Thread: Alec Baldwin's Voicemail Aired In Court

Default Alec Baldwin's Voicemail Aired In Court

Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin's infamous rant against his 11-year-old daughter was played in court again on Monday.

The Departed star and his ex-wife Kim Basingerhave been locked in a legal fight to determine custody of their daughter Ireland since their divorce in 2002.

Earlier this year, Baldwin's visitation rights were suspended after the court heard an angry voicemail message he left for his daughter on his ex's answering machine. The actor is heard verbally chastising Ireland and calling her mother "a thoughtless pain in the ass".

However Baldwin's attorneys are determined to find out who leaked the message to TMZ.com soon afterwards, in violation of the L.A. Superior Court Commissioner Maren Nelson's order to keep the message away from the media. Basinger denies leaking the tape.

Source starpulse

I don't know why anyone is making a big deal about this voice mail. Yeah he shouldn't have said what he said but you show me one person who hasn't said something to their child or someone they care about that they shouldn't have and regret later. The man is at the end of his rope dealing with his crazy ex. You can tell how much he cares for his daughter because he hasn't just thrown his hands up and said I give up and went on to make a new family like a lot of men would do.

while that voice mail wasnt a stellar moment for Alec, i think Kim Basinger needs to have her head bashed in. she isnt doing whats best for their child, she's doing whats best for Kim.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'd like to bash her head in ... and I don't even LIKE alec baldwin...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

He sounded like a man at the end of his rope dealing with his crazy ex and a kid who was ignoring his calls. I'm glad people don't tape me when I'm ranting and raving.

poor kid stuck in the middle.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

I agree with all of the above comments.

At some point, as she gets older, Ireland is going to get wise to all the shit Basinger pulled over the years and will resent her mother for preventing her from having a normal relationship with her father.

It's fine if you don't get along with your former spouse, but leave the kid out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I agree with all of the above comments.

At some point, as she gets older, Ireland is going to get wise to all the shit Basinger pulled over the years and will resent her mother for preventing her from having a normal relationship with her father.

It's fine if you don't get along with your former spouse, but leave the kid out of it.
    Brilliantly said aabbcc!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Silver Member

Actually, for once I agree. You show me one parent who hasn't lost their temper with their child. I'm not even a parent but I can recall many times when my father said far worse things to me and I KNOW that I am blessed to have the father I do. The times when he has been hardest on me are the times I have known that he cares about me.

I can pretty much guarantee that Ireland will feel the same way eventually. Her Father CARES about her, clearly. At the same time show me a child who knows they are going to get into trouble with their parent and would willingly accept the phone call

It is completely normal. However, when it can be used against someone in a court of law it will always look bad. That doesn't mean it IS bad though, it just can be used in that way.

Alec and his daughter seem to me at least to be in a situation where they actually have a normal relationship but a mother who wants to twist it to make it look abnormal for her own gain.

Saying that, we are only looking at one piece of evidence though and maybe this is just part of a whole picture of things that have happened to Ireland. If behaviour like this is sustained towards the child then there would be cause for concern IMO.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I feel sorry for him. You definitely get the impression that KB is just one of those parents who is using the child as a weapon. No, he shouldn't have taken it out on the kid BUT at some point Ireland will have to realize what her mother has done. Maybe this rant and the press surrounding it let her know how tortured her father really is.

I think Baldwin is a highly gifted, volatile and fiery person. However, I think he obviously loves his daughter and is desperate to cultivate and maintain a relationship with her.

Kim Basinger strikes me as self-centered and manipulative. Clearly, she uses her daughter to gain sympathy, while making Alec look like a monster.

I don't know what went on in that marriage--I don't want to know and I don't have to know. Most likely they were both wrong. But I do believe Baldwin has a very good heart, and makes grave mistakes and loses his temper, as we all have done.

I feel very sorry for Ireland especially, because she is being used as a pawn to gain sympathy for her mother, having her own life invaded and publicized. They need to resolve this privately.

And Kim needs to give her goddamn Oscar back. Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

And Kim needs to give her goddamn Oscar back. Idiot.
    How'd she get that? LOL. Just goes to show, there's hope at Oscar time for Jolie.

Thread Information