrove on Saturday night attended by 200 friends and family.
    Prince William will attend but Prince Harry is on military duties. Camilla's children Tom and Laura and their spouses are expected while friends include Joanna Lumley.
    The Queen and other senior members of the royal family will stay away, although officials are at pains to point out this should not be seen as a snub "in any way".
    The event is intended as an intimate and informal gathering, planned by Charles's former valet Michael Fawcett.
    Instead, the Queen and Prince Philip are understood to have sent Camilla their best wishes this morning. Camilla is performing official engagements with Prince Charles in Wiltshire today followed by a birthday lunch with family.
    Ten years ago - when Princess Diana was still alive - public feeling towards the two divorcées was distinctly chilly, even hostile. In a television poll of 100,000 viewers in July 1997, two thirds thought that if Charles married Camilla it should disqualify him from becoming king.
    Today's revelat ion that Camilla wishes only to be known as princess consort flies in the face of increased speculationof a secret royal plan to install her as queen when the moment arises. A recent Channel 4 documentary "Queen Camilla" - that included testimony from close friends of the Duchess - claimed there was a secret plan for Camilla to be awarded the title queen.

Camilla: 'I don't want to be Queen' | the Daily Mail

A*O

If she's married to the King then she automatically becomes the Queen, whether she likes or uses the title or not. And don't they look HAPPY in that picture? Nobody in this whole saga has behaved particularly well but I am glad for them both.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

...a phrase you will never hear me speak...."I don't want to be the Queen."

Bitch is lying through her nasty ass teeth.

That's ok horse-face adulterus, I don't want you to be queen either...

And just to be clear I don't want the Elephantine eared adulter Charles to be queen (or king) either!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^Diana was with other people too, so if they were both cheating, who cares?

She should be queen. People act like Diana was soooo perfect; in my opinion, she is replaceable. Just like Charles was replaced. People grew up and moved on.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

I don't want someone as morally corrupt to represent me & my country.
    Its bad enough having corrupt politicians.

So your plan is to wipe out the entire family then?

Oooh! Good Idea Bella!!!! Yup that one works for me!!! (OK, I admit that I quite like Lizzy - as you'd probably guessed) but the rest? pah!

Not that my Yankee opinion counts -- but I don't want her to be Queen either....

Just so long as you agree with me Cataroo! then it can count LOL!

^^^ We seem to be in agreement a lot lately...

ONE of us should be worried!!

but I agree with myself all the time... you're just a figment of my over-active imagination, aren't you????

Unpopular opinion: I think Charles and Camilla make a nice couple and look happy. They were apparently always in love with each other, so better luck to them I say. Camilla has been pretty low profile and unobtrusive during her two years as royalty, but I suppose there will always be people who are offended by her very being.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

A*O

I don't want to shatter anyone's bubble here but ALL the members of the royal family (including HMQ) are either confirmed aldulterers or strongly suspected of being so not only now but throughout history. Prince Phillip is a notorious philanderer, including an affair with his wife's cousin Princess Alexandra. The Queen was very 'close' to her racing manager Lord Porchester (compare his pic to that of Prince Andrew, wink). Princess Ann had a fling with her police bodyguard and various others. Prince Andrew was/is a sailor in every sense of the word. I'm not defending this type of behaviour but I do think it's unfair to pile all this hatred onto Charles because he preferred the company of the woman he loved, not the woman he was more or less forced to marry; and Camilla who through all these years has behaved with complete discretion and dignity - unlike Diana.

If you want people with moral integrity and honour to rule or run the country there'd be no royals anywhere and certainly no politicians.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information