Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears meltdown redux?

Default Britney Spears meltdown redux?

Britney Spears is all over the map and many believe another meltdown can only be right around the corner. She is again battling with her still husband Kevin Federline over the terms of her divorce. She turned up in short shorts picking and scratching and delivered some sort of a letter to her mom. She is claiming that her rehab was all fake and was reportedly so convinced that second hand dope smoke would cause her to fail a drug test that she went bald.

According to sources cited by AOL Celebrity website TMZ.Com, Britney was on Prozac and once she quit taking it her post-partum depression became worse and that's when she melted down before the paparazzi cameras.

According to that report, Federline threatened to go public by going to court to wrestle custody from her if she didn't go to rehab. Sources say Spears could not withstand the pressure from her mom, Federline and Rudolph, and checked into Promises last February 20. But she now says she didn't need rehab.

Well, she's again battling the same folks. Nothing seemingly has been resolved and again she again may be pushed to the edge. Is there a Britney meltdown redux upcoming? One cam only hope that for those two little boys sakes that there isn't.

source: National Ledger - Britney Spears Meltdown Redux?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I'm finding it very hard to care

Silver Member

I've never had an opinion on Britney one way or the other but I have to say I really think she's suffering from post-partum which can last for a long time after the birth of a child. I'm just not getting the drug vibe from her....drinking yes which certainly wouldn't help matters. She is definitely on the road to self-destruct. No celebrity who is trying to revamp their career appears as trashy looking as she has/is unless there is a problem.

I would believe the postpartum thing but then why all the trips to the bathrooms? Hershey squirts perhaps? I think not.

Has anyone here suffered from Post Partum Depression? I am very curious what the real symptoms are. This is not in defense of Britney...I honestly have no idea what they are.
    Playful~

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    Has anyone here suffered from Post Partum Depression? I am very curious what the real symptoms are. This is not in defense of Britney...I honestly have no idea what they are.
    I had post-partum depression..BAD. I was suicidal to the point i went to check the rafters in the garage to see if they could hold my weight. I refused to interact with my son unless I had to. I wouldn't take a shower or bath for WEEKS. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep. I screamed at my baby that I hated him and he ruined my life. I cried ALL THE TIME. Wouldn't get out of my jammies for days on end. I was a friggin mess. Got started on Paxil and Xanax, went to some therapy, all was good in a few months.

^^I had the crying all the time too. Couldn't have a thought without it going astray. It was kinda like having ADD except you would cry all the time. Because it is a type of depression, it can last years if not treated.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I had post-partum depression..BAD. I was suicidal to the point i went to check the rafters in the garage to see if they could hold my weight. I refused to interact with my son unless I had to. I wouldn't take a shower or bath for WEEKS. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep. I screamed at my baby that I hated him and he ruined my life. I cried ALL THE TIME. Wouldn't get out of my jammies for days on end. I was a friggin mess. Got started on Paxil and Xanax, went to some therapy, all was good in a few months.
    I can't begin to imagine how terrifying that must have been...not only for you but your family. Thank you for sharing.

It does seem at least some of Britney's behavior matches much of what you've just described. She seemed to go to great lengths to avoid her son and her personal hygeine is something that has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. If this is only part of her problem, I pray there is someone who can finally get through to her.
    Playful~

I'm more inclined to believe it's meth that's got her all fucked up.

^^
    ITA Wicked.

Anyone else remember that blind item about the starlet who gave up everything but meth after rehab?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe it's meth that's got her all fucked up.
    I kind of doubt it's meth. When you're doing meth, you don't eat...Britney eats. But she could very well be doing coke though I'm still leaning toward post-partum depression.

We don't have a 24-hour clock trained on Britney. She may or may not be eating (HEALTHY FOOD) on a regular basis.

I still say she went on a meth bender and lost her damn mind. And now she's probably fighting an addiction. Remember: not all methheads look like methheads. They all start out looking like normal, decent folk, and it all goes downhill from there. Much like Britney.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    We don't have a 24-hour clock trained on Britney. She may or may not be eating (HEALTHY FOOD) on a regular basis.

I still say she went on a meth bender and lost her damn mind. And now she's probably fighting an addiction. Remember: not all methheads look like methheads. They all start out looking like normal, decent folk, and it all goes downhill from there. Much like Britney.
    Knowing what meth does to the brain, yeah, it's quite possible, especially since meth causes a feeling of superiority, not caring about appearance, and then the mood swings from coming down. Oh, and acute paranoia. And another thought, if she wasn't drug tested immediately upon entering rehab (some rehab!), it only takes 24 hours for meth to disappear from your system, so any drug tests taken the next day would show nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    Knowing what meth does to the brain, yeah, it's quite possible, especially since meth causes a feeling of superiority, not caring about appearance, and then the mood swings from coming down. Oh, and acute paranoia. And another thought, if she wasn't drug tested immediately upon entering rehab (some rehab!), it only takes 24 hours for meth to disappear from your system, so any drug tests taken the next day would show nothing.
    As the paper work was released by the Britany Spears source, I actually don't believe that there was no drug testing upon admission or in the first two weeks. I believe that she was clean after 2 weeks there but that they are not releasing the initial paperwork as it'll show a whole kalidescope of drugs.

Promises don't just treat these so-called celebs their bread & butter are captains of industry, high-flyers, etc. They (surely) wouldn't have managed to stay open for 30 year (or so) if they were just playing at it

& Wicked, can you please stop using honest & decent in sentence near Britney's name, it worries me.....

I'm sorry, Novice. Whatever was I thinking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information