Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie Says She is Still a Responsible Mom

Default Angelina Jolie Says She is Still a Responsible Mom

Angelina Jolie has dismissed criticism she's an irresponsible parent for travelling to dangerous regions of the developing world in her capacity as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador.

The mother-of-four believes her determination to change the planet for the better is instead a shining example to her kids.

She says, "I do no service to my children by staying home and allowing the world to be what it is.

"That's not teaching them anything, it's not raising them properly."

Jolie became a Goodwill Ambassador August in 2001 after she saw the poverty in Cambodia when she was filming Tomb Raider. The actress went on a 18 day mission to Sierra Leone and Tanzania in February 2001 ,and donated $1 million for Afgan refugess in a response to a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCT) emergency appeal.

Since 2001 the actress has concentrated on visiting refugees all around the world including Thailand, Columbia, Ecuador, Kosovo, kenya and Sudan.

But since the adoption of her three of four children, Maddox from Cambodia, Zahara from Ethiopia and Pax from Vietnam, and her high profile relationship with Brad Pitt her personal life has hogged the spotlight.

And with her new film A Mighty Heart, based on Mariane Pearl's search for her journalist husband when he goes missing in Pakistan, flopping at the box office it appears the Brangelina bubble is beginning to burst.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/enterta...lie-36479.html

and let the bashing begin.

GO!

I guess I'm not raising my children properly then since I don't travel to third world countries every couple of days like Angelina.

Damn, will this woman please just go away!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

^So cynical.

Now, I have to agree with Angelina here. Where exactly is a safe place? You can get mugged on Michigan Avenue. There have been a rash of murders in the wealthiest areas of the Windy City. Nowhere is safe.

If nothing else, these kids will not be scaredy cats.

Nothing to bash her about here. Sorry.

What she should be questioned about is why Brad appears to be a single parent.

Silver Member

I'll bite....

So does that mean that mothers that stay HOME with their children and don't jet off to, say, Darfur are not raising their kids properly?

She knows she can't stay in one place and give the kids the stability they need. She would go insane (and wouldn't be able to do as much heroin)!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    and let the bashing begin.

GO!
    You don't she asks for it with comments like this?
    She says, "I do no service to my children by staying home and allowing the world to be what it is.

"That's not teaching them anything, it's not raising them properly."
    While Pitt may be a self-proclaimed Zen Master of PR, Jolie is hopeless.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    I guess I'm not raising my children properly then since I don't travel to third world countries every couple of days like Angelina.

Damn, will this woman please just go away!
    I'm calling CPS, Mintjelly! LEAVE YOUR KIDS for days at a time with nannies or I'll have no choice!

Nannies are hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by texlux View Post
    I'm calling CPS, Mintjelly! LEAVE YOUR KIDS for days at a time with nannies or I'll have no choice!
    I'm sure in a lot of celeb cases, nannies are preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by texlux View Post
    I'll bite....

So does that mean that mothers that stay HOME with their children and don't jet off to, say, Darfur are not raising their kids properly?

She knows she can't stay in one place and give the kids the stability they need. She would go insane (and wouldn't be able to do as much heroin)!
    That's exactly my problem with her statement. She makes it sound as if other parents aren't doing right by their children because we don't do what she does. Whatever works for her, fine. But don't bash other parents because you can't stay away from the spotlight. What an ass!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    That's exactly my problem with her statement. She makes it sound as if other parents aren't doing right by their children because we don't do what she does. Whatever works for her, fine. But don't bash other parents because you can't stay away from the spotlight. What an ass!
    The same can be said for those that bash her parenting for traveling and doing what she does.

JM2c.

I wonder if she even remembers what her kids look like. She is doing them a great service by seeing them a few days of the month.

Does what she says even matter anymore? She is off her rocker and we all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    I do no service to my children by staying home and allowing the world to be what it is.
    Illusions of greatness anyone?
    Someone should tell Mrs Churchill that some people with the same condition are invited to take a rest in the nearest psychiatric ward

Nah, it doesn't matter. It's the frothing that comes afterwards.

I have said this before: Her role in Girl, Interrupted was so convincing because it was the one job she did not have to rely on her acting skills for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information