Thread: TMZ post divorce papers that suggest Chris Benoit has a history of domestic violence

Default TMZ post divorce papers that suggest Chris Benoit has a history of domestic violence

Benoit's History of Domestic Violence Exposed

Posted Jun 26th 2007 1:27PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice
    Before her grisly death, Chris Benoit's wife once told a judge that she was, "intimidated by threats of violence" from her 220 lb. husband.

In divorce papers filed in 2003, Nancy Benoit included a petition for protection from domestic abuse against Chris. In the papers, Nancy claimed that Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture." Nancy added that she was, "in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

Three months later, Nancy filed to have the divorce papers and the restraining order dismissed. A short time later, a judge granted her wish.

As TMZ first reported, law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, smothered his son on Sunday and then hanged himself on Monday.
    Related

Document

The Divorce Papers
    Benoit's History of Domestic Violence Exposed - TMZ.com

I would like to say at this point that, for me, the jury is out until the police actually comment on what happened. Yes, these papers were filed, however, they were dismissed 3 months later & she was still with him at the time of her death, five years later.
    I realise that she might have been intimidated to stay, but I also know that these papers could have been filed for "other reasons". (denise richards?)
    Last edited by Novice; June 26th, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

she looks like a more jacked-up Gretchen Wilson
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She looks like she would beat your ass too.

She was a bodybuilder at one point. That is a good picture of her.

If you feared him, why go back?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

go back all you want that's your ass, but if I think some fucker's capable of hurting my kid, my kid ain't going nowhere near him and he ain't getting near my kiddo either...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I knew you'd know!

Yes, that was what I questioned too, because surely she'd be able to afford to go elsewhere, even penniless woman manage.
    I know all about the "they promise not to do it again" stuff - but had anyone else heard of this? News & reputations get around.....

^^Is it becoming apparent that I am a wrestling nut and have been for twenty five years?

Now, I am not as bad as my ex friend who was a writer for the sites, but when she needed to know something about the wrestler, she called me.

Nancy was a bodybuilder who became a valet/manager. She also wrestled. Her stage name was Woman and let me tell you, she looks like one in that pic. At the height of her fame, she was built and had all the features of a man and could pick them up with ease.

Scary!

^^Is it becoming apparent that I am a wrestling nut and have been for twenty five years?

Now, I am not as bad as my ex friend who was a writer for the sites, but when she needed to know something about the wrestler, she called me.

Nancy was a bodybuilder who became a valet/manager. She also wrestled. Her stage name was Woman and let me tell you, she looks like one in that pic. At the height of her fame, she was built and had all the features of a man and could pick them up with ease.

Scary!
    Erm.. yeah, sorry hon!

So - no gossip about this? No rumours? (hope not!)

I just wish that the police would release the details (& that he didn't kill his son)

This is why you NEVER stay or go back to a man that has abused you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    she looks like a more jacked-up Gretchen Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    This is why you NEVER stay or go back to a man that has abused you.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, the abused cannot see the forest for the trees, as they say.
    They've been beaten down, dumbed down, and see no light at the end of the tunnel. It's not living, just existing.

When a man threatens to kill you, you need to believe him and get the hell out. And STAY out.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Exactly. Unfortunately, the abused cannot see the forest for the trees, as they say.
    They've been beaten down, dumbed down, and see no light at the end of the tunnel. It's not living, just existing.

When a man threatens to kill you, you need to believe him and get the hell out. And STAY out.

While I'd like to say that I agree...unless you've ever been in that positon, you'd be surprised what you'd do...

People who know me now say that they would never have guessed that I was in an abusive marriage for 12 years...

What didn't kill me made me stronger....

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Erm.. yeah, sorry hon!

So - no gossip about this? No rumours? (hope not!)

I just wish that the police would release the details (& that he didn't kill his son)
    Details released. He killed his son, wife, and self. There were anabolics found in the home.

Now, granted, he has had numerous injuries, including a totally rebuilt shoulder that almost ended his career, so roids can be a part of his regimen. He sustained head injuries as well.

Ehh, I love wrestling and am not ashamed. I do not like the fact that it has become obvious roids are an issue. When people were dying at 40 from heart failure, no one really said anything. Now that a child has died, maybe they will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by cataroo View Post
    While I'd like to say that I agree...unless you've ever been in that positon, you'd be surprised what you'd do...

People who know me now say that they would never have guessed that I was in an abusive marriage for 12 years...

What didn't kill me made me stronger....
    I was in an abusive marriage for 5 years (this was quite some time ago), and it's scary to think back to how I was then. Didn't know which way was up, didn't know what the hell to do, and often didn't care. Held onto the illusion that things would get 'better'.

You are right, what doesn't kill us certainly does make us stronger. Makes us smarter too-- I pity the man who tries to lay a hand on me again.

And I'm so sorry you had to go through that!

Thread Information